"Our Show" - aka Galaxy Quest, the TV series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

This idea has been trotted out around here every so often, so it's rather shocking to see that NBC has picked it up as a pilot: "Our Show."

That's Nate Coddry, not Rob (his brother) but dang they look like twins!

That premise could really go either way, but at least it isn't another frakkin' cop show, so I'm rooting for it to be another Chuck (which it very well might be paired with - assuming that timeslot is not reserved for The Cape.)

They could also use a better, more distinctive name. Any suggestions?

The same article notes that the actress who played the king's daughter in Kings has the lead in CW's Betwitx...she was good, so maybe the show is worth checking out.

Of course I'm sure the big news there for a lot of yall will be Jeri Ryan's new show. ;) In other Trek news, young Jimmy Kirk has landed a superpowered role in No Ordinary Family. His superpowered parents will be Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz (!!!)

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a wait and see kind of thing, IMO.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

If they do this, they need to arrange guest roles for some of the higher-profile fanfilm crews out there.

4. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the premise. It has potential, but then it also has potential to be deathly dull. A series like this really has to embrace all the little weird intricacies of geek culture to really pull the idea off, but that may alienate casual and reasonable and sane viewers.

Fanon?
    Fandom?
    Starquest?
    Captain Zoom?

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

All entertainment is.

I'm looking forward to it, though - how can it be worse than skiffy shows that are meant to be taken seriously? :lol:

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Larry Charles. I'm there, at least for the pilot.