Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Captain Randy Hall, May 31, 2010.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Oh for crying out loud! Captain Randy Hall, why are you being such a crybaby about all of this?

One simple question has been posed to you over and over again yet you seem completely unwilling to answer:

...yet each time, Captain Randy Hall, you ignore our question, you change the subject, or you throw a temper tantrum. I have to admit, I don't understand why.

I'll additionally add to this --for the record-- that I never once asked Captain Randy Hall to remove Star Trek: Lost Frontier from his list. It was difficult enough to get on the list to begin with, and being removed seems to fly in the face of the list's raison d'être.

I simply would like to know WHO these people are who have qualified Lost Frontier as 'adult content' and why, as I am a writer for that series, Captain Randy Hall feels he has to resort to such passive-aggressive tactics and behavior when confronted with such a query.

There's no need to remove Reclamation or Lost Frontier from your list. We are only asking for you to remove the "WARNING: ADULT CONTENT" label from them. Our reasoning is simple: We have seen/heard these productions and can tell you with full authority the content therein does not constitute adult content.

2. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I think it's about time for someone to step in and send you guys to neutral corners...(no intent to upstage the mods here). As someone with no ax to grind with either party I'd like to make a modest suggestion: Randy, before putting the "adult content' or 'mature' label on a show, why not simply contact the producers and ask whether they think such a label is warranted? I think the intent to flag possibly offensive material is fine, but of course, one person's meaty content is going to be another's indigestably outrageous content. Double OH, I think you really could cut Randy some slack. Trying to keep track of the fan production universe isn't easy and if Randy isn't doing perfectly, well, he's making an effort to fill a void that I think we can all agree needs filling.
    I know it's easier said than done, but I really would like to see you two do a 'reboot' and let whatever happened fade away.

3. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

OK, let's start off with the title of this thread:
    Upcoming Productions for June/July/August

My poor little dialup wouldn't even let me download an audio file, but I did look over the Web pages for both Lost Frontier and Dark Frontier.

Regarding Lost Frontier, their website at http://www.darkerprojects.com/lostfrontier.php states that the last episode the group has produced was released on September 22 of last year. I've looked through their site, but I don't see any sign of another episode being in the works.

Again, I started this thread to let people know when new films or other projects are coming out in that three-month period (right now, June, July and August). I'd have been happy to post about LF if I knew about it and had started this thread last September. Even without the debate over "Adult Content," it's way behind what I think should be the timing of this thread. I don't mind having given them some free publicity, but I need to know if or when a new project is coming out from those folks. Feel free to start a thread to discuss that project as you wish.

On to Dark Frontier. The latest release from them was about a month ago, so I don't mind including that effort for a while. However, I went to their site at http://www.triple-fictionproductions.net/index.php?p=1_10 and found that their synopses of two episodes start with these two words:

(EXPLICIT CONTENT)

I'll be happy to remove the word WARNING but if they say their material is "explicit," who am I to disagree? Again, if you guys want to start a thread about this, fire away.

As for a definition of "adult," I recommend you refer to the Dark Frontier site and follow their lead.

I hope this settles the problem.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  4. Captain Randy Hall

Thanks for your support, Mike. I think we now have the situation well in hand.

5. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

:lol: So, let's get this straight. I asked you why you listed "Reclamation" as "WARNING: ADULT CONTENT" and you explained that if it had "nudity, vulgarity, extreme violence, things like that," it would be classified as such.

I then asked you to present evidence from that episode that justified such a rating, and you admitted that you hadn't seen the episode.

However, you now suddenly claim it's rated that because the website, http://www.triple-fictionproductions...dex.php?p=1_10 said that the first two episodes in the series have "EXPLICIT CONTENT" warning labels, and I will readily concede that point. However, you didn't originally link to that obviously outdated website (which only lists TWO of the FIVE episodes in the series). No, in your listing you linked it to the up-to-date site http://vimeo.com/11731801 which clearly states:
    Didn't you even bother to read the website you linked it to? Those two words: GENERAL CONTENT are quite different from the EXPLICIT CONTENT that you're continuing to insist that this fan film has.

The fact of the matter is that you have committed several errors, and have now compounded those errors with duplicity.

Yes, you really have the situation "well in hand." :vulcan:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  6. doubleohfive

Again you have managed to not answer any of the questions I asked.

