Rare Photos: June 2011

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey folks! First of the month, hope those of you with such have paid your rent! :p

I've actually got two requests of everybody this month.

First up is, if anyone has an IMDBPro account, and wouldn't mind helping me out as a bit of an info gofer, please PM me about such.

Second is, if any of Euro fans have both a flatbed scanner and access to copies of the Star Trek magazine from it's beginning issue in 1995 through until January of 1999, I could use some assistance as well. So PM on that as well. ;)

Otherwise, lets enjoy this month's crop of goodies!

http://www.trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=101

My Favorites:
    1st Row, Left: Somebody behind the scenes of TSFS mistook Kruge's targ for his dog, me thinks! Hehe.

2nd Row, Right: On-location publicity photo of Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys for the 3rd season episode "Shakaar"

4th Row, Right: In the make-up trailer with Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley!

5th Row, Left: Jeri Ryan looking pretty damn bored on the Dauntless bridge during filming of the season 4 finale "Hope and Fear"

Which Ones Are Your Favorites & Why?

2. Rom's Sehlat

Rom's Sehlat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4th down on the left: who and what is that?

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I don't know the actor, but it's that shape shifter who led Kirk and McCoy out of that Klingon Prison in TUC.

4. Frontier

Indeed.

They take publicity photos of everything and everyone. :p

5. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

That shot of Deforest and Nimoy in makeup is terrific! So crisp and clear. Nimoy is fully made up as Spock, but wearing civvies. Isn't makeup taken off after shooting? I wonder if they're coming back from a lunch break.

6. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

2nd row, right - I like the one of Kira.

3rd row, centre - woohoo, the salt monster!

4th row, right - The one of DeForest Kelley and Leonard Nimoy - Nimoy looks so weird with the Vulcan ears and wearing his usual clothes. It also has DeForest Kelley in it, so that's always a plus for me :)

7. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Yeah, the Kelley/Nimoy one is really cool--it looks so weird to see Spock wearing a wristwatch and a wedding ring!

8. JeffM

JeffM Ensign Red Shirt

I like Nimoy and Kelley in the makeup trailer. I also noticed the wedding ring and watch, it's just odd seeing it, especially with his pointy ears on.

9. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

I've yet to see a publicity picture from Star Trek 2009 that doesn't look terrible.

10. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing I don't like about Vulcans, Romulans, and even Klingons, Tellarites and Andorians in recent years is how exaggerated and unrealistic their eyebrows look. The B&W Nimoy pic and the T'Pol's mom one next to it have a more understated look that works more for me. Compare them to newSpock there.

Later-Worf, Martok, and Shran have these really bushy perfectly-manicured tufts of upswept eyebrows. It's like they thought, "Hey, the eyebrow thing worked in the past, lets go batshit crazy with it."

11. Frontier

There are a bunch of Uhura that are decent, but all in all, yeah, they all stink. The lighting is horrible. It's no wonder they where not really used for much, or if they where, they where photoshop fixed.

12. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

Yeah, definitely. That's a nice photo.

13. Frontier

Anyone here know what Nimoy's first wife looks like? I've got a photo I think is of him and her back in the 60s, but I can't be certain... would like to make a positive ID.

14. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I think she had long dark hair and wore glasses that were very particular to the time.

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

There's a small picture of the two together near the bottom of this page. I also found this while doing the image search.

16. Frontier

So got a contact sheet of rejected Tom Paris pb shots, and I've been able to scan them into high res. But some shots are slight variations, like with any series of PB photos. So like, just a different head move or mouth move or eye move. Thing is, they're all really surprisingly good, and so I figure I'll show each one. But would it be dull to see such slight variations? IE, should I choose the top 5 or 6 out of 14 I've got for RP and just dump the slight variants in the VGR directory? Or would even such a slight variation be tolerable? Mind you, they'll be spread 1 per issue -- at max. Might be 1 every other issue. So it's over the space of 2-3 years.

17. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great pictures as always. Thanks for posting them.:)