Early starfleet.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by WraithDukat, Feb 18, 2013.

1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

This is my read on it too. The Enterprise topping out at warp five, instead of warp four, would have been a major break-through. But it meant a ship going twice as fast, not ten or a hundred times as fast.

The Enterprise was the NX-01, of the NX class. The ships that came to her aid in The Expanse (Intrepid and two others) could have been of the NW class, with the lead ship in that class being the NW-01.

Jean-Luc Picard: "Plenty of letters left in the alphabet."

Theoretically, on paper, yes. In actuality Japan continued after the war to possess a large military force. Today it has the second most powerful on East Asia, only China's is larger.

And both of them existed with the "New United Nations." Each with a different collection of Earth nations. Or some nations being member of two (or all three) organizations.

From the Trek history we've been presented with, the New United Nations and some version of United Earth did exist at the same time.

In the mid 22nd century, how many self proclaimed "world governments" were there anyway?

Do you remember what year this was to have been?

Four if you also include South Sudan. Depending on what you view as "a nation," the number of nations on Earth today could be as high as 250.

But that ship only existed in an alternative universe.

:)

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Terra Prime in 2155.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

From Trekmovie.com, shortly after the release of the 2009 movie:

GaryS: Was the timeline that Nero visited the original past up to the point that George Kirk is killed? Or was it always an alternate timeline because Nero was destined to travel there?

BobOrci: We think of it is as identical to the original until Nero arrives.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/05/22/orci-and-kurtzman-reveal-star-trek-details-in-trekmovie-fan-qa/

Word of Bob Orci > T'Girl

:p

4. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

And if pennant letters in the UE Starfleet mean the same thing as they do in today's navies, that is, they describe the role of the ship, NX might well be the designation of deep space Xplorers - of which the Enterprise would indeed be the very first ever.

There might have been, say, five different CC classes of combat cruisers, the first featuring CC-01 through CC-12, the last featuring CC-78 through CC-94 or something like that. But only one NX class. Which then means that "She's NX class" would be a workable, unique identifier, an alternative to "Enterprise class" - but nobody could say "She's CC class" and get his message through, hence the need for "Neptune class" or "Triton class" when describing combat cruisers.

I don't think we need to presume this. The only date at which the NUN was known to have existed was 2036, and our earliest UESPA reference would seem to be from the late 2060s; what other UE references are there for the 21st century?

...But word of Bob Orci << word of T'Girl.

Beyond that, Kirk as played by Pine looks different from Kirk as played by Shatner. The two aren't of the same height, either, nor do they have the same eye color. Basically, this means that according to Bob Orci, the USS Kelvin we see may be the new look for the original USS Calvin which was more angular and twenty percent smaller but was still the very same ship.

Timo Saloniemi

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't go so far as to change the spelling, but yes, the USS Kelvin would look slightly different in the original 60's TV show just as everything else does. Same future, seen through different eyes.

6. Retu

Retu Commander Red Shirt

That reminds me of this little exchange in the "Fallen Hero":

T'POL: Holding at warp four point nine, but Commander Tucker doesn't believe we can sustain it for more than another ten minutes.
    TUCKER: Please tell me you're ready to slow down.
    ARCHER: Sorry Trip, but we need a little more speed.
    TUCKER: I don't know how much more I can give you.
    ARCHER: It's called a warp five engine.
    TUCKER: On paper