PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

From my experience with my husband's vegetable garden, there's a 0.2 millisecond window between the beans not being ripe for picking and the pods being too tough for my taste. My husband likes them, though, so I boil the living daylights out of the suckers (the beans, not my husband, at least not most days) and drown them in gravy.

Ever had broad beans? Very yummy.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Heya! :D No, I added nothing - was just thinking that your "Out there... thataway" sig line somehow worked as a caption to your pic of St. Paul's because I still had it in mind as I clicked through the thumbnail to look at the full-size image. If that makes no sense, don't worry about it - my mind is a weird place sometimes.

It didn't even occur to me that it might have been taken upside-down, but if that's what it took to get the shot, then the result obtained says it must have been the right approach. I like the light/shadow contrasts. :techman:

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So far Manhattan is pretty nice. I like that I haven't had to use a car yet. And I know what you mean about photo ops. I just wish I had the time!

So I went to get a bottle of wine for dinner tonight since we have a very special guest coming and this bottle caught my eye. It's like it was made for me and this occasion!

[​IMG]

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Dunno if I already posted it...

[​IMG]

6. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

^Your facial hair and sideburns really go with the look!

Oh! Receiving you loud and clear now... makes sense, absolutely! I think it was me rather than you, I was posting at a very odd hour, and I think the majority of my brain was already asleep!

My camera doesn't have a flip out screen, so I had to half lay on the steps, in an upside down position! I thought about whether to go for one with the rotating screen, but then I though that's for lazy people! ...but I would have payed the difference on that occasion!

Funny how the grass is always greener, isn't it... and I often long for the convenience of a car on the doorstep, but with parking what it is, total liability as things are!

Is that for real!? Fantastic! And what a bright room that is! Or is your 50mm just that good? I would totally buy my handle if I saw it, even though I do not drink. I would display it! Did you buy another to keep?

My adventures yesterday along the canals... Autumn seems to be setting in already!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full of "little" houses like this facing the water... I suppose there's a reason they call it Little Venice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I did adjust the brightness a tiny bit but the room is pretty bright so it pretty much looked like this out of the camera. We have two big windows on two different walls which provide lots of good natural light. I really do love my 50mm.

I didn't actually buy a second bottle but the store I bought it from is just around the corner from my place so I can always get another!

8. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Grazie!

9. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Oh, it's an hilariously odd series. The combo of James Spader And William Shatner is...sublime, to say the least. In any case I was referring to recurring character on that show says stuff like "You're a hoot, that's what you are!" a lot :lol:
    Absolutely. And I don't understand the "ruined" argument in your case at all, seeing as your tattoos are very tasteful. At least the ones I've seen.

10. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Je vous en prie!

(Is that correct? Sounds a little formal!)

Did you notice much difference when you upgraded your camera?

If it's tasty... you might end up having to replace it, right, because you "need one to keep"... hehe.

11. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

I was hoping someone would have gone with "That hat makes you look like an idiot."

It serves the same purpose as the original Jayne Cobb hat that was made out of yarn, it makes my enemies fear me in battle. Mine, however, is chainmail, so it makes me look extra-nerdy, and therefore extra fearsome.

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I had to quote Wash's line. :D

13. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Moody Philadelphia City Hall:

[​IMG]

Cool Philly gargoyle eagles:

[​IMG]

City Hall framed by some trees from Love Park:

[​IMG]

Colorful fountain in the Willow Grove Park Mall:

[​IMG]

Old Philly church steeple:

[​IMG]

Looking up to Billy Penn:

[​IMG]

Neat skies over the west wing of the art museum:

[​IMG]

14. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

WOW, Philadelphia City Hall is one seriously overdecorated building! -luv it! :bolian: (and -in particular- your branch-framed picture of it :) )

But, erhm, you do know that those aren't actually gargoyles...

15. Ruaidhri

Yeah, it's more like random statuary, but they have a gargoyle-like vibe to me. ;)

16. trekkiedane

17. Ruaidhri

Very cool, I did not know that! Thanks for the link!

18. trekkiedane

I didn't know that either, well not before I saw it on QI :lol:

19. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if common usage would preclude that, at least to people outside the architectural field? Do a google image search on "gargoyle", and most of them are not water spouts.

20. laika

laika Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

So I finally just got myself caught up on this thread and I see there was some discussion about my pic that kinda branched off into a discussion about peoples' opinions about body modification in general.. I'm so glad my stupid little picture sparked so much controversy! hahaha....anyways, just wanna say: I'm not offended by peoples' opinions ;) ...and furthermore, if I do find myself offended or insulted, I try to let go of those feelings within myself...it's my issue, not theirs. I'm pretty comfortable with the way I look.. I've had all of my piercings and all of my tattoos for years now and they are part of me. What other people think really doesn't concern me one way or the other. But on that note, thanks for the compliments too! Compliments are always nice, makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;)