Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Sort of makes you wonder if a return of Doomsday isn't too far behind, or if that would be part of the 'Crisis'. The big question would be if Miller would do a return bout between Supes and Doomsday in the same way as the original DC storyline.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see Doomsday returning. I think putting him "in the hole in the ground" where Clark put him was a homage to the comics. If anything I could see Miller doing a "Death of Superman" arc...but that would be a LONG way off since this is still Superman Year One.

The Anti-Monitor will be bad enough to deal with. It took heroes from several different realities to stop him after all :)

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

So do you think Miller's 'Crisis' is going to boldly embrace the MWI theory, or will this just be our world and Earth-2?

And is Chloe-2 from the same alternate universe that Lionel-2 came from, or is this in fact, a third parallel universe?

4. Admiral_Young

Most likely a third alternate reality. Slowly introducing the 52 Earth's. This is also why we're getting the J'onn/Bruce spin off series. We're seeing Clark and Bart work together, J'onn and Bruce have a close friendship in the comics. We're slowly building to the formation of the "Smallville" Justice League proper. The building of the Watchtower on the moon was a huge hint IMO. We think what we've read so far is awesome? I think all of this is just the tip of the ice berg to be honest.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I hope you're right, since we've had so many let-downs in the past with the show. Do you know just how long this book will run? (Forever, hopefully!)

:bolian:

6. Admiral_Young

No idea. No way to track the numbers either since it's digital. But the fact we're getting printed issues and a trade starting in April are all good signs to me that this is "selling" well.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Digital works for me. No need to create space to store them, and I can take them anywhere. Definitely will be nice when we go away in October.

:)

I'm glad though, that it seems that SV is doing well, considering the various 'regular' Superman titles. Definitely a lot of fun seeing this particular version continue.

8. Admiral_Young

Finally read Effigy Part 2 (part three comes out March 1), and we have a new Haunted tomorrow (Friday). White Martians!!!! Jim Gordon!!!!! Miller keeps pulling out all the stops and giving us these easter eggs...but they are merely pieces of the overall puzzle that he's building. Also I loved the Burton like Batmobile shields on the Batmobile! The call to Watchtower was awesome as well. This is just awesome writing and story telling.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I was surprised when Batman referred to Gordon as 'Jim' and not 'Commissioner'. Guess they're good friends in the SV universe, eh?

10. Admiral_Young

Remember that it was implied by Chloe that Bruce has been working as Batman a lot longer than Clark has been even active as a superhero. The flashbacks we've seen of Bruce in the main arc would support that as well so I'm not surprised at all.

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah, what's up with that? Kinda threw me a curve.

12. Admiral_Young

Read Grant Morrison's first JLA arc.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Um, can't say that I have that handy. Care to drop me a clue?

:p

14. Admiral_Young

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Thanks!

:bolian:

16. Admiral_Young

17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Booster Gold and The Legion are coming!

link

Edited because: Scooped!

18. Admiral_Young

Issue 33 was outstanding. This one focused on Bart...and we're introduced to the Smallville version of Jay Garrick. More of Earth 2 Chloe's memories are seeping in...and it's not good at all. More hints I believe that Miller is attempting to or will form the Justice League at some point as well, as Clark talks with Jay about forming a Justice Society for the current generation of heroes. Miller harkens back to when we first met "Bart". I believe all the clues are pretty much pointing to a "Smallville" version of the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Oh and the art has reached awesome levels now. The likenesses are finally there and Tom Superman I can finally buy being Superman. I swear...I don't fully have the proper words to describe how much I love this book.

19. Admiral_Young

34 was awesome. I really don't have anything negative to say about this book at all. It's too bad if this was actually on television it would be half as good as the book is under Miller. I completely missed that Earth-2 was Ultraman! Miller even made that better than the show. The Earth-2 memories from Chloe are interesting, her counterpart and Oliver cheating on Lois. We also get the Electric Blue Superman suit for Bart...all of the signs continue to point towards Crisis on Infinite Earths.

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Is #35 on schedule for Friday? I haven't caught up for a few weeks, so this weeks seems as good a time as any.