Bit roles before they were "famous"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Neeson also had a small role in The Bounty starring Mel Gibson and Anthony Hopkins.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Should these be embarrassing roles that the actors don't want to talk about? Because I don't think Meg Ryan and Tim Robbins mind their bit roles in Top Gun. It would be more along the lines of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, which Rene Zellweger won't talk about but Matthew McConaughey says was a lot of fun.

Speaking of Chainsaw, Viggo Mortensen was in Texas Chainsaw Massacre III. And Young Guns II.

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

He didn't play Bud. It was an actor named Deon Richmond that played Kenny (Bud). http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0725091/

4. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually that last one was a running joke from the show Psych.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Laurence Fishburne was in Apocalypse Now. He was only 14 at the time. :wtf:

Jennifer Aniston was on an episode of Quantum Leap (the one where Sam leaps in as the legless Vietnam vet) as a nurse.

6. Terengo

Terengo Commander Red Shirt

Teri Hatcher on Seinfeld: "Yes, they're real; and they're spectacular!"

7. Aragorn

Laurence Fishburne and Patricia Arquette in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3. Kevin Bacon in the first Friday the 13th. Tony Goldwyn in Friday the 13th Part VI. Steven Culp in Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday.

8. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I remember that. Al only comes in at the very end to steal their TV or something.

One that I'm surprised I neglected to mention was Elijah Wood as one of the kids in the Cafe '80s in Back to the Future, Part II.

There's a British film called Jude starring Christopher Eccleston of (among other things) Doctor Who fame. That's not remarkable. What is is a scene he has with his future Doctor Who successor, David Tennant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtE-5sKN20

A couple years or so before he was cast on Stargate Atlantis, Joe Flannigan had a bit role on an episode of Tru Calling as the ex-husband of Harrison's new girlfriend.

While I suppose he's still not famous, one actor who really made an impression on me was the big, black prisoner on the ferry in The Dark Knight. Imagine my surprise when I saw him in prison AGAIN in Austin Powers in Goldmember.

And while it's not an actor, I've gotten pretty good at spotting other appearances of the building facade that was used for the establishing shots of Angel Investigations during the 1st season of Angel. It serves as the exterior of the police station in Addams Family Values and Gina Gershon drives past it in Bound.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Connor Trinneer:

[​IMG]
    1998: Touched by an Angel: Small role as a murderer on death row.

[​IMG]
    1998: An EMT in the opening teaser of an episode of ER.

[​IMG]
    Spring 2001: Small role as a sports writer in 61*. He had auditioned for the role of Mickey Mantle and then lobbied Billy Crystal for any role just to be in the movie -- he loves baseball.

10. Aragorn

The show is "Without a Trace." You may recognize both people in the picture:

[​IMG]

11. WHF

WHF Captain Captain

She was also in an episode of Dark Angel.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ben Browder guest starred in an episode of Murder, She Wrote, and in several episodes of Party of Five.

13. The Borgified Corpse

After looking at Connor Trinneer's pre-Enterprise history, I'm reminded of the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where Dominic Keating plays a hapless employee of the Watcher's Council that gets turned into a vampire in "Helpless."

I recognize a blurry Masi Oka in the background but who is the woman?

14. The Borgified Corpse

The dream scientist in A Nightmare on Elm Street was played by Charlie Fleischer, who would become far more notable years later as the voice of Roger Rabbit.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

He was also in BTTF II. He was the kid at the dance who said "Did you just take his wallet?...I think he took that guy's wallet." (after Marty knocks out Biff)

16. Delta Belle

Delta Belle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kim Cattrall in the TV series Vega$, as a Middle Eastern princess whom Dan Tanna is assigned to protect while she's visiting Sin City.

Loni Anderson in The Incredible Hulk. David Banner believes that the Hulk killed a woman, a top model. Anderson played another model who turned out to be the victim's rival, and the real killer.

Donna Douglas (The Beverly Hillbillies) in The Twilight Zone classic episode "Eye of the Beholder."

17. Mr. Laser Beam

TZ had a lot of those:

Robert Redford, "Nothing in the Dark"
    Dennis Hopper, "He's Alive"
    William Shatner, "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet"
    George Takei...dammit, can't remember the title, he plays a gardener who gets into a fight with his boss about WW II

18. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    And now back to Logan's Run staring Farrah Fawcett..

19. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits are both full of stuff like this.

William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan, Grace Lee Whitney all appeared in The Outer Limits. There's just too many to even begin to list.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The ridiculously sexy Christina Hendricks, better known to us Sci-Fi fans as Saffron from Firefly.

And having looked at her Wikipedia page, I now know that she has the same birthday as me! It's meant to be, I tell you! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.