Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ALF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Theory of what will happen in tonight's episode: Deb will kill Hannah which will leave her relationship with Dexter in a tense place in the season finale. Deb killing Hannah makes sense to me as the climax of her moral corruption that began when she helped Dexter cover up his murder of Travis Marshall.

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmmm... I like that one, Joe Washington. Dex kills LaGuerta while Deb kills Hannah. That would be an eventful finale.

Well; I'll know in the next half hour if I can stay awake through this week's Dexter.
    Is it just me, or in this season are they bringing the 'hunger' angle back to Dexter? Longtime fans of the show will recall his near obsession with food at the start of the series, which tapered out.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't believe that Dexter fell for LaGuerta's scheme. He finds out that she's onto him and the guy who ordered his mother's murder just happens to get released at the same time...DUH! C'mon Dexter! Think, man!

It looks like Dexter's arrested for being the Bay Harbor Butcher. How is he going to get out of this? Or will next season be The Trial of Dexter Morgan?

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you see Matthews?

Tom was so helping Dexter!

My theory is this, that as captain, Mathews made sure that Dexter was always the smartest man in the room.

Quinn, Angel and Masuka?

Pishaw!

Tom made it so easy for Dexter over the years that he doesn't know how to compete on a level playing field.

LaGuerta isn't supposed to be his sort of threat because Dexter put her through a crucible and her psyche profile has changed from when Matthews tagged her as mostly harmless.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

This season started out pretty good but reverted back to the season 5-6 stupidity.

Anyone think Deb crashed her own car and then deliberately drugged herself?

6. Guy Gardener

I thought that that was pretty obvious.

Did we see if she had rented a copy of Watchmen the night before?

7. ALF

I need to see that scene again - does she drop pills into her own water bottle? I wasn't paying close attention. I stayed awake this time, though!
    Agreed with Aragon that the season did descend into stupidity. There was a nearly-Heroes level of writing incompetence with introducing characters, stringing them along and then killing them off for no particular reason.
    -The nanny's boyfriend (game designer)
    -The Euro-mafioso dude (from Rome)
    It's no Jimmy Smitts season (awful season 3) but it's still lagged quite a bit. Anyway, all this Matthews-LaGuetra-BayHarbourButcher-Doakes stuff is legend, so more of that please!

8. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I had a theory at one point that Dexter was a murder savant- great at murder, stupid at everything else. These latest plot developments seem to fit that theory. How does he not even consider that Deb may have poisoned herself? /facepalm

9. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Though I have enjoyed the return of LaGuerta's pursuit of Doakes's innocence and the consequences of that, for the most part I have come to dislike this season. It's not nearly as bad as last season. This season started out with such promise, especially with us knowing that this will be the second-to-last season of the show. Then much of that promise was wasted over the course of the season. I wished it was as intense and deliciously plot-twisted as the second season of Homeland. But instead most of the season has shown the worst of Dexter such as subplots going nowhere or ending with a whimper rather than with a bang, and the need to turn Dexter into a show about an emotionless killer becoming a real boy. I have noticed this has become an annoying aspect of the last five seasons, and I've been waiting for the show to shed itself of it once and for all to go back to the greatness it used to have.

10. ALF

Maybe this and next year's final season were planned out as one... so whatever next week brings us will be the 'beginning of the end.'

I would prefer to not have a whole season in 'trial' mode, court cases on TV are super boring. Even if it is Dexter.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

A murder savant... haha, Oh Em Gee, hopefully this term will never make it. Everybody has a talent, I guess.

12. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this season is just...odd. it isn't bad or uninteresting like last season. its just kinda there. hopefully the season finale will be good.

13. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

This confirms my theory about the dumbing down of Dexter! Way to go, writers!

14. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Zzz what a bore

Hopefully the season finale will be better

15. Guy Gardener

Hannah is a poisoner, she sets far more subtle traps, the only chance Dexter has is if she doesn't see him coming, and if Deb set her up, then she won't.

16. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Theory? What do you call season 6?

Or in season 5 when Team Bad Guys dumped bodies inside floating barrels into shallow swamp where no one ever found them until Dexter?

18. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

HAHAHA :lol:

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i kinda saw the end coming. still, it was a pretty good episode.

20. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

Some how I felt sorry for Hannah but not the Captain.
    I also felt sorry for Deb, who got in so deep there was no point of return for her.
    What will she be next year, promoted to Captain, and killing the bad guys that get away with Dexter ???