Was one of 7's eyes Prosthetic?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Jan 19, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So here's the EMH holding a chunk of 7's head as he fiddles with a Borg tech implant in Timeless. He has dug this chunk out of the presumably now defrosted 7.. maybe she wasn't defrosted when he started sawing up her face which would make it easier to cut precisely but he's been at it for a while now so this chunk of 7's face is definitely defrosted. In fact upon close inspection it appears that we are looking at bone, metal, techno thing and eye. So he may well have scraped all the flesh off the better to work with but the eye is still there!

The eye must be a prosthetic one. Is her other one prosthetic? Is that why Borg vision is so twisty? Why would the Borg bother with stuff like eye color? Why would they bother matching it to her other eye? Is this why 7's eyes are so big, because they are prosthetics?

[​IMG]

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I thought she had one real one and one Doc one?. He seemed enormously proud of his handiwork. But I'm clubbed out and snowed up so brain iz not woking.

3. teacake

You should lay off that stuff lurok, it is bad for you.

And yes you are correct. I am being dim and starting a redundant thread. When she showed up she had one eye visible and one prosthetic metal structure which presumably the EMH replaced with a nice, matching prosthetic eye. Why did I not remember this.. I am a bad VOY fan.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

In full Borg mode during Scorpion II, her left eye had this maybe three inch long device covering it, so her beautified left eye could have been fake.

Now the next question is, did she have chest implants?

5. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Hahaha I think she has, because it is helpful that when you fall you land softly :)

Another question, was there a reason why she wears a catsuit?

6. teacake

Borg armor is very close fitting. 7 would not be comfortable wafting about in civilian dress, she needs to feel swaddled. The catsuit swaddles.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aye.

8. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I wonder if the Borg had x-ray vision? Or is that an upgrade?

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Ratings. Which explains why T'Pol also wore won on ENT.

Though originally Seven's attire was explained as helping with the dermal regeneration process, and you could see outlines of some sort of odd wiring beneath the cloth.

I liked the silver suit the best, but the high collar lreportedly put pressure on Ryan's carotid artery and nearly cause fainting spells. She didn't mind showing off her shape (God bless her), but didn't want to show a lot of skin.

11. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The real question is did *Picard*? (Based on the FC nightmare)

12. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

That was just a nightmare, it didn't actually happen that way with his assimilation (since he clearly still had both eyes as Locutus).

Seven's costume was explained that the Borg implants that couldn't be removed were messing up her skin regeneration so the suit helped.

13. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, yes you are. :p

The prosthetic eye is how Seven saw the aliens doing experiments on the crew in "Scientific Method".

The Borg Queen mentions she enhanced it further in "Dark Frontier".