DWM Announces Full Cast List for Big Finish's The Light at the End

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Nth Doctor, May 2, 2013.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Either way, it'll be a bonus to the actual happenstance of having the actual remaining 20th century doctors present interacting (or so I hope that they do). I do think Christopher is right, though, and its dissapointing that they're self-imposing that double standard of theirs on the 50th anniversary - they could have easily done away with it, just for this momentous occassion.

And to note, David Troughton isn't outside the Big Finish family. Pretty sure he's done Big Finish audio dramas too - not as the Second Doctor, of course.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Dumb question, is this going to be available to buy in the US? As a digital download, maybe?

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^Amazon has the CD up for pre-order.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You can download in the US from Big Finish, I'm in California and download stuff all the time from there.

If you buy the CD and wait for it and pay for shipping, you can also download it for free immediately, so, you can listen while you wait for the actual CD to show. ($23.02 Standard/$61.42 Deluxe + Shipping, not sure how much) At least one or two US Folks on the board that posts about Audios buy the CDs

If you're like me, and prefer to burn your own CDs, and keep them in a CD wallet for less storage space (Or keep them as files on computer or a device), the Download only is cheaper than buying the CD, and no shipping fees either. ($12.99 for the Standard/ $25.00 for Deluxe)

All Big Finish Purchases stay in your account Library, so, you can download them at any time if you ever want to download again for any reason (Except the very rare occasions that don't have downloads)

Big Finish Standard
    Big Finish Deluxe

Looks like Amazon CD is $42.32 pre-order, I don't see a download yet.
    Amazon

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  5. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think hearing must be subjective, some rave about it, to me its mearly OK.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I'm usually very good at recognizing the difference between the genuine actor's voice and an impersonation, since I have a keen ear for such things, but in this case I couldn't tell the difference. Guilor's performance did sound a little exaggerated compared to Hartnell's, but in terms of vocal timbre he's an uncanny match. Certainly far better than Richard Hurndall ever was.

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hurndall's performance is an odd one; when you see him in other stuff from the 60s and 70s, he's astonishingly like Hartnell on occasion, far more than in Five Doctors (in one Crown Court story, he walks into the witness box with Hartnell's hair and Pertwee's velvet jacket, playing a self-important art expert, and it's uncanny to watch).

8. Emperor-Tiberius

And, its out!

Don't know if the whole AudioGo situation forced them to release this early, or if it was always their intention to surprise-release it earlier (though at their Facebook and twitter accounts they state that all is good on their front), but in any case, its been released.

And all hell broke loose - their servers are down at the moment, apparently due to the high demand of this 50th anniversary story. Quite remarkable.

Anyway, I must admit I'm rather excited. Can't wait to grab the Limited Edition collection myself!

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wow. I guess that was their big announcement this week. I didn't expect it would be out so early.

I'm trying to download my copy right now. :D

10. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would suspect that they'd have known about AudioGO's problems before it went public and wanted to make sure that it got released.

I'll be on a twelve-hour flight from Hong Kong to London on the 23rd of November, so I'll save it for then.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

See if you can't track down some more missing episodes while you're in Hong Kong ;)

12. Emperor-Tiberius

Listening to it right now, and I must admit, the Fourth Doctor has some of the funnier lines - including one where he sees his fifth regeneration's (the Sixth Doctor) costume and asks if he'll ever end up with "such a terrible sense of fashion". Lovely stuff!

Anyway, no more spoiling.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

My copy finally downloaded (actually had more problems with my wi-fi than I did with Big Finish's site) and I plan to listen to it as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. I can't wait! :D