Putting that aside for a moment: As I have stated before, I am one of the writers for the Lost Frontier podcasts. Work has been underway since last fall to get our new, 18 episodes ready for release.

Problems we had prior to prepping our new season were numerous. The gentleman who originated the series decided several times to just hang up his hat and end the show. Others, like myself volunteered to take on the writing, post-production and casting duties to continue the series because we felt there were enough people interested that it would be worthwhile. Work continues to this day on this set of 18 episodes. However, as you pointed out, the last released episode was in September.

In an effort to avoid the long gaps between episode releases (where once it had been one episode per month, it suddenly became several months between releases), our new "showrunner" elected to make sure we had a nice batch of episodes ready to go before we start releasing them.

As he is in graduate school, his time is limited. I'm still working on my allotted three scripts, however much work is required even after said scripts are written. Some of which I assist on, some of which I am unable to.

This is just a sampling of what's going on behind the scenes over here, however I felt it was important to address your point that we haven't had a new show out since September. The reason we don't advertise our premiere dates anymore is simple:

There are too many fans out there who cry foul and raise a shit-storm if we don't meet our deadline. So, rather than deal with naysayers and complaining on top of our regular daily lives, responsibilities, joys and frustrations, we don't advertise our release dates till we're absolutely certain we're ready for them. This could very well be in June, July or August. I am unable to say so with any certainty right now because I just plain don't know if it will.

What I don't understand is the seeming bias being shown against us. Starship Exeter is still working on their second episode, and no release date has been officially given for their final act, yet they are still listed "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" on your list here. Why can't we be shown the same courtesy?

But back to the original subject issue: None of the above has anything to do with what's been going on in this thread. It does not answer my question nor my request.

If you can't listen to one of our shows, for whatever reason you decide to offer up -- lack of time, or technological inability, that's fine. I understand. However, in the interim, as one of the writers and producers of the series for whom I am arguing this point I would respectfully ask that if you can't listen to the show, take my word that it is NOT quantifiable for the WARNING - ADULT CONTENT label.

I would very much like to settle the problem. Especially as mature adults. I'm certainly willing to work with you if you are with me. As I've said, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but you have to understand that being the point man on this means you're going to get all the praise and all the criticism.

As someone who has, admittedly stumbled through trying to offer constructive criticism (and I fully admit I've probably not done the greatest job at it 100% of the time), it makes it very difficult to take this all seriously when we're not meeting each other halfway. Asking questions, pointing out errors, or raising an issue does not equate to my not appreciating your work here, nor should it give you reason to become so incensed.

I think if we can both agree to this, to respecting one another and to recognizing that we both have the same interests in mind, this whole little melodrama will fade away. I haven't felt like that's something you're very interested in though, and it's made it rather difficult to reason with you, particularly when you ignore the questions I ask and threaten to remove us from your list. There's very much a feeling that it's being done out of spite. I hope that's not the case, as I do --again-- appreciate what you're trying to do here.

I'm all for neutral corners and playing fair. I'm all for respecting each other's opinions and points of view ... but we all need to be adults about things and not take it all so personally.

7. Captain Randy Hall

So let's see. You apparently want me to link to the part of the site that has general content but not the part of it that has explicit content.That would be a nice trick. Or is it that only partially explicit content makes the site AOK? Do you really think that people won't wander into the explicit stuff when they've gotten to the site? And that I won't receive fiery email complaining that I'm sending people to a place that comes right out and says it has "Explicit Content?" Were they kidding or lying when they said at least some of their content was explicit? Once I saw the word "EXPLICIT" at least two times describing items in the site, that was the end of the debate for me.

My big error in all of this was thinking that everyone understood what this thread is for. It also seems that folks think generating enough heat will make me change my mind on things. Do they get this kind of thing over in the Trek Lit area? Would they think a book that is only partially explicit is AOK for all readers?

I'll still put this project in next Friday's list, but it will still have an "Adult Content" title.

This continues to be a colossal waste of my time. If you like the project, go start a thread so you can discuss it all you want.

8. doubleohfive

I think that if people reading your reviews come back to you and complain, you (and they) should be adult enough to recognize --and be responsible enough-- that as adults they have the choice to view or not view the film in question. It's not your job to dictate what's objectionable to everyone. Not everyone shares your outlook on what qualifies as 'adult content.' If the aforementioned project has warnings on their site, leave it at that. Why involve yourself any further after all this sturm and drang?

