How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Not just sounds like; he made it pretty clear she was INDEED the big mistake.

But I'm not sure waiting around for the rest of the season for the wedding to happen is going to be that much fun. I used to really like this show, but it's not that funny after all these years. It's a bit played out.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's dating a bunny boiler.

Something awful has to happen.

Oh god.

Have we done the goat yet?

She's going to boil his goat!

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorite bit: "Not only can they remember exactly which Tim Hortons they were in, but what kind of donut they were eating" :guffaw:

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It was a pretty decent episode. Like others, I do think the show is starting to wear out it's welcome. But if they do get to the mother this season and have next season be about Ted getting to know (and eventually marrying) the mother, then I'll forgive it.

5. Guy Gardener

UNLESS!

The kids have two different mothers!

So, Old-Ted says tot he boy... "Well that's how I met your mother" and then he turns to the girl and says "And this is how I met your Mother."

I loved it on House when Taub double babymommaded.

Is Ted anyless tragic?

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see a How I Met Your Father, with her telling the story to the kids. And Barney is a regular, because he banged all her friends and collegues.

7. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm thinking there will be some off the wall gimmick just like that to stretch the story one more year. I still don't think we'll meet the Mother on this season's finale. Maybe Ted will go back and say, "I forgot to tell you this story!" and "This is a really important part that happened several years back, but I saved it until the end."

I really liked this week's episode. One of the coolest parts was when Barney yelled "It's Robin Sparkles IV ya'll!!!!!"

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Another excellent episode, but the Robin Sparkles song wasn't nearly as funny as the other ones.

9. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

The fun in it this time was that it was essentially an Alanis Morrissette riff, primarily "You Oughta Know". Thematically it sounds identical.

The Dave Coulier bit was key, since that song was supposedly written about him as well.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I loved that bit when Coulier did his cut-it-out joke and Older Ted deadpanned, "I always loved that joke." :lol:

11. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I loved that too. There were so many good one liners in this one.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

"You Oughta Know" was about Dave Coulier?!?!?!?!?!

13. tighr

That's the rumor. Coulier and Morrissette had a thing shortly before she hit it big with that album, but neither has ever confirmed that the song is definitively about him.

Coulier is just riffing on the rumor in the episode. "Why does everyone always assume its about me?"

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I thought it was the best episode in a long time.

I was laughing the entire way through the whole Under the Tunes bit.

15. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the episode as well, but I have to wonder, if Robin Sparkles was such a big deal in Canada, why isn't she a fucking millionaire at least?

16. Guy Gardener

Exchange rate?

Although, look at her dad, he's obviously nearly a billionaire so it's not like she has a hundred grand in student loans above her head like every one else... How did Barney go from white trash to Business school graduate... His brother turned out well too? Are Barney and James super geniuses applying to all the right schollarships?

I can't think of a time where Robin has ever been short of cash, even if she doesn't still have her Robin Sparkles money, she's still got her daddy/family money, but she could be a multimultimulti millionaire and just never mentioned it.

Do you think of Paul Shaffer as a multi millionaire?

How much royalties do you think Jesus Jones still gets?

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Isn't Dave Coulier old enough to be Alanis' father???????

Sorry I'm still in shock on this one :eek:

18. Guy Gardener

She was underaged when they dated, which is why it was a secret.

19. tighr

Jagged Little Pill came out in 1995, when she was 21. Coulier is 15 years older than her, but such a May-December isn't unheard of.

20. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think this idea already came up and i really like it.. it would be one of the more original way to spin off a show. It all depends on the writing and casting of course but early Mother was a blast when the writers had fun ideas and the cast didn't autocruise through their acting like they do now.

However one thing that i especially noticed in this episode is how old Neal Patrick Harris looks.. i mean the guy is pushing 40 but he somehow looks spent. He'd definitely look out of place in this spin off which would feature a cast of mostly mid 20s people.

Damn.. 1995.. has it been that long? :( :(

I'm really getting old...