Inception - on DVD/ BR now

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I jut got it from Wal-Mart

Great film, my favorite of the year. However, I have always believed that its emotional story plays second for the viewer than the need to examine the intricate layers of its structure.
    I also don't think they need to deliver exposition so close to the end of the film. Page's character is a vehicle for exposition only, both receiving it on the audience's behalf, then delivering it at the climax of the film.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep I'm looking forward to this. My mom is getting me the Limited Edition Blu-Ray Case for Christmas. Actually I would give even more importance to Page's character Ariadne than you do for the very fact that she is meant to help guide Cobb out of his own trap that he has been stuck in. I would also disagree about the importance of the emotional context of the story. It's just as importance and crucial in my view in understanding all of the character's relationships and importance as is figuring out the layers of the Inception it's self.

3. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm so excited about getting this. It's on my xmas wish list and my daughter said she'd be picking it up for me. The problem with that is that i wont be able to watch until xmas!

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Just bought my BD of it. Anyone know what this sticker on the front of the lenticular box cover is? The one with the totem on it telling me to text a picture to a number/eMail?

For what purpose? Just to do it?

5. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't manage to get to see it in the theaters, been eagerly awaiting this! :D

6. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just picked it up on Blu-Ray. A very helpful Best Buy employee just price-matched the store's $24.99 price to the web site's much better $17.99 for me. It's like getting the DVD version free. :)

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine shipped from Amazon yesterday. I got the DVD/Blue Ray/ Digital Copy combo pack. I can watch it anywhere.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Target today has the bluray combo pack on sale for $17.99. Amazon lowered their price to $17.99 as well

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Target is where I got my DVD/BD/DDL version for $18.00.

:)

10. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I'm not in a big hurry but I will pick this up for sure sometime before the New Year. My favorite movie of 2010 by far.

11. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:confused:

Did we watch the same film?

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had to place an order for this so I'm still waiting for it to arrive:

[​IMG]

13. hamudm

hamudm Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picking my briefcase up this evening :)

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Amazon is offering free standard shipping, as well. That's where I'm getting mine.

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I guarantee you that, when you watch it again, you till be more keen on examining the structure and foreshadowing than you will on the emotional story between Dom and Moll, which is accentuated by the fact that Moll isn't a character, really...

16. Admiral_Young

Both of these facets are intertwined with each other though...maybe they weren't important to you but they're still important to the film structure as anything else in the film and I've seen the film multiple times.

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sure they are both important. I never said they weren't. however, I believe that when the structure seems to be more important to the viewer than the emotional story. Even people that praise the film say that moll is more of a cypher than a character, and despite flashbacks, the emotional of their story is one that we are told about by Dom and w don't actually experience it too much. However, the viewer is experience the little tricks the film plays with layer and structure and narrative, so naturally we are more involved in that.

18. Admiral_Young

You're saying that you are more involved in that and are making an assumption that others will be as well based on your viewpoint. I'm saying I wasn't. I was equally involved in both aspects of the film. The emotional core of the film combined with the structure of the film and it's multifaceted layers. It's okay that we disagree :)

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Good movie. I understood it. The level of the dream and time progressing longer and longer as you go down was intriguing.

It might take a few more viewings to get the smaller stuff. I guess i'd better dig deeper ;)

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Got my briefcase. It's A LOT smaller than the Blade Runner briefcase.