Further, I would still like to know who told you Lost Frontier was full of adult content, and what they found objectionable. Your consistent refusal to answer this question leaves me wondering if it's just a stubborn ploy to not give an inch so you can be "right" when all is said and done. Prove me wrong.

I thought this thread was for listing all the current fan films in production and due to be released. As the podcasts I write for are currently in production, I wanted to have them listed and to keep our name 'out there.' I assumed this meant our interests were one and the same, but your continued erratic behavior leads me to suspect otherwise.

If anything, your big error, Randy, is how much you have been overreacting to everything.

Again. We're all adults. I don't see why you are taking on this burden. Let me break it down for you.

The two productions in question -- Dark Frontier's "Reclamation" and "Lost Frontier" have been erroneously qualified by you as having mature content, despite your never having seen them. A writer from one production (me, from Lost Frontier) and a viewer who has actually watched the other (Potemkin_Prod, re: "Reclamation"), have explained -- numerous times-- that

a) There isn't any mature content therein.

b) We have requested that you remove the warning label.

Yet you seem to be incapable of seeing these points or considering these requests.

Your logic, thus far, and as near as I can determine, is flawed.

Again -- why? Have you watched the program? If so, and if you've determined there is adult content contained within, fair enough. I'd love to know what constitutes adult content in either production.

Again -- why are you so dismissive of us when we tell you there's not any adult content? I mean, how can you expect any production to take you seriously when you are so fundamentally rude to any of us who dare speak out or explain a mistake?

Translation: "My way or the highway." That's swell, Randy, really. Throw another temper tantrum.

On top of that little pearl, you are, effectively saying "your opinions don't amount to jack shit."

Now, I don't know if you'd have that same reaction to say James Cawley or Jimm Johnson, but for what it's worth I personally don't appreciate your shitty attitude.

I don't know if you even bothered reading my last post, but I tried really, really hard to come around and meet you half-way on this issue and mend the fence with regard to our interaction so far.

I'm realizing now it may just flat out be impossible to expect you to act like an adult here. For all your altruistic intentions, you're being a big crybaby about all of this.

Frankly, your warped perceptions on what's going on here, your inability to answer questions posed to you, and your immature, passive-aggressive approach to myself and Potemkin_Prod and our queries, critiques, and issues we've raised has truly soured me on you and your ability to promote our productions.

Honestly, really makes it damn near impossible for me to believe you aren't just plain out to screw us and our productions because we dared stir the pot in your sandcastle.

Nobody will ever agree on everything. You yourself are being a colossal hypocrite, asking for people to submit productions to your list, to make it as complete as possible. But the minute someone dares to tell you you have made a mistake, such as mislabeling a production you are not familiar with, you kick up the sand and say "Screw you guys, I'm not playing with you anymore!"

This isn't first grade. We're all adults and should be able to reason with each other.

You are not being reasonable.

Being that you have not yet answered my questions about what is so objectionable in Lost Frontier, and being that despite my complete and total familiarity with the entire series --both released episodes and not-- and you still discount and dismiss my very much more well-informed opinion than your own and yet still refuse to remove us from your 'adult content' section, I don't know what else I can say or do to reason with you.

Mike from Excelsior, thanks for trying to get us to play fair, I appreciate you trying to send us to our respective corners of the ring, but Randy just doesn't seem to want to play fair here and frankly, it's an embarrassment that this entire melodrama has been going on this long.

I pity the next fan film production that dares to try to question, critique or reason with Randy because he has thus far proven in my estimation that he is incapable of handling anything other than blind praise.

And that's the biggest disservice he can do for these fan films because just like the guys at Exeter, Farragut, Potemkin, and now (likely) Lost Frontier, he's just going to keep driving us all away from his sandbox.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  9. Potemkin_Prod

How so? You already did it in your link for "Reclamation." There's no "explicit stuff" on that webpage, nor in the video that's there: http://vimeo.com/11731801. This is YOUR link. It clearly states "GENERAL CONTENT."

