The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree 100% about that. And Sophia's mother didn't even seem concerned about her in last night's episode - or minimally disengaged.

Great actor. I loved him in JFK.

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I believe the old man thinks it is a disease and like any other disease that it can be cured.

I bet his wife is roaming around in that barn.

Refresh my memory - does the series insinuate that the people actually die or does the high fever "kill off" the personality centers of brain leaving a being functioning on an animalistic level? I just assumed the necrosis was part of the disease and that they are not really dead Jim!

3. DarthTom

Last years season finale when they were at the CDC established the fact that they actually die and then are reanimated. Dr. Jenner displays a person's brain and how the transformation happens.

I'm wondering though who would patent zero or one be for this to happen?

4. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I would like the explanation better if they did not actually die. I like the idea of death being mimicked and necrosis being a symptom. I probably just made up an explanation that I liked better and ran with it.

Now that I think about it. I do remember Jenner showing his wife's brain scans and then showing the reanimation after death.

5. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

I agree that the story will go in that direction, Heshel thinks they are still curable, thats why he keeping them, but I find that really hard to swallow.
    The man is a veterinarian , even if all he has ever done is work on farm animals, he has to understand the basics of mammalian physiology. A mammal cannot survive more then a few days without consumming water. He has to know the Zombies aren't drinking water, so he should to know there is no hope.

And then there was his speech about comparing it to AIDS, he had a good point, afterall, remember when the government totally collapsed for serveral months due to AIDS and all near by major cities fell to the infected ; then , just like Heshel said, we found a cure and everything went back to normal?

Oh wait, that's not what happend... it's almost like a sane person would have a hard time drawing a paralell between AIDS and the Zombie Virus.

Cheers,
    Kytee

6. DarthTom

Here's another question. Why doesn't the zombie virus also affect the animals?

Another observation about the episode - they establish the fact that Atlanta was fire bombed as people were trying to escape. Why wouldn't the government take more drastic actions to end the spread of the virus? e.g. nuclear weapons.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess those beat my idea that he uses zombies to pull his plow.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People grieving or suffering from a form of PTSD can delude themselves into believing all sorts of things, no matter how intelligent, educated and/or insightful they might be about other aspects of life.

9. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

It's not supposed to make sense. Hershel is in a state of deep denial.

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The bombing of Atlanta scene? that implies that some area was not so infected that they could organize this. Was Atlanta ground zero for the infection? Something at the CDC itself? If it was still contained and they really had wanted to destroy it in its early stages, “nuke it from space; it’s the only way to be sure."

11. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

You'd probably appreciate Rural Dead by Bret Hammond. It's in the style of a World War Z-type interview.

12. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Atlanta was a refugee center. It turns out shoving tens of thousands of displaced people together like sardines in a can may not have been such a great plan.

Also nukes are only really good at killing living people. Outside the relatively small area of incineration you'd have the awesome new threat of radioactive zombies.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Why does the bird flu mostly only infect birds?

14. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Presactly. Though I would guess that chimps or certain other primates might be affected if one were to check out a lab or zoo due to the amount of DNA we share with them.

15. DarthTom

Good point. It seems as though the authorities are powerless to stop the spread of the infection.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ugh. Did Darryl actually snack on a zombie? :rommie: That's so awesome (you want redneck roadkill, this is redneck roadkill!) that I'll overlook the illogic that you can eat zombie flesh and not get infected.

Andrea's got talent, that's for sure. Not her fault that Darryl decided to snack on a zombie. How did he explain all the blood around his mouth or maybe everyone figured, "I'd rather not know..." :rommie:

17. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Temis, you and I must have seen a different episode, because I thought that was a squirrel, or some other critter, that he'd bagged after skewering it with an arrow. Or was that a different part that I missed?

18. Temis the Vorta

Oh okay, I do remember the squirrel, maybe that was just wishful thinking because it would have been grossly fun. Didn't Darryl say, "that guy had the right idea"? I thought he meant the right idea was cannibalism, and he turned the tables on the zombie. :guffaw:

Definitely been a problem, but at least Andrea is showing some signs of becoming a more interesting character.

19. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Daryl did go hard core with the ears, though. Maybe that was because of his delirium.

20. Temis the Vorta

It was the ears that made me wonder what he'd been eating. :rommie: