Angie Harmon wants to play She-Hulk

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 4, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Angie Harmon play She-Hulk?

1. Yes, this has to happen!

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No, I'd rather see someone else in the part.

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. I don't know.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kate Beckinsale is 38 and she just did another "Underworld" film. Milla Jovovich is 36 and is still doing action flicks. Angelina Jolie is in her mid thirties and has done action films "Salt". I see no reason why Angie Harmon in the shape and age she's at now can't do "She-Hulk". Is it unlikely? Sure, but doesn't mean she shouldn't be disregarded because of her age.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The original unfounded criticism was about casting a geriatric in the alpha of a possibly extended franchise that might go on for a decade or more... Kate shouldn't have gone back to underworld, not because she's still more beautiful than most 20 year olds, but because the movie was shit.

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it likely that the all-digital Hulk's female counterpart would be played by a flesh and blood actress in body paint?

4. Guy Gardener

Jessica Rabbit is still one of the sexiest women alive.

Why not put another cartoon gal on that sort of pedestal?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Good point. It's not like Mark Ruffalo had to be young and fit to play the Hulk. Or painted green.

Harmon could be digitally enhanced when she played She-Hulk, making her non-virtual age somewhat less relevant than usual . . . .

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeez I was just shooting from the hip. A couple of you would've thought I was trying to lay out facts.
    But whatever some of you need.

The question was, would you want her, no.

As for other actresses in action roles those ladies aren't starting action in their late 30's. They are established in those roles from earlier. Not so for Angie and it's not just her it's any woman who might be 40. That is solid and you all know it, I don't know why some are being obtuse about it.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude...it's okay just to say you don't like her in the role. I don't know why you're trying to make it about anything else. Frankly...Harmon wouldn't be my first choice either, but I wouldn't mind if she was She-Hulk, as I said earlier...it's unlikely it will happen. Patrick Dempsey has expressed an interest in playing Stephen Strange last year...does that mean it is gonna happen? No...but I would like to see him in the role.

I agree with what Greg stated and that She-Hulk would probably be digitally inserted or CGI anyway.

8. Guy Gardener

CGI is meh.

What about hiring nothing but short skinny actors, and Angie Harmon?

Add some forced perspective and she'll seem like a real jade giantess.

If her leading man was say, Tom Cruise or Ryan Seacreast, she might seem to be 8 or feet tall.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

And Jeremy Renner was just turning 40 when Hawkeye appeared in Thor. He's no kid, either.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was thinking that too. She-Hulk isn't the big monster that the Hulk is. You could put Harmon in make-up and use forced perspective to make her look a little bigger.

11. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not entirely convinced that Angie Harmon is a 36C.

12. Guy Gardener

Would Angie be happy just playing She Hulk and not Jennifer too?

(Just had a chuckly echo to the story line where Jennifer married John Jameson.)

OH! OH! OH!

You have your massive regular sized Angie Shulkie....

And then you have minute demure CGI Jennifer Walters they created by putting Angie into one of those CGI motion capture body socks.

13. Guy Gardener

Dude.

She Hulk wears a 58GG.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

In a way, a she-hulk movie poses more problems than hulk does. Most of the time hulk only shows on screen when it's time to "smash" things. This is easier to portray with CGI than say Jen spending most of the movie "hulked out" and interacting in a more day to day manner.

15. Guy Gardener

In the "recent" (10 ago years is recent? I feel OLD.) series by Dan Slott, the lawfirm Jennifer worked for wouldn't allow her to be She Hulk during business hours, unless it was the end of the world or some Avengers related matter.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Nah, I don't see it. Speaking just for myself, I don't think that she would be a very good fit for She-Hulk at all. YMMV, of course.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I think she's a very beautiful woman, but I agree with the point that a studio might not want to start a superhero trilogy with a woman whose character is supposed to be around 30, while the actress may be in her 50s for the third film.

18. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I'd love Jen to come to the big screen, but the story would really have to make some choices about She-Hulk's character. Savage She-Hulk might allow an approach closer to the Hulk, which audiences might expect. The very different character of Jen might be a good twist for the audience. Visually, though, She-Hulk all the time would be tough. CGI all much of the way may not work for audience sensibility, and make-up probably would not cut it at all. They could take the route, as someone mentioned, of Dan Slott's book where part of Jen's job contract was she couldn't be Shulkie all the time. Playing that up could be fun for a film. I haven't seen anything with Ms Harmon, she might be fine, or could be lobbying sore something in the wake of The Avengers and Marvel films in general success.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Aren't you forgetting Avatar or Rise of the Planet of the Apes? We've definitely reached the point where performance capture can create a convincing, sympathetic, emotionally expressive lead character, provided a film has the necessary budget and expertise. And after the success of The Avengers, there's no doubt that Marvel would have the budget.

20. Guy Gardener

I love She Hulk.

But she's a b-movie, direct to dvd character.

Is marvel going to still persue dinky little projects that might break even, when it should be trying to find another golden goose?