Red herring. There's no explicit content on the Vimeo webpage you've linked. There's no explicit content in episode 5. I guess you don't know or understand that, or are you simply refusing to believe the visual evidence? Or have you not even visited the site you linked?

Then you are doing the equivalent of a small child sticking his fingers in his ears and going "la-la-la-la-la" rather than simply admitting you're an adult who made a mistake, and correct the error.

As many people as you've alienated and continue to alienate, and as faulty as your information appears to be (either by intent or negligence, it matters not), then I would agree that this thread and your project is indeed a
    "colossal waste of time."

10. Captain Randy Hall

I simply don't have the time to read through the phone book's worth of personal insults and put-downs you guys have spent the last day or so posting. I'll just say "Likewise, I'm sure" and leave it at that.

So let's start with Dark Frontier. My understanding was that the series started out with "EXPLICIT CONTENT" for its first couple of episodes. Then at some point, everything seemed to go from EXPLICIT to GENERAL. What did they change to make that transition? I hope they didn's simply change the word and pllug right along.

So they've apparently made a change in the content. Then why haven't they taken down the posts online that still have the EXPLICIT label? No chance of confusion there, right?

I will bump their entry to the RECENT RELEASES section, even if it's just so people who come to this thread can actually find what they're looking for: a list of fan films instead of a barrage of fiery put-downs.

But I will file away for future use just who did what in this little fire-go-round.

11. Captain Randy Hall

>>As I have stated before, I am one of the writers for the Lost Frontier podcasts. Work has been underway since last fall to get our new, 18 episodes ready for release.

Problems we had prior to prepping our new season were numerous. The gentleman who originated the series decided several times to just hang up his hat and end the show. Others, like myself volunteered to take on the writing, post-production and casting duties to continue the series because we felt there were enough people interested that it would be worthwhile. Work continues to this day on this set of 18 episodes. However, as you pointed out, the last released episode was in September.

In an effort to avoid the long gaps between episode releases (where once it had been one episode per month, it suddenly became several months between releases), our new "showrunner" elected to make sure we had a nice batch of episodes ready to go before we start releasing them.

As he is in graduate school, his time is limited. I'm still working on my allotted three scripts, however much work is required even after said scripts are written. Some of which I assist on, some of which I am unable to.

This is just a sampling of what's going on behind the scenes over here, however I felt it was important to address your point that we haven't had a new show out since September. The reason we don't advertise our premiere dates anymore is simple:

There are too many fans out there who cry foul and raise a shit-storm if we don't meet our deadline. So, rather than deal with naysayers and complaining on top of our regular daily lives, responsibilities, joys and frustrations, we don't advertise our release dates till we're absolutely certain we're ready for them. This could very well be in June, July or August. I am unable to say so with any certainty right now because I just plain don't know if it will.

What I don't understand is the seeming bias being shown against us. Starship Exeter is still working on their second episode, and no release date has been officially given for their final act, yet they are still listed "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" on your list here. Why can't we be shown the same courtesy?<<

First of all, I don't have an entry for Exeter, and I don't remember whether I ever had one. I appreciate your efforts toward making 18 (!!!!!!!) episodes at about the same time, but you say you likely won't have something ready in the next few months.

Second, if I put you folks in that listing, it wouldn't be long before others would see that and want that same courtesy even if their last effort was in the deep, dark past, which would defeat the purpose of this thread in the first place. I've done my best to talk with the folks in the list, and almost all of them said they'll have something produced by Labor Day. I'm sure some won't get that done, but at least they know I'm watching and waiting.

So when you folks do have something new really coming out, post it here in the thread and I'l include it in the list.

That's the best I can do under the circumstances. I don't want or need a list with 40 entries out of which only 10 would have produced something in the previous year.

12. doubleohfive

So much for not reading everything we wrote :lol:

I never said we wouldn't have anything ready. If you go back and take the time to read (carefully) what I posted, you will see that I actually said that we could be releasing our first batch of episodes any day or any week now. I just can't give you a precise date because I don't know the precise date. You are, again misconstruing my words.

I simply asked you to move Lost Frontier to the "Upcoming Releases" section by that logic -- our new season is about to begin, thus it is an 'upcoming release.'

