Did Gowron know that Jodmos was Sisko?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Rush Limborg, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno. In "Apocalypse Rising", when Sisko and Co. are going undercover as Klingons, Gowron calls out "Jodmos"--who is really Sisko, to accept him in the Order of the Bat'leth.

As Jodmos/Sisko takes the metal, Gowron's "Glory to you...and your HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!!!" is slower, more intense, and more pronounced than when he'd said it to the other candidates. And also, he looked Sisko in the eye, and gave him a look...as if he recognized him.

So, what do y'all think? Did Gowron know...or was he just being wierd?

2. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always figured it was simply about creating a bit of tension for the viewer. Yeah, I know that's lame but there you are :D.

Essentially, with Gowron, I guess you never know. If he knew it was Sisko he might have been curious to wait and see what was going to happen.

3. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dunno, but what was up with Worf in that episode? Not exactly a convincing disguise - surely Gowron and Martok would have known instantly that it was him?

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    ^ Not really since Gowron talks in that manner all the time and it probably gets even worse during solemn state events.

5. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

The way Gowron bugs his eyes out, his vision can't be too great.

6. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think Gowron had even dealt with Sisko face-to-face up to that point. The only time they interacted was during the Klingons' attack on DS9, and then over a viewscreen.

Other possibilities:
    -SF intelligence chose specific Klingons for the team to impersonate because they had similar looks
    -A Klingon's vision perhaps is more blurred during battle, so maybe Sisko looked differently with blood-lust eyes
    -Gowron's own vision was blurred, considering they'd been partying for a long while up to the medal ceremony (which would explain how an obviously sober Martok-Changeling would recognize him)

7. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The disguise just wasn't that good.

8. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

But Gowron's not to too bright. ^

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

He doesn't know Sisko that well and that would be the last place he would expect to see him.

10. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To be fair, disguises in Trek are seldom good as it is, yet they always seem to get the job done.

After all, Picard got away with pretending to be a pirate with just a change of clothes and a scowl.

11. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

I dunno. I saw "Badda-Bing" like four or five times and it wasn't until recently that I made the connection that Robert O'Reilly was the counter in the vault... so it stands to reason that Gowron wouldn't recognize Sisko. I actually thought it was a pretty good disguise.

Now as for Worf.... I'm in strong agreement with the previous poster - How could they NOT recognize him?!? He insulted Fake-Martok on DS9 and with all the history between him and Gowron - how could they NOT?! With the stare-down Martok was giving O'Brien you would think staying up all night with Worf someone would notice. I had heard that Jadzia was originally supposed to be on the mission but that Farrell couldn't handle the makeup because of a skin condition. Oh well - I'll close a blind eye to this one like I do with Superman and his glasses. Maybe in the Trekverse all Klingons look alike. :)

12. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But if Jadzia had been on the mission instead of Worf, we wouldn't have gotten Dukat's line after blowing up the Klingon ship: "It was either that or trust in Mr. Worf's ability to lie". :)

13. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah but then we would have gotten some nice Jadzia-cleavage heheh

14. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

I don't remember hearing that she had any trouble with makeup (she can't be exposed to direct sunlight, so her skin problems DID cause a rewrite of Rocks and Shoals such that she spent the episode knocked out, and in Let He Who Is Without Sin..., the production had to follow her around with a marquee to keep her in the shade - but sun & makeup are separate matters).

15. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

So... Farrell's a vampire?

16. Damask

Damask Commander Red Shirt

I wonder why Jadzia wasn't a part of the mission. Half the time she seems to know how to act like a Klingon better than the Worf.

17. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Ha, Worf's disguise was pathetic. Martok would have spotted him right away.

I think Gowron did recognise Ben. There was a look of recognition in his eyes.

18. DeepSpace84

DeepSpace84 Cadet Newbie

Now I know Martok was the changeling and was expecting something like this to happen, he did not know what Odo and the others were going to do. I think since Martok was able to recognize O'brien way before this, it's safe to assume that when Sisko and Gowron stood face to face Gowron recognized him. Remember, they had seen each other before when the Klingons attacked DS9. The human that caused the retreat of Gowron and his fleet would not be a face easily forgotten by a Klingon. A the use of "your house" might be implying to DS9 itself.