What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I just Googled the directions from my brother's place. It's pretty close to him!:D

2. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmmm

A shirt with one of my favourite mathematical conundrums on it

[​IMG]

And my 'fat pants' pair of jeans.

I do need to update my wardrobe one day. It's hard to commit to fine clothing though when you're not sure whether your mass is going to increase, decrease or stay the same.

Has anyone else ever had to deal with this problem? I don't want to spend $500 and then discover that my body's changed shape in six months.

3. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

They are. Though I care more about the suit being well-tailored and on a fit body than I do about the vest.

4. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

I'm just going to agree with all of this.

5. mari

mari Captain Captain

I've been anywhere from 140 to 220 (up and down and up and down again over the past 15 years) and now I'm pregnant and have to get yet another entire wardrobe for that. Two actually, one for work and one for weekends. Don't even ask me what I've spent in bras over the years. But I feel better when my clothes fit properly and complement whatever shape I am at the moment, so it's worth it to me. Shop sales, or thrift or consignment stores. There's always a way to stretch your dollars. (I also trade clothes with my sister, who always seems to be at the opposite point from me in her weight swings, but I'm lucky in that.)

OT, today I am wearing NOT a pregnancy top, but an empire-style top that might as well be a pregnancy top... purple and red tie-dye-ish pattern, 3/4 sleeves and I think the collar situation counts as a boat neck. Dark grey pants, black socks and the same clogs as ever.

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I just want to re-state my love for empire-style tunics and shirts.

Today, one of my favourite outfits: All Blue (no, I don't have names for all of my outfits... well, not all of them :alienblush:).

Dark blue jeans, dark blue jacket, electric blue shirt, dark blue tie, blue sneakers. If only I still had my hair dyed in blue, it would be quite an ensemble. :D

Exceptionally crappy pic today.

[​IMG]

7. Tora Ziyal

^ All Blue is excellent. One of my favorite color combinations.

I haven't felt great today, so I never bothered changing out of my bathrobe and socks. And then, since my legs were cold, I added a pair of leggings.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^You once had blue hair? PICTURES!!!!!

9. Tora Ziyal

^ Yes, yes, I know you meant Iguana. You've already seen a picture of my blue hair! :lol:

10. iguana_tonante

Thanks! I love wearing variations of the same colour together. Beside All Blue (actually, there are a couple of All Blues, and I can switch items among them), I have a few All Dark Greys, and since this summer an All Off-White for warmer weather.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have one. It was many years ago when I was in university, before the ubiquitousness of digital cameras. It was a very dark blue: you could only see a hint of the hue. But it contrasted nicely with the blond-reddish highlights in my beard (now lost to grey, sad to say).

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Navy-blue pajamas.

12. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice!

During my teens I dyed my hair in all kind of colors including red, purple and blue. I really really really wanted a white stroke like the Rogue from the X-men movie, but my parents wouldn't let me. Now, I'm going grey at age 25 exactly where Rogue has her stroke of white hair. That's what I get I guess, should have been more careful for what I wished for! I've made my peace with it though. ;)

and back on topic:
    Today I'm wearing my indoor cloths: dark grey sweats, a random shirt and my Tiger sweater.

13. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Today, I have been mostly wearing an olive green short sleeved shirt, dark blue chinos, dark green socks, and my favourite black boots. Also, the usual bag, and to top it all off, my black hoodie. Because I can. :angryrazz:

EDIT: And yes, nobody noticed that I still had the price tag on my hoodie. Worn like a BOSS. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  14. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Purple sweats, athletic socks and purple sneakers.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since I have the day off: my trusty Yankees hoodie.

16. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I had green streaks in my hair as a teenager, and up until a few weeks ago my hair looked like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I got bored with it and dyed it back to normal. I'll probably go through another coloring phase eventually, though!

Today I am enjoying the autumnal weather; fall really is the best season for fashion, so many jackets, hats, scarves, and boots to choose from!

[​IMG]

The cat dress I bought at a street fair and it's one of my favorites. Here's a close up of the print:

[​IMG]

The rest is the green jacket I've shown before, tan suede boots my mother bought me a few years ago that are for some reason much louder than they look like they'd be, my old burgundy beret and Gryffindor scarf, just 'cause. :)

17. iguana_tonante

I always wanted to try red highlights, but never got around to do it.

My hair started going grey at 19, first at the temples and then on the top of my forehead. For a while I kinda looked like the love child of Rogue and Mr Fantastic. :lol: Unfortunately, nowadays the grey is taking over, but I'm still optimistic. There is always Professor X to look forward to. :D

18. Tora Ziyal

Thefashionablecorpse, I love the Gryffindor scarf!

19. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just love that dress, that print is just so unbelievably cute! It goes nicely with the vest (it's a vest right?) too!

I like that color in your hair TSC, you almost look like a character from an anime show with it because you have like huge eyes! :D

and red highlights, you should totally go for that Iguana! In the right shade that would go real nice with your hair color. it's also an option btw to dye your hair with blond highlights and use a color red you could wash out yourself. That's what I did with blue and purple. ;)

Today I'm wearing my usual indoors cloths: grey sweatpants, longsleeve shirt and my tiger sweater. I started work at 7 this morning so I was too tired to put anything else on although it's still pretty early. Oh well, tomorrow maybe!

It's getting kinda annoying now though, due to us renovating the house we currently have nowhere to put our cloths. It's been like this for like months now and I'm sick of it. I just can't find half of my cloths and I don't take much time anymore to dress. I tend to just throw on a random shirt and jeans. Such a shame, I have so many nice cloths! :(

20. comsol

comsol That Guy Premium Member

Since I've been out sick for the past couple of days with a bad cold, I've been sitting around the house in various track suits. Man, I can't wait to get over this.