So, by this logic, because I can't give you a specific date and time when our first podcast will be posted for release, you refuse to place a listing for us in your upcoming releases section. NOTE: This is entirely separate from the controversy over whether or not our show has any adult content (it doesn't). You are saying that despite my assertion that we are almost done with our work and that we will likely have releases out soon, it's just plain not good enough for you. Gotcha.

Honestly, I don't know that I want our production in any way associated with the hamfisted, childish claptrap you're running here, especially if you're going to be such a rude dickhead about this.

The best you could do "under the circumstances" (??) would be to stop being so melodramatic about everything and simply make the corrections to your listing of Lost Frontier.

This statement seems to me incongruous to your original goal when starting the "Upcoming Productions" thread. In fact, it smacks of you just not wanting to acquiesce to my request, which is certainly your right but come on dude, you're being as transparent as saran wrap. Instead of hiding behind your self-sacrificial and altruistic facade, just be honest: you don't like that Potemkin_Prod and I pointed out these (really, honestly) minor errors and now you're punishing us for it.

Then again, you've spent the entirety of this thread ignoring the cogent points, reading only what you want to read, and thus we've been going around in circles.

13. Captain Randy Hall

>> So much for not reading everything we wrote <<
    I didn’t have to. I could feel the heat from you calling me a “dickhead” while saying I’m childish and that I over-react to things.

>> I never said we wouldn't have anything ready. If you go back and take the time to read (carefully) what I posted, you will see that I actually said that we could be releasing our first batch of episodes any day or any week now. I just can't give you a precise date because I don't know the precise date. You are, again misconstruing my words.<<
    Your group hasn’t produced any new projects since last September, and you “could” be releasing stuff “any day or any week now.” If you can’t narrow it down to a reasonable deadline, you’re entering the “Exeter Zone,” where grandiose promises are made but somehow, they never quite happen. I’m better at being a reporter than a psychic.

>> Honestly, I don't know that I want our production in any way associated with the hamfisted, childish claptrap you're running here, especially if you're going to be such a rude dickhead about this.<<
    And I’m the one who over-reacts. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

>>just be honest: you don't like that Potemkin_Prod and I pointed out these (really, honestly) minor errors and now you're punishing us for it. punishing us for it.<<
    Really? How many times have I taken you and PP’s favorite off the list? I have to admit that you guys aren’t helping yourselves by pouring gasoline on a flamefest, but the jury’s still out on whether or not it’s worth the grief of dealing with two items out of a list of better than the dozen or so others that usually if not always can give at least a guesstimate of when a release is coming.

>> Then again, you've spent the entirety of this thread ignoring the cogent points, reading only what you want to read, and thus we've been going around in circles.<<
    I’ve responded to your questions. It’s just that you don’t like the answers. I still don’t know how a fan film goes from rating itself EXPLICIT to GENERAL while leaving the EXPLICIT ones online. And I must have misplaced my crystal ball to tell me when a project that hasn’t released anything in the past 9 months or so will suddenly appear.

And I don’t blame anyone who’s read this thread over the past couple of days and went somewhere else that doesn’t require asbestos clothing or goggles. This is not what I had in mind when I started these threads (obviously), but we'll see how long it lasts from here.

While I hate dragging Barbreader into this, if what you want is to be included in a list with no time constraints, check out her Star Trek Reviewed site at startrekreviewed.blogspot.com.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  14. doubleohfive

You know Randy, this last post of yours is entirely emblematic of the real problem you have here.

It's not me or Potemkin or anyone else. It's your unfailing inability to address the points being raised.

You had no problem answering everything in my last post that you could get away with answering and still play the victim of this piece. Yet you completely ignored my third paragraph where I again took the time to explain what the deal was with our release schedule. Here it is again, in case your little ol' dialup won't let you scroll up:

From the first post in this thread, posted by YOU:

So, you want to focus on new projects, including audio. Well looky here, Lost Frontier is an audio project, and it's got new episodes coming out soon!

And from the second post in this thread, also posted by YOU:

... so these productions are ok to be listed with "NO RELEASE DATE GIVEN" but Lost Frontier isn't, despite the irrefutable fact that I have repeated over and over again that Lost Frontier may well begin releasing it's episodes this week. Or it could start on the 4th of July. Or Maybe not till August.

You are exploiting a minor irrelevancy (because you likely have no true appreciation for the quality control and process involved with producing an audio drama) to service your overarching incredulity, again, 'just to stick it to us.'

