STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I'm not even trying for the ship. Perhaps next year. I'll be happy just getting the accolades and shades. :-)

Buy disco balls for use later. Learn the Samba and Samba Adv. Go roof hopping and bug the Klingons. Just explore the island. Fly up as high as you can, turn off your floater then see if you can turn it on again just before impact (even if you flug it up, you won't die). Works best if you drop in on a crowd of players. :-P

2. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

I'm just working for the ship on most of my characters, and trying to get eggs on occasion if I'm not doing something else (easiest way to get a bunch of Nukara marks, even if it takes a few days). Between work and school, I don't have much time to play some days, so sometimes it's just doing the race.

Too bad that they nerfed the disco ball. I was going to buy a lot before the end for some fun dancing cease-fires.

3. Rocketeer

Oh, it that what the patch is about. The disco ball is too powerful?!? What has the world come to...

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Mainly, it was to fix the nukara tribble not having a cooldown and thus was giving out way too much nukara marks.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I took a look at the events calendar last night, and RSVPed as a "maybe." I'm going to try to make sure I'm available when that day comes.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That, and it took them until yesterday to make the Summer Event Tribble not have the Winter Event candy cane stripes...

7. Rocketeer

Doc Lee was a 2wk VA that I created so he's lacking in actually episode experience. Started working on the Klingon episodes this weekend. :-) He also acquired a Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel to play with. Started putting extra equipment onto it but it's still in dock. Having fun flying the Oberth for now.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dilithium Mine upgrade is open to contribution now. The good news, we don't need any dilithium to do that. The bad news, we have to put in a shitload of dilithium mine provisions which cost fleet credits.

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I was wondering recently, would it be possible for the project that is the "Fleet Priority" to be mentioned somewhere in game? Instead of having the usual welcome message that zips across the screen when you log in, maybe? There's so many things between the starbase, embassy and now mine to work on we might move things along better if we're more specific about goals.

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I haven't been in-game all that much lately, so I haven't earned much dilithium to contribute to the projects. I do, however, have a decent amount of fleet credits that I'd be more than willing to put towards dilithium mine provisions to make up a little for what I couldn't contribute in dilithium.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know you can sell the costume boxes on the exchange for like 2-3 million credits.

Oh and the 1000 favor floater is nice, it seems faster than the bog standard one.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

hadn't thought of actually buying the costumes and then selling those. will have to check into prices and see what they're going for. The price for favors is falling, so not making much just selling them straight-up anymore. Was getting a pretty standard 500k for 100 favors for a week or two, nice refill of the bank...

Got the 1000 floater immediately. Bought the cheap one so I could stop renting, grinded for about 1/2 the favors, bought the rest at a good price (around 3k/per), and once I had the floater, went back to grinding and selling at 5k/per. Not a bad shortcut, and came out way ahead.

13. Rocketeer

Seems to be a lack of interest in playing with the Lt level ships at this time, so I'll cancel that event. May try again in Sept.

In real life, the move to Wiesbaden is occupying most of my time. I'll be low key until the end of August.

14. Timelord Victorious

We are generally in a slow patch atm.
    I suspect many are only logging in for the Risa daily (as am I, will get the ship today).
    Otherwise I tend to log in more into TOR atm.
    It's good to have options to prevent burnout.

15. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!

I've mostly been focusing on leveling my Romulans, though I haven't been on a lot lately, mostly in bits and spurts, as some real life stuff takes precedence. Plus, the weather has been nicer and I'm spending some time outside.

I haven't spent a single second in the summer event. Didn't hold any appeal for me, even the Corvette. I'd probably never use it, unlike the Chel Grett, which was the main vessel for my Gorn for 6 months.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I tweaked the welcome note, assume the current priorities are getting the DIL Mine to level 1, doing the SEC officer for the starbase? After that, let me know and I'll update it to give people a pointer to focus on...

17. Timelord Victorious

The Sec Officer is basically just a cheap placeholder for the base upgrade until we are eligible for the first discount so people don#t dump their dilithium into a very expensive non-discounted project.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That's the push then: everyone run a couple events that award Fleet Marks, and finish Level 1 of the Dil Mine. Everything gets slightly cheaper after that, so good reward...

19. Timelord Victorious

The discount is including every dilithium store except personal reputation. So good deal for everybody to save dilithium everywhere.

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

We're about 400 Fleet Marks short at the moment, so if everyone can run a quick PVE mission or two, should get there. Or if anyone is farming the birds from the summer event, just pick Fleet Marks vice whatever you've been cashing them in for one time, and we're good. I've been running a bunch of quick missions, and almost got it filled up, but we can knock this out in a few minutes if a couple more people run a mission...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.