*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

God. That does sound dreadful. I hate movies like that. But... ZQ :)

2. KobayashiMaru13

KobayashiMaru13 Captain Captain

LOL he looks very vampire-ish!

Yeah, not sounding too great, but... I'll watch anything that has some Zach action! :devil:

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those factory-produced rom-coms are dreadful! I'll hope for a S5 of Heroes instead. :rommie:

4. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

Hi, lovelies... just popping in to say hello and that I still love ZQ so dearly, but I am currently on a Batman kick (I cycle through my fandoms, which is kind of weird and hard to explain). Therefore, I haven't been giving my previous amount of attention to Trek or our number one guy.

Hm. Now my mind has jumped to how much I'd love ZQ to be in the next Batman film. I can see him as Edward Nygma/Riddler (though I can't see Nolan choosing that villain).

Anyhow, back on topic... a cliche romantic comedy? :( Oh, Zach. You are too good for that, darling.

5. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A recent pic of Zach with his Before The Door partners while filming their movie Margin Call:

[​IMG]

From ZQ's Twitter - which he is actually doing himself now, you can tell because most of the posts are nonsensical. :lol:

6. Tribbles

I don't understand the man's hatred of the shift key. As an English teacher, I should be more annoyed, but with Zachary? I can only find it endearing. :)

7. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sure does. :eek:

At least if they switched the gender of the main character, the premise would be just a little less cliche. A little. But no. Romcom is a genre built on gender-based stereotyping.

8. Tribbles

Yes, indeed. I often feel that my intelligence is being insulted just when seeing the advertising for such movies. They tend to say, "Hey, you're a girl. Your main interests are relationships and fashion, right?" Wrong.

It's interesting that you mention switching the gender of the main character. I am willing to bet that his sleeping with twenty women would be treated quite differently than a woman sleeping with twenty men. Not to get off on a sociological tangent here...

Okay, peripherally related to ZQ is the fact that Nimoy now has his own twitter account, for those of you who don't yet know: http://twitter.com/theRealNimoy

He has been updating on a fairly regular basis, and is following both Shatner and Zachary. :)

I quoted this in the TOS forum too, but I think it is cute enough to repeat:

(Nimoy): @WilliamShatner Hey Bil. Leonard here. Following you. Hope to see you soon
    (Shatner): @TheRealNimoy Leonard, following me is a good idea. Seeing me is a better idea. I'll take you out to dinner soon. My best, Bill

To which Zach replied:
    @WilliamShatner @TheRealNimoy as long as you invite spock jr. it's only logical.

:D Cutest thing ever? I think it just might be!

9. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

aww that is cute wonder will they invite Zachary as well to dinner that would be nice.

10. Tribbles

It would be nice of them, wouldn't it, startrekrcks (do you have a nickname I can call you?)... maybe they could invite Chris Pine too, to even it out. :)

Look here, Nimoy responded to Zach's tweet:

(Nimoy): @ZacharyQuinto Zachary, you are so Spock! LLAP

What a gentleman he is to always treat Zach so kindly by encouraging him to embrace the role and make it his own rather than acting defensive about it. Truly gracious to an extent that I don't know I'd be able to find within myself. It must be difficult to relinquish a character that has been such a big part of your life, but Mr. Nimoy is pure class all the way.

11. startrekrcks

that would be so nice of them to invite Chris Pine as well:)

12. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From his twitter a few days ago :)

[​IMG]

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

14. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its very quiet in here. :shifty:

If anyone is interested here's an update on Margin Call, the first movie from ZQ's production company Before The Door:

I thought they'd already filmed this (see earlier post) but it appears that they will actually be filming sometime this summer. Certainly Spacey's involvement will help raise the profile of the movie.

Also it looks like Zach is definitely going to be in the Anna Faris comedy, though I suspect it'll only be a small role.

Thank you for your time, here's a pic of ZQ in another dorky hat... hmmm his friend looks strangely familiar... :vulcan:

[​IMG]

15. startrekrcks

yeah is that gorgeous mr Pine by any chance

16. Tribbles

Thanks for the pics, SalvorHardin, M'Sharak, and Etched. The man loves his hats! Seems a shame to cover up such a nice head of hair.

His friend there definitely looks like Chris Pine, startrekrcks. :)

I gotta say, that description of Margin Call sounds boring to me. Not feeling the rom-com either. Is it 2012 yet?

17. startrekrcks

yes it probably is aww cute to see Chris and Zachary together isn't it and that they have a great bond.

18. Tribbles

19. startrekrcks

We just have to wait until the sequel now to see how their friendship goes don't we?

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

IMDb has it only as "In production". With few other details beyond a September 2010 release date, you'd kinda get the impression they had filmed already, and your earlier post would seem to support that.

Heh.