supernatural 8x18 "Taxi Driver" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

New episode tonight, good people. :techman:

Looks to be a particularly sad one. Something to do with Bobby. :(

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

God, I miss Bobby. I hope this is a good one.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're not the only one.

This episode delivered the goods in a big, big way. Crowley at his most evil, Naomi at her most "genuine", and that reveal in the cell had me whooping like a madman at my TV screen. Great episode.

And in three weeks: Felicia Day in an eyepatch(?)!

4. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

This was as far the best episode since the fracas of the Leviathan story line. I actually felt sorry for Dean asking Benny what he did. But for Sam to acknowledge what happened was a positive turning point in the brothers future,......I hope.

5. auntiehill

This WAS pretty good, wasn't it? It was good to see Bobby again, however briefly and good to see Benny again, too. They both got a good send off.

I like Naomi and Crowley having a stand-off and that first scene---crikey! That was harsh.

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Good episode.

Only critic I have is that getting into purgatory, into hell and back again seemed a little too easy.
    The place felt smaller than Mordor in Peter Jackson's theatrical cut of Return of the King.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Things are always way too easy on Supernatural. Look how easy it was to convince the kids that their hunter mentor was up to no good. They just happen to walk in on him and a vampire as they're about to kill Sam.

How many times have the bad guys used their powers to simply push Sam and Dean against the wall rather than snap their necks instantly?

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean you didn't think it was realistic that Sam wandered into hell went through 4 or 5 cells and suddenly found Bobby? You gotta figure the odds are what? There's billions of souls condemned to hell I'd suppose...

Then it just so happens that in the entire wide spanse of Purgatory Benny runs into some of his old crew when he's been there all of five minutes?

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

To be fair, there was 24 hours of time that passed on Earth. While time in Purgatory is roughly equal to Earth's, Hell's is much, much slower. 'Course that doesn't explain how he managed to maneuver through it all without running into a single demon up until he found Bobby... But time, at least, isn't a big problem. Relatively, anyway.

10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Hell, were we supposed to know who that girl was who kept saying she was praying? they gave us a nice long look at her, including her face, and I was curious if we were supposed to know who she was. Or was she just there to pluck at Sam's heartstrings?

11. auntiehill

^I wondered about that, too. Was she just there to up the creepy factor, or is she someone we are supposed to know or maybe will see again?

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sam was an asshole.

It's a magic secret door damned souls have been using for the last million years to duck between two really horrible places... AND HE LEAVES THE MAGIC DOOR WIDE OPEN!!!

What about the next guy?

The next guy is fucked becuase Sam left the magic door wide open and Crowly or one of his minions is going to find it and seal the fucker up.

Oh.

Is Sam going though all this shit to seal Hell, or to seal the gates, as in the front door to hell. Which means there's still the back door, windows and mouseholes like we saw in this episode... So did Sam want Crowley to lock this mousehole for him so that locking the gates actually means something?

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has this ever been posted in a Supernatural thread? :D

[​IMG]