Jay Leno's Garage -- I like it!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by scotpens, Apr 30, 2013.

1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I've just recently discovered the Jay Leno's Garage video series on YouTube. They're a must for any car buff. This guy obviously loves cars (he reportedly owns more than 100 of them) and really does his homework. In fact, I find Leno much more entertaining when he's talking about cars than as a talk-show host or standup comic.

Any other Jay Leno's Garage fans here?

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I liked it when it was a Popular Mechanics column.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

It's great and I do wish he'd expand it into a full TV show. My favourite has to be when he fires up the Stanley Steamer and it blows up on him.

I actually attended a taping of the Tonight Show in March and got to shake his hand. The whole set is adorned with a car theme, something you wouldn't really notice while seeing it on TV, and much smaller than expected.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's way more interesting as a car guy than a talk show host. It wouldn't pay him nearly as much, but he should just have a car show; I'd watch that.

5. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

TV studio sets are always smaller than they look on television. They look a lot cheaper in person also.

I agree, but if he hadn't been doing The Tonight Show all these years, he wouldn't be able to afford that car collection!

6. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ I just meant that I wish he would stop now (or more like when Conan took over) and do a car show.

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I don't know if I'd say they look cheaper, but they do look different as you get to see more of the set instead of just what the camera is focusing on, and you do get an appreciation for all that goes on during the taping.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Supposedly he's never spent a dime of his 20+ years of Tonight Show money and lives off his stand-up money and other sources of income.

9. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^I heard that too, plus I believe a good portion of his collection was donated to him.

10. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"Here we are in the Bentley section of my Garage."

"Now we're here in the Jaguar section of my Garage"

I never watch The Tonight Show but watch Jay Leno's Garage every few days. Good stuff

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Alabama's own version of Trip Tucker--Travis Taylor, did some work for him on Rocket City Rednecks

12. Raze

Raze Ensign Newbie

I've never been a fan of his talk show, but I've seen a few episodes of his YouTube show. It's actually pretty good, and his knowledge of cars is amazing!