The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Why does an Iron Man Figure have musculature?

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Well, if store reports on some of the collecting sites are accurate then a lot of the Star Wars merchandise that should have been on most or even all Walmart pegs and shelves months ago is starting to surface as distribution centers finally get around to shipping cases and perpetually tardy and negligent stores actually stock relatively new figures, ships and vehicles.

About time. At least there should be plenty of stuff on pegs for the Christmas shopping season even if it's product that should have been on the sales floors in late spring or during the summer.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Most of Iron Man's classic armors did in the comics.

Here's a pic for height comparison. I put him next to a Marvel Legends Bucky Cap, which is about an average Marvel Legends height. Keep in mind, Iron Man is supposed to be a guy in a suit of armor:
    [​IMG]

So yeah, too short. Then again, this is a problem that has plagued a lot of Marvel Legends Iron Man figures. Since I display all my Iron Mans together, and not with the rest of my Marvel legends, this isn't such a huge problem.

4. cooleddie74

A friend just left me a message on my phone...he found the Commander Fox wave of The Clone Wars at one of our Walmarts clear on the other side of town along with remnants of the Sandtrooper/Jar Jar wave of Vintage. He didn't say, though, if the Vintage were on regular TVC cardbacks or the Lost Line design.

I'll have to hit that Wally World sometime tomorrow. I still want at least one more Vintage VC112 Sandtrooper...that figure is just too cool for school, Daddy-O.

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hawkeye is amused by the cross stitched portrait of himself. "I don't see the resemblance!"

[​IMG]

Tasha and Clint have the best seats in the house for the Nationals game!

[​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

Those pics are great. Good show. :lol:

7. OdoWanKenobi

Just showing off something new I got. This Joker is not a recent figure, but he's been missing from my collection for a while. It's also the greatest Joker ever made, and I seriously feel like I never need another. To the left is the DC Universe wave 10 version (the one I just got) and to the right is the repaint that was released last year in a two-pack with Harley Quinn (which I've had for a while.)

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

They're both really cool looking, OdoWan. I don't collect DC stuff but I have to admit I don't think I've seen better looking Joker figures...at least not around here.

9. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Maybe it's just me, but the one on the right looks weird. Somehow I have a hard time seeing the Joker repainted in "normal" clothes. :p :lol:

10. cooleddie74

True to a point...most of us are used to seeing the Joker in his traditional purple, orange and green whether in animation or on TV and in live action films. But I have to give the costume designers of the 1989 Tim Burton Batman a lot of credit for making Jack Nicholson's Joker exceptionally creepy and great looking in normal black jacket, top hat and trousers. That was the scene where the Joker surprises the mob boss coming out of the Gotham courthouse and kills him with his venom-tipped quill pen.

11. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, it is unusual to see the Joker in more normal clothes. But as I said, that particular one came in a two pack with Harley Quinn:
    [​IMG]

that was based off of this iconic piece of art by the great Alex Ross:
    [​IMG]

12. cooleddie74

Eighteen...

Eighteen...

Eighteen dollar Vintage figure 3-packs...

At Tar-get!

:cool:

13. OdoWanKenobi

DC Universe Club Infinite Earths figure for September is Black Mask:

[​IMG]

Always awesome to add another Batman rogue to the display. The empty cowl he comes with is a really nice accessory. Overall no complaints. With the exception of the way too big Rocket Red, everything in the subscription so far has been a home run. Next month is a two-for with Poison Ivy and Elasti-Girl. Looking forward to both.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm so getting Black Mask. He looks absolutely fantastic.

15. OdoWanKenobi

He's already sold out on MattyCollector, so you'll have to hit ebay if you want him.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Big Bad has him for Pre-Order...with an estimated shipping date of September but that could easily be changed. You might be right about ebay.

17. cooleddie74

Picked up an extra AT-ST Scout Walker vehicle at a local Kmart this evening. They were sold out of all their new Ewok Scout and AT-ST Ground Crew figure 2-packs so I grabbed the next best thing. Great vehicle, even if its legs are extremely wobbly at first and take some real work getting to stand straight in order to support the cockpit module and not fall over.

18. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

That AT-ST crew set is the sex for sure. I bought one, I don't even collect action figures because it looks so bad ass

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tasha and Clint are having fun this fall. Pumpkin hunts and pepper picking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Bet this pepper isn't as hot as I am!"
    [​IMG]

After the garden tour, they wanted some booze. Tasha was not impressed with my vodka selection. "Finland? Are you KIDDING me?"
    [​IMG]

NOM.
    [​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

A scalper swooped into one of my local stores and bought about ten packs of those Kmart Ewok and AT-ST Crew figures. Piled them all into a cart right after the store opened and bought every single one of them. The lady who runs the toy department at that particular Kmart said she's seen the guy more than once and he always comes in, strips and raids the pegs and shelves for the newest stuff and walks out with bags of stuff. She thinks he's a scalper, too.