They're finally trying to explain how there were two Mels.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Guy Gardener, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-wrong-doctors-703

I always thought it was like in the 5 doctors where they all walked into the same Tardis but wound up in the Tardis they wanted to be in, or something like that, it's been a while.

I fell asleep listening last night listening to the Wrong Doctors but they seemed to tie Mel's actual origin into the trial of a time Lord and dinosaurs.... However Colin and Bonnie should know, unless I'm remembering things wrong that the whole Evelyn era happened between Melanie's tenure while she was working as a handmaiden for Davros...

Did the writers get confused or did I?

(Or it's possible if I actually listen to the whole thing this discontinuity will be resolved.)

2. Andrew_Kearley

Andrew_Kearley Captain Captain

It all makes sense at the end.

The Wrong Doctors doesn't seem to me to be in any way inconsistent with Mel's origins as laid out in the novels - it even fits in with the novelization of Trial 13-14.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I put these audios on when I get sleepy and usually pass out 5 to ten minutes later, so I got a bit further into the meat last night... The second disk has begun and I see that I misunderstood how careful the cheky writers were being when they were wantonly skirting discontinuity.

But really it is kinda vulgar how he decided to bend over for destiny forcing this inorganic origin teamup with Melanie just because life without Evelyn seemed depressing as if she's some sort of human Xanax he was saving for a rainy day, but I suppose that is a clear danger of being aware of too many details from your own future.

Hey! Xanax is a palandrome!

Sweet!

4. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definitely not one to listen to while not giving it your full concentration.

And even though it's not one of my favourite novels I was delighted that they not only didn't contradict "Business Unusual" they actually directly quote from it near the end.