If the Federation fought the ori with Earth, who would win?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by kent, Feb 8, 2009.

1. kent

kent Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I"m always interested in other types of sci-fi going up against the Federation. And you don't have to limit it to the Ori, it can be the Wraith, Star Wars, Andromeda, it's a general question.

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Ori would win even if you fought then with a planet. The Ori are magic ascended beings and have many funky powers. Ascended beings can individually defend an entire planet from assault from space, they can wipe out an entire civilisation and many other funky powers. In power terms they are somewhat similar to the Q, the Feds wouldn't stand a chance.

Against the Followers of Ori the Federation would have trouble due to their faster starships. Their ships are also heavily shielded. They are commanded by men/women with magic powers as well. The Priors could possibly take out a Galaxy class on their own. They also have the resources of an entire galaxy to face the Federation, they also convert others to their cause to bolster their numbers and powers.

The Wraith on the other hand have vast numbers but their ships aren't shielded. Nukes can mess them up so photon torpedoes would mess them up. In the end it they might be simply able to overwhelm the Federation with numbers like their did the more advanced Ancients.

Star Wars - the resources of an entire galaxy would beat the Federation with just pure numbers. Not going to go into the lasers argument as that is really bases on your own personal opinion.

Never really watched Andromeda but didn't the old empire in that span 3 galaxies? Numbers again.

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd put my money on the Vorlons.

4. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    My vote will go to the Goa'uld. The Hak'taks will tear through Starfleet and the Alpha Quadrant will have new Gods to bow down to.:evil:

5. asdf1

asdf1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Mirror Universe Dalek-Cybermen Alliance would reign supreme!

6. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I have always wonderd which side would win in an all out war. The FEDERATION of the late 2300's or the Earth Aliance from Babylon 5. The OMEGA class alone looks like it has a ton O firepower, Plus it's about 4 TIMES! the size of a Galaxy class vessal. Also those New Earth capital ships like the WARLOCK class, have a HELL of a payload! As far as weapons or concerned. Plus it has SHADOW TECH!