Grimm, season 2 thread.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sojourner, Aug 16, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have any of you guys watched the webisodes I posted? If you haven't and you're a Monrosalee fan you really should, they're a lot of fun.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I was actually getting a bit annoyed at Nick in this episode, in that Munroe and Rosalee seemed to have a much better grasp of the Big Picture and the larger issues at stake, while Nick seemed stuck in "cop" mode. Munroe and Rosalee kept trying to explain to him about the Code and the Council and how important they were, but Nick just wanted to catch some bank robbers and do things by the book. He didn't even seem interested in finding about more about the Council--unlike the rest of us!

Granted, he was preoccupied with the whole Juliette/Renard thing, but even still . . .

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nick had never asked why they hid before?

This is like sit at the back of the bus times a million.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly what I thought. So the rest is hallucinations?

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Could be.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Everyone wants to know what a half blutblad/half feischbrau baby would look like lol

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Wesen this week was so creepy and gross. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, no kidding! :eek:

Good episode overall; I like how Nick is becoming Daredevil more or less. :lol: It did seem odd that absolutely nobody commented on his increased hearing, though obviously at the end they're making something of it even with his sight back. I wonder if that's something that's happened before, if it's normal for Grimms to get heightened senses to compensate?

It looks like the Juliette-getting-her-memory-back plot is moving along apace, though I'm kind of surprised Rosalee is stumped by her symptoms. I really hope they wrap this whole thing up by the end of the season though so she can be in on the masquerade.

10. sojourner

Yeah, I wondered when we would see explicite examples of heightened abilities for Grimms beyond the "identify a Wesen" bit.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. Although I've always been creeped out by things involving people eyes, so this one really got to me, but in a good way. Honestly the eye stuff in this bothered me more than any of the gory stuff in Game of Thrones or Walking Dead.
    I did get a kick out of the stuff with Nick getting super hearing was fun, and we got some interesting stuff with Juliet. I also got a kick out of the conversation between Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, and Hank in the beginning.

12. Thestral

Well, aside from Slay... I mean, super-strength and reflexes? ;)

13. sojourner

^Have we really seen "super strength and reflexes"? Really good, yes, but super? Nothing so far has looked much beyond human levels.

14. Thestral

Hmm, maybe not? I dunno, a lot of the fight scenes remind me of Buffyverse fight scenes so maybe that's why I think that. Perhaps more "Captain America" strength/reflexes then?

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I think the worms were Midi-chlorians. Nick is the one who will bring balance to the Wessen.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

This new Wessen of the week was quite interesting. I liked the anagram angle, but I don't think they ever showed his true name. Rearranging the letters they provided into one word gives a very familiar name - Rumpelstiltskin. Some of the other anagrams they came up with we're hysterical.

17. propita

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw that the name used by Jenny(?) was Aeryn Sun?

I saw the Rumplestiltskin, then was disappointed in myself for not having figured that out earlier ("What's my name?" reeks of Rumplestiltskin).

18. Enterprise is Great

Anyone catch the Farscape reference? It was near the end of the episode where the Wesen went after Jenna who was actually a police decoy. As she walked into another room the camera panned onto her computer and her screen name said Aeryn Sun.

19. propita

Ahem. Directly above your post.

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't always read every post. I've been trying to, to avoid just this.

20. Enterprise is Great

Even though my post is time stamped after yours I didn't have your message before I wrote it. I opened the tab and was off in another one, wrote mine after yours without knowing it. Just one of those weird crossposting incidents.