Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally something I haven't already bought.

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Hoping tomorrow the freebie is either an Excelsior or Nebula.

3. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It'll probably be something that doesn't sell well; so either the Nebula-class or the Vulcan D'Kyr for Feds, no idea for the KDF, but I'd imagine the door is wide open based off comments about stuff not selling well red side in general.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Most of my toons have full ship loadouts, but these are account-wide, right?

Despite being just a C-store unlock, you can't unlock it without claiming it and having room to do so on the toon you're doing it for.

Just want to make sure I can take one of my toons, claim the ship, and then dump it again to make room for the next one, and it'll still be good as the account unlock if I ever actually want it later...

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Its just like buying any C-Store ship, except it costs 0 zen. So once you've unlocked the ship once on a single character, its permanently unlocked for all characters and you can get the ship an infinite number of times.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Excellent, just wanted to confirm so I don't have to go claim it 7-8 times :)

Annoying that you have to have an available slot in order to unlock, though. If I don't go to the shipyard and attempt to claim it, why does it matter if i have an empty spot for it? Just unlock the ability to purchase. Which is how it works for every character except the one you try to claim it on anyway, so why treat it differently?

7. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Yep..Nebula class... good call...KDF gets the marauder sci carrier...cool!

8. Tribble puncher

Dang...my level 23 kdf char. can't claim ship...level not high enough I guess?

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You've got until Monday to get your KDF to 50. Start DOffing and just run through those episodes.

10. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You only need to reach level 40 to get the Orion ship. I tried claiming it on my level 40 Klingon character and it worked.

11. Tribble puncher

Haha! not in the cards for me, 5 more 12 hour days of my 7 day work week and then I will have some free time...oh well, can't win them all...my KDF guy is a tac guy anyway...he likes his BOP. I got the nebula for my soon to be level 50 sci FED...using my 55 ENG FED

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually level 40 is enough to claim the ship.

13. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I've never made a Science career character, but think I may just do that on the Fed side so I can make decent use of the Nebula. None of my other characters are specced anything close to appropriately to make the Neb effective. But I think I may just give this a go.

14. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

I would make and eng captain, not a sci captain for it, at least for the fleet Neb. Your weapons power levels will really be hurting even on max attack, and the eng powers can help. Unless they unnerf sci powers, being a sci-sci isn't the best idea, even in PvE.

Speaking of PvE, what powers can get rid of the stupid borg shield draining thing?

15. Timelord Victorious

Hazard Emitters will do the trick.
    Also having a high skill in drain resists will at least slow down the effect.

16. Timelord Victorious

Unbelievable!!!!

For the first time since ever I have managed to find all 3 Breen Capital ships in the Defera sectors and achieved the Accolade Breen Capital Punishment!!!!

17. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    A rare feat indeed!

18. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

To be honest power isn't a big deal breaker these days. So many items boost your ship's power that all my ships, regardless of tac, sci or eng, can reach 125/75/75/100 power. Just slot the Borg Console, Romulan console, Plasmonic Leech and a good warp core. Typically, my base power settings are 100/15/15/70 and these consoles will slowly boost them up to 125/75/75/100 when you start attacking. Oh and if you're using beam arrays, add the Nukara Console. And if you can get yourself an elite fleet warp core with the [AMP] effect, having all 4 subsystem power above 75 grants you an additional 14.8% increase in damage.

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Are anomalies in Fluidic Space supposed to drop dilithium ore?

20. Timelord Victorious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.