I said it before -- you're as transparent as saran wrap with this charlatan behavior.

If you're going to remove Lost Frontier, or not include it solely because of the logic you listed above, not only are you being a hypocrite toward us, you're also doing it in full public view of anyone who can fire a few neurons and connect the dots while reading this thread. You're playing favorites, and it's obvious as hell.

15. Potemkin_Prod

That explains much. You don't answer questions or valid points or understand even the simplest of things simply because you didn't bother to read them in the first place. The fact of the matter is that you keep repeating the mantra of "Their website said it was explicit!" when the evidence of your own post points to a site that says GENERAL CONTENT. You don't bother reading rebuttals or criticisms, and you don't bother visiting the websites you've linked. That's really irresponsible.

Note to Double-Oh: He's saying he's going to blacklist us for daring to criticize him.

Then you must have had it two weeks ago when you posted the announcement and linked to the GENERAL site in your posting here which proclaimed the production as "WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT." Or do you not understand that "GENERAL CONTENT" is not "EXPLICIT CONTENT"? Or did you simply not read the posts which explained that? Or did you simply not even visit the site in question WHICH YOU LINKED TO.

What purpose did you have in mind other than repeating Barbreader's website info here?

I'm pretty sure that's where you get your information for this thread and several others anyways. I'd recommend everyone check out her site: Star Trek Reviewed instead of wasting their time in this thread.

Me? I'd planned on ignoring this thread, but Mister Hall keeps bringing up complaints about my arguments in his exchange with Double-Oh. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some bridge partitions to mount next to their stations...

16. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Star Trek:The Romulan Wars is releasing new episodes starting June 29th.
    These episodes will be availible to download at www.stromulanwars.com

17. doubleohfive

The most ironic part about all of this is, two years ago, Randy, you were making suggestions to other posters for their lists too. And you know what happened? The person compiling the list handled the suggestion maturely as an adult.

Link

Here's another similar example, this time straight from someone directly associated with the production in question:

Link

One of the great things about the fan film community here is that when you get people on the same page and everyone understands that we all have the same goal in mind, these kinds of things don't get so overly blown out of proportion, as exampled here.

You and I, however, have failed in that same interaction over the last few days. I honestly don't even remember what the big brouhaha is all about anymore. I simply wanted LOST FRONTIER to not be misrepresented.

If you're goal, Randy, is as altruistic as you purport it to be, and all you really want to do is have a concise list of upcoming fan productions, it's a simple fix of just listing Lost Frontier in the 'Release Date Unknown' section.

I am truly, honestly, and sincerely mystified as to why that is so seemingly impossible.

18. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Er... I just read back a few posts, I hadn't been reading all this. I see there is some discussion of Star Trek Reviewed. So, let me make this perfectly clear. Star Trek Reviewed does not even MENTION future releases, and only covers partial releases on the webpage or article about the given fan film group IF the group falls in certain classifications. For example, it does not cover partial releases of Parodies AT ALL because it only lists the groups in alphabetical order with no details.

Speaking of which, Star Track: Idomo will be releasing a multi-part animation this summer. I may break my own rule once it's released in full and give it a headline. What's the point of creating a website if you can't break your own rules? But note that NOWHERE on STR will you find that fact mentioned. Why? Because I don't do futures.

Last August Phase II announced they'd have BAFII ready for Labor Day 2009. They released a not final version for Thanksgiving 2009. They got out their final version in downloadable form (well, there are still technical difficulties) at the beginning of May, 2010. 9 months later. If a couple had begun a baby over the Labor Day weekend because they were disappointed that Phase II had not released their film as planned, the kid could have been born before the final version was downloadable. This isn't me complaining about Phase II. This is me explaining why I don't discuss future releases. These are fan films. They are the ultimate Art for Art's Sake. Love and respect the producers. But don't put a volunteer gift giver who is a total stranger and owes you NOTHING on a deadline.

While the failure to cover parodies may be remedied at some time, and it is my plan to, some day, in the near or distant future, preferably before the arrival of the Vulcans on April 5, 2063, move major parody groups onto their own webpages and start covering full releases, ...well, I'm not doing that yet. I, too, am a volunteer who owes you nothing.

