Anger or Sadness

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain McBain, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Windows_Me_Guy

Windows_Me_Guy Ensign Newbie

Sadness 1. Spock leaving Zarabeth in "All Our Yesterdays" Anger 1. "Kkkhhhaaaaann!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Kirk in Wrath of Kahn

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought that what really sells that scene is Shatner's soft "No..." at the end.

3. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

Anger: Stewart in First Contact: "this far, no further!

Brooks' "it's real" scene, on the other hand, was a moment of pure narm: really couldn't hold back a chuckle.

4. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't remember anyone mentioning this, but Jim Kirk's birth in Star Trek 09.

5. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

Even though the Aldeans stole the Enterprise children, I actually felt bad for Radue when he was nearly brought to tears at the conclusion of the episode.

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

In "Who Mourns for Adonais", Michael Forest's performance when he announces there is no room left for gods. His portrayal of sadness hits the mark.

7. Devo

Devo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

England, Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant
    It's a FAAAAAKE!!

8. Spockkirk

Spockkirk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

1. Spock's anger in Amok time and when he strangles Kirk after his mom dies

2. Kirk's pain when Spock dies. He doesn't even move from his spot on the floor.....

3. The naked time

4. When McCoy is dying

9. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Anger - Kirks KKKHHHAAAAAAAAAAANNNN scream in TWOK.

Sadness - Picard in Generations or Kirk in TSFS when is son is killed by the Klingons.

10. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely my two favorites from Sisko. The seething rage he had was moving.

I'd also add:

Others mention Kirk's "Khan!' anger, and his sadness after both Spock and David die. Totally agree! I'd add Kirk's eulogy of Spock "His was the most...human," speech, and "Let's get the hell out of here," in City on the Edge of Forever.

Picard's "...And I will make them pay!" speech.

Spock touching the door after his mother leaves, after refusing to turn command over to Scotty, in Journey to Babel gets me every time.

Yes it is way over acted, but how can you not mention Spock mind-melding with the horta? "Pain!'

When Riker is forced to kill Yuta in Vengeance Factor you can tell he is sad, but holding it in.

Whenever Dukat was enraged...too many to list.
    Dukat when Zial dies

Data's non-emotional sadness when Laal dies, and when he deactivates Lore for the final time.

When Worf kills Duras.