What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Holdfast, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only funny joke in Harrods is Mohammed Al-Fayed.

2. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

It may sound corny, but all I want for Christmas is a great Christmas for my son.

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Or Fortnum and Mason...

£1,000 Crackers

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thank you. I was going to ask for Irony. :bolian:

Let's see, what do I really want? I suppose Linda Park or Gina Torres are out of the question, so how about that two-volume hardcover Don Martin collection? Or any of the many TV show DVD sets that I haven't gotten yet, like Kung Fu Season Two or Friday The 13th Season One.

Oh, heck, just surprise me. :cool:

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

A Tivo.

Also, a few of the expansions for Sims 2 (Apartments, University, Free Time).

I would like a new laptop some day soon, but I don't expect that to ever happen. I'm sure there's other things I want, but I can't seem to think of them right now.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The return of MODMAN, that the Yuletide season may be heralded by the shit once again being well and truly run.

7. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Nice ties you linked to there, Mr Holdfast.

I wouldn't mind a new iPod so I had more storage space (currently using a 6GB iPod mini which is 3 years and four months old) as I am really running out and have so much music I want to put on there.

I'd quite like some new slippers too. And socks. Socks are always good. :D

8. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would not go there because they sell fur.

9. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Any of the following:

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collectors Edition DVD Box Set
    Futurama vol. 1
    Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs
    Futurama: Bender's Game
    Southern Storm: Sherman's March to the Sea by Noah Andre Trudeau
    The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Robert E. Howard
    The Road by Cormac McCarthy

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I really haven't thought much about Christmas ... too much going on.

11. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Yup, the same for me, please. Oh, and add 'friends' to that list. :)

No, it doesn't sound corny at all. :)

12. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Mostly, for all my family to be healthy and happy. But I would also like a little $$ as well as gift cards and some games for my Nintendo DS(I'm a sucker for that damn game console right now!) :)

13. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Same here. I want for myself, my wife and kids to all be happy and healthy in the coming year.

And world peace. :p

14. msbae

msbae Commodore

My list...

1.) Cold, hard Cash...

...and I need it now more than ever. I’m sure that Sallie Mae is reasonable but, she is eventually going to want her money back. Besides, I’m tired of being broke!

2.) A new TV

My current TV is busted. I do not currently know if it can be repaired or not.

3.) A Mini-shelf Stereo System

The one I have now has a malfunctioning CD Changer and it’s out of warranty too. The replacement must have Red & White RCA-Type Auxiliary Input Jacks. Those jacks will be used for my Turntable and my iPod via an adapter cable. The unit & speakers cannot be any taller than 14 ¾ inches in height. Otherwise, it won’t fit on my shelf.

4.) A Gun Belt & Holster that holds a M1911 and .45 ACP Rounds

5.) Apple iPod USB Travel Kit with Car Charger/ Travel Adapter/ Cable

Remember, it has to be compatible with an 8GB iPod Touch.

6.) 2 or 3 pairs of Blue Jeans

My size is 34 x 32.

7.) 2 or 3 pairs of Dress Slacks

They should also be size 34x32. I’m not above substituting a pair of Dockers for these slacks, either. Few would ever know or care. Navy Blue is preferred.

8.) A new Electric Razor

Gillette Fusion Power & Mach 3 blades are too expensive to keep buying again and again. A new Razor makes for a great stocking stuffer, too.

Also Holdfast, both of those ties are terrible.

15. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you guys wanted peas, I've got lots of those:

[​IMG]

J.

16. JimCasy

JimCasy Captain Captain

I want a rice cooker, which I'm pretty sure my mom has already bought for me.

My sister's getting me dvds (she works part-time at a video store and always get me like five movies for xmas).

I'd really like season 2 of Carnivale, but it's probably too expensive. Same with a new pair of glasses. I don't know how much longer these will hold up.

Loads of cash would be fantastic, as I'm broke right now, but my family doesn't do cash (except last year my dad gave me all cash to help pay for my trip to Japan...unfortunately plane tickets are way expensive and it covered less than 1/10th of them).

A Border's gift card would be lovely.

And I actually would really like new socks and bras. Decent bras are way too expensive. :(

17. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

In reality, all I really want is to spend Christmas at home this year. Last year I checked into the hospital for a transplant on 12 December and spent Christmas in a reverse-pressure isolation room with nothing more than a piece of sterilized tinsel hanging over the TV. My big Christmas present last year was two units of whole blood on Christmas Day.

It made me realize just how important (and how much I missed) Christmas with my family.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gift cards from book or craft stores are always good presents for me if my family gets stumped!

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I have simple requests.

1) Kari Byron.

2) Assorted lengths of rope that have nothing to do with first entry on this list. Nope.

3) A promise from Arsene Wenger that he will spend at least £40m on new players over the age of 25 in January 2009.

In all seriousness, though, I don't really like the receiving presents part of Christmas. I'd just like people to not spend their money on me. All they have to give me is two weeks of the kind of peace and quiet I don't get while I'm at work.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some way to cure the economy. It's hard to think about what I want for Christmas when the Economy is this bad and people can't even afford to feed their families let alone buy christmas gifts. This is definitely shaping up to be one of the worst holiday seasons for retail ever.