Once a group has it's own webpage, it gets more detailed coverage, like partial releases. However, that is done WITH A WARNING and NO HEADLINE. So that, if you turn to the page on Star Trek Aurora, the page starts with the warning NO COMPLETE FILM IS READY FOR VIEWING. By the way, they also expect to release their last part this summer. And I'll be thrilled when they release it... this summer, next summer, or when the Vulcans arrive.

You cannot eat next year's crop now. You can't do it, even if the climate specialists are expecting an ideal crop year and the crop is planted in great soil with the world's finest seeds (with apologies to Batman and Superman)... you still can't eat that TODAY.

Star Trek Reviewed is about films that are complete and ready-to-watch. It also puts the releases in order. So, if you go to the Exeter website (as I did almost a year ago) innocent of the fact that there is a part missing, you may watch their last film and think (as I did) your computer is broken. I got a new one, it still didn't work. (OK, I didn't but I seriously thought about it and instead I started this website...). If you go to Star Trek Reviewed you are warned about the state of things. Sadly, I was unable to do that, since when I first went to Exeter, I couldn't read my work yet. And I was very pissed about my work not being available, too, I might add.

I hope that makes as little sense as I think it does.

Then there are groups with more minor sins. One I love releases only full films. I enjoyed them NOT in order the first time I watched them. But I enjoyed them A LOT MORE the second time I watched them IN ORDER. Why? Again, the fan film website tells you about the order of release, but does not give you a heads up that the events don't take place in the order of release. That's why it's BETTER to go to Star Trek Reviewed and watch from there. [Name of group deleted out of cowardice!]

I might add that I am preparing an essay for later this month to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Star Trek Reviewed. It was late June of 2009 that I laid out 250 blank pages and named it Star Trek Reviewed. My original tag line was, "Takes Fan Films Seriously." About six months ago this line was dropped on the suggestion of a filmmaker who said it stated the obvious. But it wasn't obvious when all Star Trek Reviewed was was 250 blank pages.

So, in conclusion, this thread does not do what Star Trek Reviewed does. The information here does not, and cannot come from Star Trek Reviewed. Star Trek Reviewed does not cover ANY future release. It also does not headline releases of audio Trek, parodies, crossover fan films, shorts, and many other things. It makes no serious attempt to even list a lot of fan productions. I have found a website with over 1000 works of Star Trek fan fiction. That website is now listed in my area for Fan Fiction. I could never even HOPE to equal it.

Star Trek Reviewed is an indexing website for EXISTING and COMPLETE work. I have recently created a new website to hold old HEADLINES based on requests I have received from people going into combat who will not be able to check in to Star Trek Reviewed every month. I hope the old Headline website will also serve others for whom life gets in the way of Trek.

19. Hudson_uk

Hudson_uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I might have lost the plot here a bit but if I'm right about the main point I'd say my opinion is that Lost Frontier shouldn't be listed as "Mature" or "Adult" content from what I remember.

20. Captain Randy Hall

>>One of the great things about the fan film community here is that when you get people on the same page and everyone understands that we all have the same goal in mind, these kinds of things don't get so overly blown out of proportion, as exampled here.

You and I, however, have failed in that same interaction over the last few days. I honestly don't even remember what the big brouhaha is all about anymore. I simply wanted LOST FRONTIER to not be misrepresented.

If you're goal, Randy, is as altruistic as you purport it to be, and all you really want to do is have a concise list of upcoming fan productions, it's a simple fix of just listing Lost Frontier in the 'Release Date Unknown' section.

I am truly, honestly, and sincerely mystified as to why that is so seemingly impossible.<<

OK, who are you and what have you done with Double? You didn't call me a "dickhead" even once.

Part of the problem is posts like this one:
    >>You are exploiting a minor irrelevancy (because you likely have no true appreciation for the quality control and process involved with producing an audio drama) to service your overarching incredulity, again, 'just to stick it to us.'

I said it before -- you're as transparent as saran wrap with this charlatan behavior.

If you're going to remove Lost Frontier, or not include it solely because of the logic you listed above, not only are you being a hypocrite toward us, you're also doing it in full public view of anyone who can fire a few neurons and connect the dots while reading this thread. You're playing favorites, and it's obvious as hell.<<

Yeah, that kind of treatment always wins me over....

I think it's time for a little examination of why I started this thread (and the previous one as well).