Planet of the Titans U.S.S. Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LordSarvain, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

No, only some of them, a good chunk of which are probably the annal retentive type who think they actually own it.

2. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

I don't mind changes in Star Trek from 1966 to the present. I just was disappointed by these two things in the JJ movie, not the story and not the actors. Just two items in the production design(the 1701 exterior design and the engineering brewery). That is all.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow those are all just beautiful. Any chance for interior designs or is that too much to ask for? :)

4. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

This old fan disagrees.

And I'm sure Adam would love this interpretation of his design, LordSarvain.

5. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Looking good, both ships. I would just make the wings a little more angled down, They are a bit... hummm... to much openned. :)

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

7. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

An update, still working on this, added some windows to the primary hull, added a small bit to the bridge (can't really see it in these) and started work on a space dock. Right now I'm working on textures so I'll some more pics soon (relatively)..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ghoyle1

ghoyle1 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's really awesome. Even if I can't buy it as a refurbished Enterprise, this is a truly amazing mesh. Great work, my Lord!

9. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I were you, I'd drop out every other finger in your drydock. As is, it looks like it would make maneuvering large pieces in and out of position impractical.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Yeah, cause those two big holes on each end will never work. :rolleyes::lol:

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

awesome new pics of this :) :techman:

12. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dude, I bet you make yourself laugh at all your jokes, eh?)

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Sorry, I guess that didn't come off right. That was sarcasm, not a joke.

14. Orne

Orne Lieutenant Red Shirt

Strangely, in the two dock scenes this ship looks much like the 1701-D minus the swan-neck pylon. Covers a lot of generational/evolutionary 'bullet-points'. Really impressive re-working of the design.

The Avenger design with the lengthened nacelle-pylons also is an improvement over the original; think of the scene were the Enterprise blasts the Reliant nacelle - when it's sheered away, just a little more movement upwards would have seen the lower hull breeched badly by the nacelle's tail end. Under other circumstances, it's a StarFleet crew who would've suffered for that design-flaw.

15. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Dude. You took a concept design that I HATED and really made it work! I can see this in the real Trek universe... My minor critique involves the bulky bulgy nacelles, but that's really just my personal desdain for that trend. Nothing personal there.

Someone mentioned removing some of the "fingers" of dry dock- I'd leave them.

16. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, great ship, very interesting. :cool:

17. LordSarvain

Thanks to everyone that has commented. Regarding losing some forks off the space dock, I think it works the way it is. I've always thought of docks of this type being used for fitting out a mostly complete ship before sending it off to trials. I don't think you're going to see any major components being brought into it.

So I've rebuilt the wings, for the 4th time, I think, it might be more. I've been fiddling around with textures and that brought out some horrible segmentation on the wings that needed to be address and it was easier to just build new ones. But now they've got some cleaner details than before. Also added some some new details outside the hangar.

Texturing has begun, well tests anyway, but I'm pleased with how it's going. I've never textured a model before and frankly the thought of it in the past has always been both scary and exhausting. Learning to unwrap the parts has been an experience in and of itself.

So here's the latest...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  18. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looking fantastic. What I love about the design is that it's so clean with big sweeping panels, but then as you look closer, there is so much detail. Texturing is looking good so far.

19. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Wow, that's a lot of phasers.

What's with the name and odd registry #?

20. LordSarvain

Odd name, just picked someone from history to name a ship after. Odd registry, well it's a play on the label that was on one of the Planet of the Titans concept models B-24-CLN. I decided to put a name other than Enterprise on this and to come up with a back story for it. So, it'll be an experimental ship with a long history of use and abuse before being sent to the scrap yards.