What was your frist star trek experience

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Tcsfan, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Paper Moon

Paper Moon Commander Red Shirt

That first scene on Psi 2000 when Kirk and Spock are in spacesuits in a completely frozen room. That was my very first Star Trek experience.

My first experience with TNG (which I ended up strongly preferring to TOS) came a few days later and was the scene at the end of "Tapestry", when Picard is admitting to Riker the value of the experience Q gave him.

Both of these experiences occurred in the hospital room of a loved one. I had just turned 9. Helluva time...

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

That all seems long ago, but I've mentioned on here that I distinctly remember becoming a "Trekkie" proper in 1983. Before that i would occasionally watch episodes on Saturday or Sunday, but then one night after watching back to back episodes it literally HIT me...these episodes were so good I felt a new level of appreciation. I started to look at the midnight showings of ST EVERY night ( I finally managed to see EVERY one of the 79 episodes, the last two I saw were The Changeling and The Cloudminders), got audio tapes and records, I saw STII shown first in school on a projector, then finally in 1984 in June I saw STIII in a theater..a first, it cemented everything. It's been downhill ever since! :lol:

3. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Around 6 years old. Started with the TNG episode Qpid. Been an obsession ever since.

4. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

My Dad knew I liked Lost In Space so he said "Here's a show you might also like" and put on Star Trek. I don't remember exactly which episode, I was pretty darn young in 1967.

5. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

A TNG Borg episode. I don't remember which.

6. The Johnson

The Johnson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

My uncle took me to the cinema to see First Contact, didn't watch anything to do with star trek again for over 13 years even though I really enjoyed it.

First TV episode was TNG 'Rascals', wasn't sure what to make of it. I ended up watching more though and consequently became quite a big fan.

The last few years haven't been able to get enough.

7. Landru47

Landru47 Ensign Red Shirt

When I first started dating my girlfriend 3 years ago. I was never a fan of sci-fi, but she loved it and got me watching some BSG. That led into Trek when she showed me the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles", and I haven't stopped watching it since.

8. Janewayobsessio

Janewayobsessio Ensign Newbie

It was the original series when I was a child. It was an episode where Kirk and some others have space suits on and lies on a planet/ on the grounde and worms or bugs or something crawls into their ears and they cant take them away with their hands becauseĀ“of the suits. This really got to me! It was very discomforting and horrifying for a kid! (anyone know what episode it was?)

9. CaptainDave1701

CaptainDave1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My old friend and I have been together now for quite some time now. My old friend Star Trek and I met on Thursday, September 8, 1966.
    I was there when it all began and have faithfully been there since.

10. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

I'm ashamed to say I only discovered it in '67.:(

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I've told the story before, but I can pinpoint it to 20 October 1966, when I was 15. I stumbled into the middle of "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" during a station break. First I saw a fake unconvincing cave set. Then some guy was running around in the cave. Some big ugly guy who looked pretty cool was looking for him. First guy pulls a phallic looking styrofoam rock from the ceiling and holds it at waist level (!). Ugly guy hears it and in a woman's voice, says "Captain Kirk! Where are you? I want to help you!"

:wtf: It was another couple of weeks before I gave the series another chance, this time from the opening teaser, and I was hooked before Christmas.

12. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Best episode description EVER. :lol:

The first ST episode I ever saw - that I can remember - was "Elementary, My Dear Data". I was a very small child, and I had no idea what was going on, but I liked it. It may have also contributed to my lifelong obsession with Sherlock Holmes. (To this day, I think Spiner did a better job playing Holmes than RDJ. But that's just me.)

13. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I got hooked on Star Trek from the very beginning -- September 1966.

I was just about to turn thirteen.

We'd just purchased our first color TV set.

Now, that's what you call a perfect storm for making a kid into a lifelong Trek geek!

That sounds like the feature film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Maybe you've mixed it up with one of the original series episodes like "The Naked Time" or "The Tholian Web."

14. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

September 28, 1987. I was six years old and watching the TNG premiere with my older brothers. They were both TOS fans, which I didn't get into until I was a lot older. But I liked TNG from the start.

I really went from 'like' to 'love' years later when 'First Contact' (the episode) aired. It filled me with hope. Made me wish a beautiful starship would come take me away.

15. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I started watching the show on NBC in Sep 1966; Dad was a sci-fi fan (his favorite show was Twilight Zone), and he got me started on that genre. At university in the late 1940's, he wrote sci-fi stories for the English classes in his engineering curriculum. I had always liked the space program. Back then NASA events were a big deal at school, etc. So Star Trek was just a fun thing and the beginning of a long relationship.

16. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Well I don't know which was the first, as a young kid I watched reruns of TOS and TAS on TV. In 86 maybe I saw TMP, but it was watching TWOK in 87 that blew my mind and converted me into a huge Trek nerd. I credit that viewing as the genesis of my love for Trek.

17. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

I was about 14 and a friend was already into Trek so we watched "Heroes and Demons". Afterwards I started to watch a bit of early VOY and then mainly TNG.