Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

By that point she already knows his identity

[​IMG]

I haven't seen this posted

[​IMG]

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yes. I know.

What I mean is that when she says, "You're a wanted man, Peter Parker." She's talking about Spider-Man being wanted, not Peter but is using Peter's real name to be sexy... or something.

3. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

I'd like to go to this movie with some other twit and wonder aloud about why it's not consistent with the Raimi movies.

"Where's the original actor...the goofy looking kid..."

"Yeah, the one who played Frodo."

"I HOPE VENOM COMES BACK FOR THIS ONE."

"WHY IS VENOM GREEN?"

"Yo, I think that's the green goblin?"

"I thought he died, then like his son died."

"Where's Mary Jane?"

"You can't smoke that shit here!"

"No, I mean the red haired chick...Parker's squeeze."

"Why's that cop called Captain Stacy...Stacy is a girl's name."

"I dunno, but that's Dennis Leary, he was baaad dude in Judgement Night!"

"I'm bored, when's Spider-Man gonna kill somebody."

"Spider-Man doesn't kill."

"Weeeak...I knew we should've seen Dark Knight Rising."

4. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Dude, I totally want to see this movie with you! :D

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I doubt that even at his most smart-alecky Parker would be flippant about his identity being discovered under those circumstances - it then involves people close to him, after all. So it's certainly Spidey that they're looking for.

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This film should benefit from GI Joe 2 moving.
    An action film vacancy increases likelihood the spillover will now go to ASM

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see how that would make much of a difference. It still has two weekends to grasp before "The Dark Knight Rises" comes out. I predict it will at least be in the top three during July. Positive word of mouth will boost it...people are concerned but this will still make money. It's just a question of how much and for how long. It is interesting that Sony slotted it at the start of July instead of May (I guess it didn't want to go head to head with Avengers). I still think this will surprise and impress people. It will have it's share of critics, don't get me wrong, but I still think it will do well.

9. Trekker4747

Unless, Spider-man gets asked to help GI-Joe move.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My mom, who was a member of the "not another Spider-Man movie" crowd, has started to express some interest in that. So I think that could be taken as a sign that the marketing for this is actually working, and might be raising interest in people who original rolled their eyes at it.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

This most recent trailer, or at least one I hadn't seen before playing before Hunger Games, went a long way to get me interested in the movie.

12. Admiral_Young

I was really impressed with the last trailer and a couple of the tv spots. I've managed to convince my best friend to accompany me see it :) He doesn't read comics but has gotten into the superhero films due to me. Even he was questioning about the decision to reboot but he's excited because Emma Stone is in the flim lol.

Also, it would indeed appear that there won't be a novelization for this movie. There's still time for an announcement of some kind of course but I doubt one. I've seen a couple of junior books listed on Amazon. This kind of sucks. I also saw that Peter David wrote the adaptation for "Battleship". I was hoping he'd write Amazing, since he's done the novels for the previous three films.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's really getting on my nerves, because alot the movies I'd love to read novelizations of, like Avengers, this, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Prometheus aren't getting any.

14. Admiral_Young

^ Exactly. Yet "Battleship" got a novelization. I still can't get over that lol.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I couldn't believe that of all the movies coming out got one. I haven't seen, but it doesn't seem like it was anything that complex with alot of interesting background to expand on in the novel. Prometheus and Snow White on the other hand, both look like they've got some pretty interesting worlds that could be expanded on in a novel. A Prometheus novel would be a great opportunity to throw in some more ties into the Alien universe.

16. Trekker4747

I'd love to see a comic book-ization of "The Avengers", personally.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Last I heard there was a tie in comic series coming out or its released already

18. Trekker4747

There was a tie-in series called "The Avengers Prelude" which involved a 4-issue series centered around Nick Fury ("Nick Fury's Big Week) and a three-issue series centered around Black Widow (two of which were released in May, the third issue to be released in June.) There was also a comic book version of "Iron Man" a comic book "prequel" to Captain America and a few other "in-between" set-up stories released over the last couple years.

But I'd be interested to see a comic book version of the movie itself.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has Marvel done comic book adaptations of any of their movies? It seems like a no brainer to me, but I honestly can't remember if I've seen any. Or for DC movies for that matter.

20. Admiral_Young

Not for a long while. They are doing one for Amazing Spider-Man I believe.