Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Take a drink every time they do a DCU name drop.:beer:

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Glades was dropped this week too.

3. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The discovery that Diggle the moral center is the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man was a little depressing. They can write nonsense about how Hoodie can detect so much easier and faster but Diggle's insistence that Hoodie go after the bank robbers was pretty trite. Then he rolled over on Oliver's offer of amnesty. Then he industriously endorsed Hoodie for doing nothing wrong. Why should we care about this guy's opinion? Because he's a working stiff? Hopefully all the fatuous crap posted about Diggle and Hoodie's moral arc will be gracefully forgotten.

Still, seeing Thompson and Amell in the same scene was good.

4. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Not going to lie - I liked the feel-good ending, it was an aww moment. Whoever was in charge of casting deserves an award themselves.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Royal Flush kid shot a cop.

I'm not sure I understand the kid gloves and mercy?

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the scene in the police station did the one cop say something about not wanting to hear about a red cape? I swore that was what I heard, but like I said in my previous post I was off and on the computer so I might have misheard.

7. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I thought it was not wanting to hear about red tape...

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If there's a Red anything spoiling Oliver's groove, it's gotta be the Red Hood.

Of course whether that means a prequel to the Joker or Jason Todd is anyone's guess.

But yes, "Red Tape" sounds perfectly within context.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That makes more sense in the Arrow world.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I went to Arrow World once, it's right next door to Spatula City.

11. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was red tape, it was followed by a comment about cutting through it.

12. Captain Dago

Captain Dago Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My wife and I got started and caught up on this show in the past week, thanks to the CW website and Xfinity's On Demand. We're liking it fairly well. I was never a huge fan of Green Arrow during my comics reading days although I enjoyed the odd issue or crossover, so I don't have too many preconceptions. Seems to me that this young Arrow could very easily develop into the socially conscious Oliver Queen of the '70s.

Coincidentally, we watched the Royal Flush Gang episode right before switching over to a show we're checking out on BBCA, Copper. And lo and behold... From a gun-totin' minor to a Major. :) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0772704/

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The Huntress episode has aired.

As usual, the guy has his judgment impared by a pretty girl. If a man had done what Helena did, Ollie would have taken action. There was also no chemistry between them. If there was anything there, I didn't pick up on it. Ollie has found his "Catwoman", but the actress playing her didn't impress me.

I also got the sense that if Detective Lance ever finds out about Ollie being a vigilante, it'll happen after he's come around to either liking him or siding with the crusade.

And in other news, I got issue #1 of Arrow. DC has started up a monthly title based on the show.

14. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

That's probably a collection of the Arrow digital comics, up to 8 now (including a special zero issue)

Could you confirm it by checking the previews for the issues? I wonder if it includes 1-6, 0-6 or something like that.

http://www.comixology.com/Arrow-2012/comics-series/8643

15. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny, but I liked the actress they got for Huntress. Granted, she's not as beautiful as Helena is usually drawn in the books, but she showed the kind of edge that I would expect from someone playing the character. The actors playing her father and his top henchmen I didn't particularly care for. The dad, he was okay, but I wish that the henchmen overacted just a tad too much.

As for chemistry, I don't think Amell has much chemistry with anybody, though he has gotten better with many of the characters/actors in his immediate circle.

I did like the reveal for Barrowman's character. Perhaps he will be the real dark archer, or either Tommy's going to go to the dark side to kill his dad to get his trust fund back.

How is Arrow #1? I was thinking about picking it up.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm the opposite. I think she looks great, but it looked like she couldn't act.

That's true. I love the show itself, but the lead lacks charisma.

Don't know. I haven't read it yet. It's well drawn, but the colors are subdued just like on the show.

And to Eduardo... I looked and issue #1 has the first three chapters of the digital series.

17. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I couldn't take the hitman seriously, it was frakking Helo.

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

:whistle:

19. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I thought the Huntress' father was miscast. It was hard to buy him as an Italian mob boss.

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Not a bad episode, however we are expected to believe she cant shoot straight but is a superior hand to hand combatant? Sillyness. Also glad to see that she was not a one and done character but will get two shows. Next week with the mask looks better. The couple that kills together stays together.