Alien races you would like to have seen expanded upon?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Crazyewok, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Vice Admiral Admiral

Alien races you would like to have seen expanded upon?
    One thing I dont like with startrek is the alien of the week menality were they meet a cool alien and move on never to revist them. In some cases ok fine but there were some really cool aliens I would have loved to see be expanded on.

For me:

Tamarians: I would love to see what develped after first contact with them.

Sheliak: Who were they? They seemed far diffrent from the useal humanoid aliens we get.

The aliens from schisms: Why were they abducting people? Again who were they?

The unkown aliens from ENT fight or flight: Who were they? Why were they havesting the fluids of the dead crew?

2. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    For me... I guess, some of the UFP races they made up for TMP. There's some information about them but they were never expanded upon.

3. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

The impression I got was that they were abducting Enterprise crew members to study our universe. Remember that they were trying to create a small pocket of their universe in ours but were having difficulty. Perhaps they thought that experimenting on humans would help them devise a better method of crossing over.

--Sran

4. Crazyewok

Would have been intrested in seeing them expanded.

5. Crazyewok

The Tzenkethi in DS9 is another one.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a plan to use the Kzinti (from TAS' "Slaver Weapon") in an episode of Enterprise. I'm just guessing that Larry Niven gave his OK to do that. The episode would have been called "Kilkenny Cats". They even gave a rendering of what a Kzinti ship looks like. I always wondered what this episode would have been like....

Side note: The 'cat dancer' from ST V was supposed to be a Kzinti female, I think. That's what some backstage material said - she was referred to as a "Kzinretti" which is the official term (in Niven's 'Known Space') for Kzinti women.

7. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Species for "Silent Enemy" (ENT)
    Sheliak
    Tzenkethi
    Hunters (DS9)
    Gorn
    Tholians
    Vaadwaur
    Breen
    Remans
    Son'a

8. Captain Clark Terrell

You never know. They may be back.

Definitely. It's surprising that we've never seen one given how much trouble they caused the Federation.

--Sran

9. Crazyewok

So many missed opportunities to expand the startrek lore :(

A good idea for a book would be to write a dscription of diffrent races from the point of view from starfleet inteligance or the diplomatic core.

Or a tie in novel about a survey ship that goes in after the Enterprise leaves to continue the work...

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always liked the Talarians from Suddenly Human. A warrior like culture that wasn't a complete parody and not generic bad guys. Even the two different types of ships they used in that episode were quite obviously from the same construction mindset.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there also supposed to be a return of the Vaadwaur in a future VOY episode?

As for DS9's Hunters, I believe the plan was that they and the Tosk are members of the Dominion. Notice how much the Tosk look like 'prototype' Jem'Hadar? They even have exactly the same 'shrouding' ability. Reportedly both the Tosk and the Jem'Hadar were created from the same 'original' race (the Hunters are the navigators/trackers of the Dominion, and the Tosk were basically given to them by the Founders as gifts).

A Hunter was even supposed to take the helm of the Defiant (while piloting it to the Founders' homeworld) in "Broken Link" but for some reason this was changed to a Jem'Hadar at the last minute.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

This is a great idea! I'd include a color atlas, too. It would be a great way to see what the lesser known races of Star Trek look like.

--Sran

13. Captain Clark Terrell

It's not clear. They were last seen escaping into the subspace corridors, so they could have returned.

--Sran

14. Crazyewok

15. Captain Clark Terrell

^They could always appear in a novel.

--Sran

16. Crazyewok

Dont know if it could be done as a GOOD fan project.......

But yeah illustrated would be vital as well as maps ect.

17. Captain Clark Terrell

I'd like to see a map of the post-Dominion War Alpha Quadrant. To my knowledge, it's not been done.

--Sran

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the Vaadwaur in their one episode. A tragic people that have both redeeming and villainous elements. Also if they appeared further more as villains... which you'd think Janeway would be all over figuring out how to use those subspace corridors.. they'd be relying on cunning to be threatening rather than brute force.

I've heard about the Tosk being a prototype or lesser version of the Jem'Hadar and the similarities definitely are there. I never heard about a Tosk taking the helm in Broken Link. That would've been a neat touch. Surprisingly diplomatic too.

19. Captain Clark Terrell

I believe that a Hunter would have taken the helm of the Defiant. Tosk had no military authority or responsibility.

--Sran

20. Crazyewok

Hmmm i have a idea forming in my mind about doing a massive alien database.....

Anyone intrested pm me as would need artists and proof readers.