Twizzler commercial???

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ItsGreen, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

http://ispot.tv/a/75Aw

Now what does this have to do with Star Trek?

If their intended meaning of their tag line "The Twist You Can't Resist" was meant to correlate with "Resistance Is Futile", they used the TOS Enterprise instead of TNG!

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

No offence intended ItsGreen but this post alone shows that you should be in the "How Do You Know When You're a Star Trek Nerd" thread.

If its a TOS Enterprise and they're using the nuTrek music shouldn't it be a nuTrek Enterprise? And I think they're arbitrarily putting the Twizzlers saying on top of Star Trek, unless someone comes up with any other explanation.

And yes I'm a Star Trek nerd and proud of it, sometimes.:lol:

3. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. What is up with that Twizzlers spot?
    (As long, narrow, roughly cylindrical soft candy goes, I'm more partial to Goetze's Cow Tales, myself)

4. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I like Twizzlers. Also, I like Star Trek. It's a fine ad.

--Alex

5. Jimmy_C

Jimmy_C Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't watch much TV, but I just saw this commercial while visiting my mom for Christmas. I thought it was awesome! I haven't seen much Star Trek this year, so this really made me feel happy. The homage to TMP with the warp effect was actually really cool with the TOS Enterprise. Now I wanna see a serious version of that.

6. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are they just a longer version of the Goetze's Caramel Crème?

7. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I love that ad.

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

"From the big screen, to small screens near and far" is the narration, which just seems to indicate that Twizzlers are good to eat whether watching a movie, or television, and everything in between.

Personally, I love Twizzlers. Also, Star Trek. So this commercial works for me. I hum the theme every time it airs.

9. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had an interesting experience with this commercial when it came on at a friend's house on Christmas Eve. I found I didn't even have to pay attention to it, and thus be rude to the people there, because I just instinctively knew mention of it would pop up here and give me the low-down on it.!

And sure enough...! :cool:

10. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

To quote an old college dormmate and fellow Star Trek nerd:
    "Pizza, sex, and Star Trek...Even when it's bad; it's good!"

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I thought it was odd the commercial wasn't cross-promoting anything Star Trek related.

Still cool though.

12. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ad is indeed great and all, but I'm very surprised (pleasantly so) that they recreated the TMP warp, with little Twizzlers as the rainbow bullets, a warp effect that was used in one movie 34 years ago. Whoever did designed this ad knew their stuff, and it shows.

...now I'm in the mood for some Twizzlers.

13. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And their work is done! ;)

Sincerely,

Bill

14. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I finally saw it...and you're right about the warp effect from The Motion Picture. It didn't even consciously register, but when you mentioned it, it was like, "Oh, yeah..!". It just felt so 'right', I guess.

It always shows when a merchandise designer isn't up to snuff on the material...