Federation Civil War

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, May 22, 2011.

1. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

UPDATE...
    I started to work on a temp secondary hull but I think it blows. I will probably go with something that reflecs the warp engines a little more.
    I’ve added the impulse engines and some detail to the saucer that will obviously need some fix’n.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Same here, and that's a good thing for me since I love the Titan.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

There's an odd filtering going on with those last pics, with a blurry red/green outline like I'm looking at it through a prism. Were those images designed for anaglyphic 3d viewing?

4. XFozzboute

Nope just a bad attempt at chromatic abberation.

5. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I’ve added nav lights tot he saucer and the RCS system.
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to try out a texture test to make sure it would work the way I wanted it to.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  6. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Here is a good look at the now finished textured bit.
    [​IMG]
    I’m thinking about adding an airlock in the back as you see.
    [​IMG]

7. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    A few more details added to the saucer.
    [​IMG]
    Some minor work done on the sensor thing, or whatever it’s gonna turn out to be.
    Not sure If I’ll keep the long bit of armor on the saucer. I did it quick to see how it looks so it doesn’t match very well.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  8. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I decided to add a few greebles to the bridge section. Don’t know when I’ll get more work done because right now I appear to frozen underground water pipes and dealing with that is kind of wearing me down.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had frozen pipes for two days earlier this week. Life sucks when you have no running water! Hope you get it sorted out.

10. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I've added the shuttle bay and realized I forgot about impulse engines so I added a box on top that might be that. I also did a bit of work on the warp engine.
    [​IMG]
    I’ve also added an airlock.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Still looking awesome after all this time.

I might make a suggestion here about the travel pod docking ring. It looks like it's at quite a severe slant on that hull - almost like a 45 degree angle, based on how the forward part of that hull is attached to the main engine housing module in the middle.

Now, while I know that direction in space is relative and artificial gravity would keep someone level to their specific flooring, be it pod or ship, the shift in gravity alignment at that angle as someone crosses its threshhold may cause some people to fall forward as they board the main ship. Might be a bit embarrassing if the project's sponsoring Admiral walked into a maiden voyage inspection and broke his face in the first 2 seconds of the process. Boooweeeeeeeeeohhh - ADMIRAL ON [THUMP] the deck... :D

I might recommend that the area around the ring either be recessed into the hull or extended out beyond it so that it's in some way perpendicular with the interior deck behind it - and greeble it up appropriately so it doesn't look like an "oops" afterthought. Other than that, it's looking mighty fine. :techman:

12. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Just trying to get a little work done on some of the ships I haven’t worked on in awhile. I add a bits to the head of my Klingon Bird Of Honor.
    [​IMG]
    I also decided to block in the shape of the baffles
    [​IMG]
    Some minor work on the Pug Class. Beveled a few edges and added indents to the side of the hull.
    [​IMG]
    I also added rear photon torpedo launchers.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  13. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I added a few more details to the bridge and some windows.
    [​IMG]
    I’ve even added a phaser.
    [​IMG]
    And I worked a little bit on the secondary hull. I’m still thinking about what to do about a nav deflector.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  14. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Got a few more things added to the top of the ship. I think it’s coming along nicely.
    [​IMG]
    I added some forward reaction control thrusters but I think I might redo them. I also added an airlock.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  15. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

She is a little clunky looking, but then, so are other classes, such as the Istanbul class.

Very fine modeling as always.

16. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I’ve added more details including another transporter emitter and lifeboats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  17. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Got a little bit more done on the KBH. Minor stuff. Started to put an idea together for the disruptors. I do think the wings might be a little too long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  18. reanimatedfish

reanimatedfish Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mmm, quad disruptors and dual torpedo launcher. We can pit it and the defiant against each other in a cock fight!

The nice beefy neck is a cool touch. I'll be interested to see what you do with the main hull and wings. Especially the engines.

19. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    I haven’t gotten much done. To busy trying to get the brakes on my car fixed. I need to add some smoothing groups to a few bits and this is what I was thinking for the nav deflector. Unfortunatly I lost this work and will need to redo it.
    [​IMG]

Atolm likes this.
  20. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It always suck to lose progress.

Sorry to hear that.:(

I hope you can make up for it relatively quickly.