ENTERPRISE SEASON 5 (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Rennick, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennick

Rennick Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekEnterpriseSeason5NetflixCampaign?ref=br_tf

This link will take you to the HQ of a campaign that is currently underway to bring Enterprise back.

The page contains all kinds of information. Plus some amazing renderings of ship refits.

They update regularly, and they also provide info on how to send an email or snail mail to Netflix.

Let your voice be heard, 'like' the page, and let's give Enterprise and her crew the proper finish she deserved.

Even if you did not like Enterprise, at the end of the day, it is still Star Trek, and we all like Star Trek.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty sure someone pointed out this particular project was dead months ago (Brannon Braga?). Plus, Abrams is on record that CBS has no interest in producing another Trek series at this time.

EDIT: Here's a whole thread devoted to the subject.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well who knows.. dead today, someone's bright idea tomorrow!

We can always hope. And like.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season 5: The adventures of the NX-01 Enterprise model which Marcus swooshes around his office between staff meetings.

5. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

It was never alive. That is the whole point. Let's try to make it a reality. Maybe with some time it will get some life. I would enjoy a season/year from Netflix like 6-8 episodes a season. Those renders there are trying to prove exact the point that it can be done for little money, and the cast is interested. Even if the cast is engaged in other projects a 6 episode/season could be done in less than two months (without pre- and post-production, just filming time) and it could be squeezed in their schedule, but truth to be told they aren't that busy right now :)

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Firefly is far more popular than Enterprise was, and they couldn't get a Netflix revival. Sci-fi is just too expensive

(unless you want it to look like this:
    [​IMG])

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

If Peter Weller agreed to it, that would be an awesome webisode series. :lol:

8. teacake

Firefly looked a helluva lot more expensive than Star Trek though.

But yeah, depressing thought.

9. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

There's just no interest. The less-than-stellar blu-ray sales certainly wouldn't justify such a project.

10. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

The lack of a Firefly revival is more about availability then budget and isn't Netflix making a scifi show right now?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

They're producing at least ten episodes of a series called Sens8. Almost nothing is know about it, as far as I know, except for the talent involved (JMS and the Wachowski siblings) and this brief description:

They certainly have the budget to produce science fiction (word is that David Fincher pushed the per episode budget of House of Cards "way above" $4.5 million), but they haven't released anything in the sf direction yet AFAIK.

12. teacake

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that. I hope it isn't a wank.

What is the availability problems with Firefly?

It would be great to get a 13 episode season of Enterprise (or any Trek). Just one big story arc.

13. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Everyone is busy, Joss is making comic book movies for the next several years and Nathan Fillion is doing Castle.

14. teacake

Those jerks.

15. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Considering Enterprise is a prequel to the new movies, I'd think there would be more possibility of something being done with it than any other classic Trek show.
    I never thought it would come back though. I'd be happy with some other reboot show. It would probably be a reboot era space station series, a 23rd century DS9. It would be cheaper to be able to set more of the series in a space station instead of having to go to different planets all the time. That sounds pretty good I think. I'd be happy with most any Trek tv series though. I'd love a reboot TNG if we can't have the original universe back.

16. teacake

I want the Romulan war. In 13 episodes. High quality, great sets, snappily written, dramatic single story arc.

17. Rennick

Rennick Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Me too -- and that is basically what they (ENT campaign) wants to do (if it happens).

The Romulan War is the biggest story arc, as well as, one of the most pivotal parts of Trek history, in my opinion. Thus, it deserves to be told.

18. teacake

I think they are still holding onto that damn war for a big screen movie.

LET IT GO FREE

19. Saganistheman

Saganistheman Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am absolutely fed up with ABC, NBC, CBS....etc. I am more interested in the productions, and quality of productions, from places like AMC or HBO and Showtime.

What if Star Trek were in the hands of AMC and their production quality? I think people in general would embrace Star Trek moving to a cable production rather than leave the series in network limbo (who are more interested in reality/bullshit TV).

20. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

CBS owns TV Star Trek and that's not going to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.