My Little Pony : Friendship Is Magic FAIL!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wanted to cry or choke someone! :lol: I laugh cause they didn't take it serious before the tragic news.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/18926250/guys-who-like-my-little-pony-gather-for-bronycon

The original story is gone but I saw it live while they were covering a shooting...then they stopped this story(Bronies).

But they had it all wrong and didn't pronounces "Bronies" right and didn't say "Friendship Is Magic". Ugh.

This is the story they covered when they stopped;
    http://www.nbc12.com/category/240224/video-landing-page?clipId=8577682&autostart=true

Tragic. :(

But they couldn't get basic MLP : FIM stuff right...I want the initial video. :(

ETA: I wonder why they tried to run a "Brony" story while covering this local tragedy?

I should also add the shooting happened long before they tried to tun the "Brony" stuff.

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've read this post 4 times now, and I still have no idea what you are upset about.

3. Taylirious

Mainly why they would do a "Brony" story while there was a "Breaking News" story about a State Trooper getting shot, seems off to run it while there was a breaking news story and also they got some stuff wrong with the MLP:FIM/Brony stuff, just all of it. I know I shouldn't be upset but just didn't add up that afternoon. Sigh. Sorry. :(

ETA: This is nothing really. MOD can close it.

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh right, well horrible things are happening at any given time on any given day. You have to run the lighter stuff at some point.

It probably shouldn't surprise you that local news doesn't take a gathering of My Little Pony fans overly seriously either :p

5. Taylirious

They seemed to play up the whole shock of adult males liking a cartoon meant for little girls and then not pronouncing "brony" right...the guy said it like "brawny" instead of "bro-knee" The whole thing seemed a day late and a dollar short. :lol: Plus other errors...not really a big deal. Sorry.

The State Trooper shooting though was happening hours before that though and they kept bringing up "breaking news" all afternoon, I would have waited a day. Not sure when that Bronycon is, but I am sure it could have waited till the nightly news. :shrug:

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I chuckled when the president said "Jedi Mind Meld" both for being an "oops" but also at myself a little bit for knowing the difference. It's not my thing personally but you have to see where people might find the whole brony thing a bit funny. The only thing comparable I can remember is when Sailor Moon was popular a while back.

7. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Is it possible that they were using this slightly old story, as in grown men liking a show aimed as pre-teen girls, to fill time while they waited for new developments and what not to come in?