Spock's line *Major Major Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Jon1701, May 10, 2013.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Bullshit, Clark Kent wears glasses and Superman doesn't. How could he fly around if he was wearing glasses. It doesn't make any sense.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Lex Luthor is Superman's twin brother, who was given up for adoption.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shit, I can't argue with that logic!

4. pirates_dc

pirates_dc Ensign Red Shirt

I didnt see anything wrong with it. Spocks emotional outburst went well with the story. ANd it was far from laughable. During the whole scene the filled up theater was DEAD SILENT, not even so much as a pop corn crunch could be heard. It was a great movie to watch with a full house of other trekkies

5. Amaris

Yep. Theater was dead silent here, too. Though, like I said in another thread, after Spock screams "Khan!", a girl a few rows down commented, "Ooh, he mad!" :lol:

6. pirates_dc

lol oh jeez that would of ruined the moment for me.

7. Amaris

Well, the tension needed to be broken, and a bunch of us giggled when she said it, so no harm done. :lol:

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Spock's "KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" and the radiation chamber redo from TWOK are some of the few things I'm not a fan of. It feel way too much like TWOK for me. I was hoping for something more different.

Now that nuKhan has finally been done, maybe people can finally stop asking for him to appear? We can move on with the third movie. No more elephant in the room.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  9. pirates_dc

Seemed different to me :techman: all kidding aside, they put it in there to get the goose bumps going for those who love TWOK

10. mrpopsicleman

mrpopsicleman Cadet Newbie

The line did seem to pander somewhat to the internet meme crowd, kinda like the Juggernaut's dumb line in X-Men: The Last Stand.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

First time I hated it.

Second time I forgave it and kind of was touched by Spock's emotions..

Going a third time tonight, hopefully I will fall in love.

12. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

Re: Spocks line *Major Major Spoilers*

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. He could've yelled it before chasing him through the streets, or while chasing him on those flying trucks. That would've been so much better than what they gave us.

I liked the film, but that moment was one that I tried to forget as soon as it happened. As a matter of fact, I think the TWOK scene would've worked better if there'd been a lot less dialogue to it. The only line of dialogue they really needed there was "it's what you would've done."

13. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Spock was in shock when his Mom died.

In all honesty, I didn't mind the yell. Slightly out of character for Spock, but this was a younger Spock. His emotions got the better of him.

14. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

A better punishment would have been to have him be sent to a rehabilitation colony, where (if the technology exists) his personality is replaced with a new one, as is done on Babylon 5.

15. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In my theater, when Khan announced his name several people guffaw'ed (as if they couldn't have figured it out when they showed that the 70 odd torpedoes contained cryogens...) and I was a little let down but as the film progressed I slowly started thinking things like "Ricardo who?"

Then came the radiation death scene and the only thing I was thinking was, "Please don't say 'Oh my" please don't say "oh my" please don't say 'oh my'" and he didn't.

and then I facepalmed... quite the rollercoaster, this film!

I still loved this film and as a sequel or remake (a requel?) it was really well done. I later looked at a pic of Montalban as Khan with all that lovely hair and snickered that THIS guy couldn't take out a whole squad of Klingons and decided to go into my second viewing with less fanwanky expectations.

16. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I don't know if this was intended to be the funniest moment in Star Trek history, but I damn near laughed myself out of my seat.

I don't see how anyone could fail to enjoy it.