What ship would you choose?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by AdmiralSteven, May 12, 2009.

1. ATW

ATW Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

To be honest, if I am not mistaken, if you are talking about the D'deridex classWarbird then isn't it's manoeuvrability one of it's biggest weaknesses or am I thinking of another ship?

For me, it has to be the Mogai Class Warbird. To me, they are just the sexiest ships in the Universe. :drool:

2. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love all the Romulan Warbirds. I just love them. You could be right about the maneuverability - I don't remember that and Memory Alpha doesn't mention it, but as I mentioned...I'm not so good at the tech-talk. When it comes to choosing ships, I'm shallow. ;)

3. kitsune

kitsune Captain

Including the muted color palette?

4. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

23rd Century:
    Original Constitution Class hands down with the refit a close second.

24th Century:
    The Galaxy Class, she is one fine lady.

5. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

USS Valley Forge. Salvaged, done up, and renamed USS Bones (like with Yorktown to E-A).

6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Guess! :shifty:

7. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ :lol:

No. You can't make me.

8. taskmaster42a

taskmaster42a Lieutenant Red Shirt

It seems to me too many answering this question are limiting themselves to Federation ships only

From all the shows and all the movies for me it comes down to a choice between the Voth city-ship or the First Federation ship "The Fesarius"

But the most impressive ever shown is still the Dyson sphere from "Relics"
    which is a world but also a ship.

9. LLAP

LLAP Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The USS Bellephoron! (Intrepid Class). A ship with no real reputation (I'd give it one). Intrepid class ships are small enough to get to know your crew and bond well as a unit but large enough to kick ass and be comfortable at the same time (no Defiant crampness - can't stand that :D). Second choice would be the Ent-D because it is massive and, again, I'd like to be able to chillax a bit and the ship is certainly large enough for that :) Plus you get to feel important being in command of the largest ship in the fleet.

10. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Now that would be an impressive ship to have.

11. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The best thing about that was the bridge set from V. It's the best one I've seen before or since. And I was disapointed when they didn't reuse it for VI.

Now for starship I'd go with the Enterprise-D. Combine that with the A's bridge from V, and you have the best ship out there.

12. Anticitizen

Anticitizen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm thinking the Excelsior. It's got the refit-era aesthetics that I love, only bigger and badder. TOS uniforms would be mandatory however :)

13. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll take the crazy whale-humping probe from The Voyage Home...

kidding.

I used to be obsessed with the Nebula-class ships from TNG. I used to kitbash them from Galaxy class kits and Miranda-class kits... occasionally with some DS9 Runabout mixed in. Ah, those were the days.

I really do enjoy the XI Enterprise... both in size and scale. Beautiful ship. Makes a great desktop background.

Also, I like the Ambassador class too, very good design... I've never been a big fan of anything Klingon, Romulan or really anything else... The original Ferengi ships were cool (before they became the circus clowns of the galaxy).

14. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Don't forget that TRANSWARP drive... when it works ;-)

15. satchelmouth

satchelmouth Ensign Red Shirt

I really like the design of the Intrepid class, or the Valdore warbird (despite my general dislike of both Voyager and Nemesis).

16. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I'd have to go with the Enterprise E or D. Probably the E

If it was the D it would have to be the version from Star Trek Generations. I liked the stations down the sides of the bridge. The original version of D's bridge just didn't seem like it had enough computer stations. The other ships all had computers everywhere lol. I liked the lighting better too.

And of course whichever ship I had would be equipped with a Delta Flyer...

And I'd have to throw some non-canon in there and both the Delta Flyer and my ship would be retro-fitted with the quantum slipstream drive the USS Aventine has.

I'd start at Earth in the Alpha Quadrant... and use my slipstream drive to go back and forth to other quadrants. :bolian:

That would be my dream ship. :drool:

17. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Galaxy-Class. Nice, big internal crew spaces - botanical gardens, promenade - could go for a dip in the cetecean sections - holodecks. Big, powerful, more than enough supplies. And comfy.

18. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

it depends on the number of crewmembers....

if I was a Captain of a large starship with a full crew....then probably a Sovereign Class Federation starship. You can go anywhere at anytime and won't catch grief from anyone with a brain cell. Explore new worlds...dominate in combat....the Sov. Class can do it all.

If I could pick my 10 best friends and explore the galaxy, I'd take the Defiant. We can cloak, we can fight, we can get in and out of systems as quick as any other ship out there. The Defiant is essentially a Starfleet version of a BoP on steroids.

19. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

I'd go for one of the valdore class romulan ships from nemisis myself or maybe the lakota

20. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok, as I've had time to think about this thread a bit more, and I'm liking the USS Voyager more and more...so, I'm going to change my choice and go with the USS Voyager.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009