Favourite iconic Trek moment

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by indolover, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Your most liked iconic moment in Trek canon

1. First interracial kiss on mainstream US TV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Khaaaan!!

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. I am Locutus of Borg. Your life as you know it is over. From this moment forth, you shall service u

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. There..are...four...lights!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. It's a faaake!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It's reaal!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The line must be here! This far, no further!!

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Spock's death in The Wrath of Khan

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  9. Other moment I've missed out

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

Regarding the iconic moments in Trek canon, which is your favourite?

2. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For me, a toss-up between all the Picard entries and the "It's real!!" one. I have to give the vote to the Locutus one because of how crazy that and the scenes surrounding it were and how monumental it was in-universe.

3. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

It was a toss up between "Khaaaan", "The Line is drawn here..." and "You Klingon bastards killed my son". However, I went with Khaaan because it makes me smile every time I hear it.

4. Damask

Damask Commander Red Shirt

The shot at the end of DS9s "Call to Arms".

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kirk, on motorbike, takes a good look at the USS Enterprise under construction in the Iowa shipyard before enlisting in Starfleet.

(yes, I know the ship is only half as big in this scene as it is in all the others. It's still awesome!)

6. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Very tough. I finally voted Spock's death over Locutus. After watching a Shatner intervew on DVD about that scene I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. He wanted to change the scene so that Nemoy would be behind a opaque screen and only his shadow could be seen when the two of them touch hands on the glass. In other words, another one of those "Let's make the scene all about me" moments for Shatner. So now when I see the scene I think "No wonder so many of Shatner's costars talk about him taking their lines and their best scenes." Of course, the directors said no. In the interview Shatner really seems not to understand why they said no to that suggestion.

7. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

I liked the scene when the young Kirk looked at the Enterprise being built very iconic even it was in last years Star Trek film.

8. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

I voted for Locutus, too. If the next part, "Mr. Worf. Fire." had its own listing I would have chosen that.

9. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would include the reveal of the Enterprise in drydock in TMP.

For everything there is a first time, and THAT was one tremendous first time to see the Enterprise in big widescreen glory. As far as visual impact and wonder in ST, that moment hasn't been topped.

10. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

The tribbles falling out of the storage bins onto Captain kirk.

11. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

This. I think when it was first broadcast I was too young to understand the magnitude of what was going on. Then I saw it as a re-run for the first time years later and was blown away. That line from Riker and the over-the-top "SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN" musical sting after it rocked my world. Definitely the first (but thankfully not last :D) big "HOLY SHIT" moment in my long history of Star Trek watching.

12. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hear, hear.

13. THE_FETT

THE_FETT Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This one is good for me.

Also the scene in the new movie where the Enterprise is rising out of Titan's atmosphere with Saturn looming in the background- that scene was just awesome.

14. WHF

WHF Captain Captain

Captain Kirk in Return to Tomorrow: "Risk... Risk is our business. That's what this starship is all about. That's why we're aboard her."

15. Evil Person

Evil Person Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I voted Locutus of borg, simply because it was a very moving line, and shocking the first time i saw it. I also liked the "They attack ships, we fall back, they attack entire colonies, we fall back, no not again, the line must be drawn here, no further"

I also liked the end of voyager end game, and also the end of Enterprise, The best scean in Enterprise, were the captains all say the thing together, you know i bet he signed of for archer thinking he would get to say the These are the voyages, and only get to say "To boldly go were no one has gone before" Oh another part i liekd was at the end of "All Good Things" were picard sits down, looks around troi says "Whats wrong" and picard is like "I should have done this a long time ago" Star Trek has some awsome moments in it.

16. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Kelvin scene at the beginning of Star Trek 2009. This is the most iconic scene in all 40+ years of Trek, IMO.

17. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked "The line must be drawn here..." It's a fantastic scene. But Spock's death was a CLOSE second. I'll also agree wtih the drydock scene from TMP. On my own, I'll mention Enterprise's desctruction from TSFS.

Yes, Star Trek is made up of moments, and Star Trek has had some incredible moments!

18. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I'm questioning that 'first interracial kiss' on mainstream television option....

Is that referring to the Kirk/Elaan kiss on 'Elaan of Troyius'?

19. Tiberius

Kirk and Uhura on Plato's stepchildren.

20. Tiberius

The "The Way You Look Tonight" bit in DS9 gets me teary every time.