Zero Hour

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by jayceee, Feb 15, 2013.

1. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

At first, this show's buzzline sounded like it could be interesting. Like a cross between davinci code and a cop show.

This is something which normally could be up my alley.

Though the first episode was kinda boring. Kinda lackluster.

I'll watch the next week's episode, and see whether it gets any better.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

Saw this last week, but I'm not certain I have the strength to sit through another episode.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Just caught the premiere tonight. Not bad. I like Anthony Edwards (Goose!) generally. The first five minutes got off to a quick start. Part Indiana Jones, part Hellboy. Thought for sure we were gonna "need more FBI guys" at that one point. The "twist" at the end was good.

Wendy and Marvin are blah and terribly stock. The preacher may be good.

I'll give it a few episodes.

4. Guy Gardener

In this universe I think that Jesus and God are real like the bible literally says.

Which puts a lot of stuff on the Table.

I was 20 before it really sunk in that the Ark of the Covenant was the ten Commandments... And it was a year after the magic fridge that I wondered was it really angel shit in the Ark or maybe fuel rods from a downed alien saucer which was melting all those Nazis?

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Uh, none of that? The Ark was just the pretty box that CARRIED the Ten Commandments. The 'angel shit' was the dusty remains thereof. Power of God melted the Nazis.

6. Guy Gardener

When they made Raiders that was true.

The existence of stewarding aliens in the fourth movie retroactively changed the facts from Raiders.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dunno about the fridge, but somebody nuked the ratings.

I'll probably get a bit DVR boost but it's most likely sunk anyway.

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

It was...okay.

That's all I can muster. Is it odd that I wish the clocks were older than 1938 and that the mythology didn't involve Christianity at all?

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course the ratings stank...it was Valentine's Day! A lot of people were out for dinner.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This time slot sucks. The only successful show in this slot for ABC in recent years was Ugly Betty. That ended 3 years ago.

11. Guy Gardener

Were we watching the same show?

That was probably the True Cross hiding under the church, and everything else in the script was about the Christian apocalypse. Hitler wanted the powers of the Antichrist and then to change the narrative so that the end of days lasts a thousand years not just 7 like Revelations says.

The Pope had given the new apostles superpowers!

In the real world if the Pope, not that we have one right now, if the Pope selected 12 new Apostles they wouldn't magically get suer powers and in truth they'd still have trouble placing in a cosplay competition at comicon.

Last week on Supernatural, some Rabi got together in the early 1940s and made a Golem who tore down a Nazi Concentration Camp effortlessly... Why just one Golem? 6 million souls could have been saved if a thousand Golems marched on Berlin in 1940 and sacked the shit out of that city.

Did the NAZI's have supernatural antigoelm defences?

I know this seems drastic but if every Rabi could magically create a never ending supply of indestructible Golem Super Solders, in the fictional universe of Supernatural, the NAZIs didn't overreact to the Jewish Question and were right to be afraid if it was impossible for them to make friends with these people,that there was a Secret War going on that the Third Reich was th only thing standing inbetween ordinary people and the Golem horde.

After Germany was turned into a smoking pile of rubble, what would the Jews have done next, go back to their lives before the war or march on Russia and then America? I've played enough Risk with assholes drunk on power who believe all they can roll is double sixes, that' this is not a Jewish problem, it's a human being problem.

Point being is that in the Supernatural Universe, and the Zero Hour Universe, and the Indiana Jones Universe, where God is not a made up fairy story, God allowed the NAZIs and God allowed World War II because she saw value to it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show looked bad, the previews annoyed me, it was a horrible timeslot for a bad show.

Not shocking the ratings sucked.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I didn't think it was all that bad, really. The bit at the end caught me by surprise, and I'm hooked enough to want to see next week's ep.

Of course, if the ratings were that bad, then I guess it'll probably be cancelled in three more weeks.

:lol:

14. Guy Gardener

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn, that was quick. I've got episode 3 on my DVR but I think that I'll just delete it unwatched. I doubt that ABC will ever air the remaining 10 episodes so no use in watching it.

16. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Oh, is this thread about some TV show I've never heard of? I thought it was about the 1957 movie that Airplane! was based on.

17. Guy Gardener

The final episodes of Dirty Sexy Money aired on Australian TV and arrived on the net hours later. The final 7 episodes of I hate my teenage Daughter aired on New Zealand TV and fell onto the internet almost immediately... And When the US stopped airing Caprica, the Canadian Simulcast said "Fuck you! Why the hell should we stop just because you're a bunch of pussies?"

That being said, I want someone to burn the master tapes for Zero Hour.

It's not very good at all.

Oh!

Maime Gummer.

I do like her.

She showed up this week as a new supporting character just weeks after the cancellation of Emily Owens, and fate slapped her like a punk flat across her other cheek..

This actress could begin to get a reputation for herself.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  18. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the premiere, and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I ended up fast forwarding through most of the middle of the episode. The pacing of what I did watch was just very strange, things were moving too fast. Normally I wouldn't mind this, except that it just made for some strange moments here. For example, the female FBI agent's first discussion with the main guy when meeting him...within seconds they were speaking to each other like they had all this deep backstory and had been in conflict for years. I was thinking "uhh didn't they just meet?!"

19. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

I thought the show's editing resembled a series of short "webisodes" sewed together in an erratic manner.

20. Guy Gardener

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoIM1dRzGo[/yt]