Lost Sulu fan film trailer 'STA: A Time to Heal' finally online

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Axiom1, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi. Me again. While I appreciate the interest folks have, and understand the frustrations as well, I'm in the dark at this point like the rest of you guys. Haven't heard from Da since mid-February. I've turned-in a final version of a plot, but am waiting for a thumbs-up to begin scripting. This may be DOA, but I don't know for sure at this point. I'll post here if anything develops. Meantime, maybe I'll go look for something else to write.

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Why? It's here.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Fascinating.

Did Steven J. Cannell really do the sound effects? Or was that a clever homage? Or an entirely different, separate Steven J. Cannell?

4. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

5. Maurice

The My Star Trek Scrapbook blog just posted a June 1987 Starlog page with a short piece on A Time To Heal.

6. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Hey everyone,

I just started up a new Facebook group. Just log into Facebook and look up "Yorktown: A Time to Heal." Andrew Probert, the designer of the USS Enterprise D, who worked on the Yortown project is an administrator for the group page. This Facebook group page will be focusing more on Stan Woo's production, and his plans to get the film finished.

7. Maurice

I just searched for it on Facebook but it doesn't show up.

8. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I hadn't heard anything about it; I'll drop Stan Woo an email and check on it.

10. Potemkin_Prod

I heard from Stan this morning, and it appears that this in fact may happen. This will be ultra-cool!

11. Phantassm

Phantassm Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed...I won't be seeing it until its available without all the register crap.

12. Potemkin_Prod

Actually, this isn't the same production group. The hardest thing about this situation is that there are two groups out there who are trying to produce a fan film with the same footage. Both groups claim rights to the footage.

One, led by Da Han, has a pretty poor Super8mm transfer to VHS, and a Yahoo webpage where you have to register to see the footage. They also are promoting a book based on the filming of the episode, but I don't know if it's been written yet.

The other, led by Stan Woo, has the original footage but doesn't have a website or presently a means to provide it to the web. It was about this other collective that the announcement was made a few days ago. Stan has verified that there is presently a new effort to digitize the original footage, and that we all may finally see this fan film as he intended.

13. Barbreader

Wow, I sure feel better about being confused!

14. CaptainSerek

CaptainSerek Commander Red Shirt

I just finished watching it and I am listed under stunts. I had forgotten that. Holy blast from the past Batman!

15. Potemkin_Prod

16. Barbreader

I have seen no action out of the Axiom group except, "Send money" for some time. Some of this has taken the form of selling behind-the-scenes films (who is buying?).

Interesting that this film is attracting this much interest.

17. Mysterion

Hi folks. I've been involved with the Da Han/Axiom side of things, as far as the plotting/writing of a script (plotted - yes, script - mostly me staring at a mostly blank screen for inordinate amounts of time before playing carpel-tunnel inducing amounts of Solataire).

Was very suprised to see the Stan Woo aspect of things appear last week. But do understand he was/is the originator of the Yorktown project back in the day.

Have been trying to get answers from Da Han, but have gotten none. I am vaguely aware that there has been (still is?) some sort of dispute between him and Mr. Woo, but have not gotten any real clarification on that situation either.

So, I am removing myself from the equation as not to get caught in the middle of whatever is going on between Stan Woo and Da Han. I wish everyone concerned the best of luck, and really hope it all gets sorted out and we see Yorktown in some form at some point.

And I do apologize if this seems like the airing of private laundry in a public space, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about my status in the matter.

18. Potemkin_Prod

Stan emailed today and appears ready to endorse John Atkin. I haven't seen the facebook page either, but Stan says he sent John additional photos for it.

19. Mysterion

^^^
    Good enough for me.

Anyone else need a writer? :)

20. Potemkin_Prod

Stan just sent me the link for the Facebook group:

Hopefully this means this fan film starring Takei and Shigeta (to name a few) will indeed be finished!

Edit: Just checked out the pictures. LOVED seeing Shigeta as Admiral Nogura!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010