Star Trek: Horizon's (Brand New Audio Series Seeking Writers!)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by StarTrekHorizon, Sep 1, 2013.

1. StarTrekHorizon

StarTrekHorizon Cadet Newbie

Hello Star Trek fans!

We are a small-time production team looking to launch a dramatized Star Trek audio series (currently titled “Star Trek: Horizon's”) by the winter period of 2015. As such, we are looking for a team of writer’s who would be interested in helping us evolve the series towards its launch.

Considering that the series itself is barley in the stages of early pre-production, there are not yet too many details we can provide as of this time. We believe that the Star Trek franchise is a ready fit for the audio format, with the series world-renown for its bold and richly innovative story-lines in conjunction with its handling of endlessly philosophical and thought-provoking ideas. From the sound of the Enterprise’s transporter beam to the soft tinny of the opening of a handheld communicator, from moment of its inception, the Star Trek universe has had a long and celebrated history with the medium of sound... a history which we hope to both continue and celebrate in our own exciting series.

We are currently looking for writers who would be interested in working with us on this project. This would primarily involve bouncing around idea’s regarding what direction to take the series and even writing preliminary scripts for our official first series.

If you would like to get involved with us in any professional capacity, or even learn a little more about “Star Trek: Horizon's”... please contact our Creative Director at startrekhorizon@outlook.com.

Thank you so much for your time guys!

Live long and prosper!

The Star Trek Horizon Team.

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

How about some general info to go on here?

What era? I assume this is aboard a ship named "Horizon"?

3. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

The first step needs to be a series "bible". As producers it should be on you to come up with an era and a tentative cast of characters. There should also be some sort of backdrop which can serve as an ongoing story arc. As mentioned above, what is the ship (or is it a ship?). Who are the characters? Are they elite, career fast-trackers like in TNG or are they career side-trackers? Maybe they got scred on evaluations or hung out to dry because of pesky bad luck? What segment of the galaxy are they in and who are the antagonists/enemies as well as allies?

Those are the kinds of things a writer needs to know. You can provide the broad strokes and the writers can fill in the blanks.

We have some...small...experience in these matters at Star Trek: Excelsior and if we can be of any help, please feel free to drop me a pm and by all means check out our Facebook page.

Best of luck to you!

4. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

You know, Potemkin does not have a series bible. The characters are generally created by the cast members. They take great pride in their characters. They don't have carte blanche, but we value their input considerably.

5. David.Blue

David.Blue Commander Red Shirt

I worked for five years on a virtual spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which proved so successful in generated its own fan fiction. Literally, I had a major role in at least a third of the episodes, a minor role in half of the rest, wrote a few dozen eps myself, and took part in planning for each 22-episode season.

Agree with MikeH92467, a "bible" will help a lot. But the entire staff needs to contribute to it. More, you will need someone to function as Executive Producer, a voice of final authority. And some kind of forum just for the staff.

I'm also very curious about the basic premise. Have sent an email.

6. David.Blue

David.Blue Commander Red Shirt

Sent in an email. No reply.

7. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Same here. Looking at the profile, it was one post and then nothing since.

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Thanks for letting me know. I was dubious about this and didn't list it at Star Trek Reviewed... seems I was right!

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The original post is a classic example of excited-fan-wants-to-make-a-show which lasts for about a week and then is abandoned.