(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

After 2 clear pens turned down in last years playoff with Blackpool and already in 1st leg Tyson was kicked twice in pen box, I wonder did the FA bring in a rule that Forest aren't allowed spot kicks ?

EDIT - Crossbar again FFS someone move it lol

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

While we played crap in the 1st halfs in both leg, we swamped Swansea in 2nd halfs and am sorry but we should of gone through. 3 times he hit the woodwork and 3 pens turned down, handball in injury time and that lead to the following corner and their goal :rolleyes:

Robbed by lady luck and raped by the ref :p and neither brought us any fucking chocolates or flowers.

Billy D gets his tactics wrong again in the playoffs, Earnshaw our best striker left on the bench comes on and scores + hits post. Billy D had a pop at Robbie earlier in season about not scoring enough...

CAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING PLAY HIM

I want Chris Houghton as our boss, come on Nigel Doughty (chariman) pull the plug on him.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Swansea deserved it overall. Forest came into it more in the second half, but largely because Swansea started dropping off too far, too soon.

I did find it odd that you had Earnshaw and Majewski on the bench though. Agent Tudgay missed at least one great chance, and Agent Camp sealed the defeat by going up for the corner.

I can't see Davies being there next season. Billy says that he's still the man for the job but I seriously doubt that Doughty's going to give him another chance.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well Billy's said "I'm going nowhere." Which I think is the problem, Billy...

Billy won't quit, he'll wait to be sacked (possibly engineering it with a few "I haven't been backed" comments.)

I think part of the problem is that nobody in the Forest, ahem, Camp, went into the playoffs with any confidence. I live in Nottingham and know a fair few fans, and none of them, nor any on forums, had any confidence at all, and I think that spread to the team/management/coaching staff/tealadies. You seemed to go into the playoffs expecting to lose (and I can see why) and lo and behold, you did! And now all that Billy can talk about is luck.

Ah well, I'm really looking forward to next season, still Forest and Leicester to play, plus my friends' teams West Ham and Brighton, and I do wonder if Billy will ever get another team promoted?

5. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Billy for West Ham?

Bricking it for tonight now. You can't dangle a bigger stick to spur Cardiff on than an all-Welsh final. Stakes have never been higher. The collapse will never have been from a greater height.

I hate the play-offs!

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah if it is an all Wales final, that's gonna be a hell of a game to lose!

To be honest, and much as I detest the guy, WHAM probably could do worse than Billy, but he isn't as good as people (especially himself) think he is. Somehow I suspect the Hammers will set their sights higher (even if its just Hughton)

7. Angel4576

Could depend on what happens at QPR with Warnock. I think he'd be ideal for WHU. However, with WHU saying that they want to make an appointment in a few weeks I'd imagine that that probably rules Warnock out.

Yeah, I'd say probably Hughton.

I wouldn't mind Cardiff winning tonight. Nothing against them. Beauty of last night's result, I can now look forward to the rest of the playoffs safe in the knowledge that I don't really mind who wins! :lol:

Re the psycological barrier, I agree with that. Having Majewski and Earnie/Boyd on the bench and playing Moussi and Tuday/Tyson was insane.

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Birmingham needs to beat Spurs so Liverpool can win their game and go 5th!!!

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well no all Wales final then!

10. Angel4576

Fooking Bywater - wank where ever he plays.

He'll be coming back to us now....... :mad:

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well you never know Cardiff might still want him...maybe...please...pretty please?

12. HappyDayRiot

You're welcome to him. He's damn lucky it didn't end 0-1 - if it had, I'd have been on the pitch with my shitty plastic fan clapper garroting him.

Howard Webb will have a nice summer holiday on the pay-off from the FA/Met he clearly got to prevent us having a sniff of Wembley. Disgracefully biased refereeing. We didn't get so much as a free-kick inside the Reading half all night, and the penalty shambles... ergh, I can't even think it about yet, it makes my blood boil. And did he keep his yellow cards at home? Oh, no. Thst's right, he kept one until last 5 minutes to book a Cardiff player for doing much what Reading had done repeatedly all evening.

I'm trying not to be bitter - defeat was on the cards as soon as I saw the teamsheet and Reading did well - congratulations to them - but Webb has severely pissed me off.

Next season I hope we tone it down it and build. We're losing at least 6 players back to their parent clubs now, and another 3-4 are out of contract. I think all we have left are the goalkeeper back four (who I like), Darcy Blake (the only Cardiff performer last night), McPhail and Chopra (our only real saleable asset). I'll be happy with an unremarkable mid-table finish. No idea who the manager will be, but I think DJ has gone as far as he can with us now.

Midtable this year would have been fine anyway, but they had to go and get our hopes up. Again.

13. Angel4576

^^ Giving Forest a run for their money......

[​IMG]

14. HappyDayRiot

Yeah, yeah :rolleyes: Given the circumstances I don't think we bottled it this time (just against Boro).

Still reckon Arsenal are bigger bottlers than us though. They're about to come 4th in a 2-horse race!

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Fergie spends too much on a overhyped unproven in the PL keeper

£16 million for a young keeper who is so early into his career he could easily end up being totally average.

I would like to see Fergie get pre deals for next season for players like Phil Jones and Jack Rodwell because they are going to be big ENG players in the future and I would rather them at Utd under Fergie ;) + I think Rio should be sold next summer and Evans is naff.

If he wants Rodwell he is going to have to sell Carrick to make room and you would think Ashley Young and Sneijder are the most likely next buys. He can sell several players and raise quite a bit of money actually to help him make his buys despite the Glazer debt especially the money from winning CL should they beat Barca.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A lovely image of what the ref and linesman did NOT see despite looking at them at the time. Point blank or not, his arms have no right to be in the air like that, FFS looks like hes trying to save the ball John Terry style.

[​IMG]

Never mind Ref, its not like you stopped us from getting to a £50 million match...oh wait you did :rolleyes:

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Looks like he's trying to get out of the way to me!

18. Angel4576

Agreed, you're being far too biased Jax..... ;) :lol:

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A foul does not have to be on purpose, his arms are up so its not ball to hand :p I want the ref burnt at the stake :lol:

20. HappyDayRiot

So Birmingham and Blackpool got relegated (which I called, along with Wigan's win at Stoke). Ironic they could both be in Europe next season, as Blackpool may take the Fair Play spot!