How many female fanfic authors?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Seren, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Seren

Seren Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone I'm Seren (obviously a newcomer to the forum but I dabble a bit and I've been browsing the last few days!), and I'm just wondering how many of the regular participants here are female like myself, or is most Star Trek fanfic written by men? :)

2. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

Welcome to the forum! :)

Jespah is female I believe. I'm a boy. :lol:

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, it's hard to give a good estimate because there's so much fan fic out there and a name on the screen doesn't tell you whether the author is male or female.

At the moment, most writers who post regularly in this forum seem to be male. Nerys Ghemor and Gul R'ejal are female. So am I but I don't contribute that often.

4. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome! :) There are a great number of female Star Trek fanfiction writers out there.

I'm Whoa Nellie. I'm one half of a writing team of two women with Psychology degrees who have been writing together for well over a decade. My co-author and I write romance-novel styled TNG and Voyager stories and most of our stories are NC-17 for romance novel-style love scenes (I post edited versions to this site and fanfiction.com. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/85355/ ) We strive to create well-written, enjoyable stories with good banter that rings true to the characterizations in trek canon. Some of our stories are very plot heavy while some are on the lighter side. As we began writing our first work, 'Double Entendre,' when either of us went too far the other one would call out "Whoa Nellie!" while hitting the delete key. This practice stuck. When we decided to post our stories to the internet, (way back in 1998) 'Whoa Nellie' was a natural choice for us as a pen-name.

The entire collection of Whoa Nellie's Star Trek Fan Fiction stories including our signature Picard/Vash, Crusher/Chakotay stories and the Voyager Twist of Fate series can be found here:

Whoa Nellie's Star Trek Fan Fiction Stories
    http://sites.google.com/site/whoanelliestartrekfanfiction/

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

5. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm female.

6. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Re: Angry Fanboy

My husband agrees with you that I am female. :)

I write mostly ENT, with some forays into TNG and TOS, often crossing over the various series. Lots of MU, AU.

Serit is also female but I don't think she's posted any ff here.

7. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

I'm sure he is! :lol:

I had no idea that Count Zero was female though, I should pay more attention to the symbols under people's avatars.

Anyway, I'll leave you ladies to your Thread of the Valkyries then! :lol:

8. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Female. Most of my finished/presentable stuff isn't Star Trek, though (every time I try to write a serious Star Trek story it decides to become a spoof/parody/satire and I can't make it stop).

I've written a lot of Star Trek filks, though.

10. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There must be a lot of housework going undone while you gals are busy posting in here.

11. RisingEmber

RisingEmber Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am a thirty-one year old female writing my first Star Trek fanfic. It is called, "Alexander, Son of Worf" and is posted on Fanfiction.net. Feel free to check it out.