ABC's 'V' - A collection of "big" ***SPOILERS*** for season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by flux_29, Sep 13, 2010.

1. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

ABC's 'V' - A collection of "big" ***SPOILERS*** BEWARE! for season 2

SPOILERS for season 2:
    (from spoilertv.com)

What’s in store for Kyle Hobbes in ‘V’ Season 2? – ripleyaeryn via Twitter
    ‘V’ exec producer Scott Rosenbaum tells The Big Tease that Hobbes will resume his mercenary role within Erica’s team, but because of the alliance that he is forced to form with Visitor Marcus, “His alliance will be tested.” We’ll also learn about Sarah, the love of Hobbes’ life “whose disappearance sent him down his dark path,” Rosenbaum reveals. “[That] gives him a personal stake in the fight against the Vs and we will see him at his most ruthless as he’s driven to take down the Visitors and reunite with Sarah.” Wait, what – Sarah’s alive? Paging Evangeline Lilly!

-----

How does the season begin?

Season 2 begins with the panic that results from the red sky, the vistors cut off their communications with the humans completely and most visitors on earth return to the mother ship. Anna refuses to answer to anyone and earth panics and takes pre-emptive measures to prepare for war. The panic intensifies when red rain begins to fall.

What is the real purpose of the red sky?

The red sky is later revealed to be a "gift for humanity" spreading life on earth making deserts green. The true purpose behind the red sky is to improve human fertility and prepare them for mass breeding with the visitors.

What is Marcus's agenda?

At the end of the first season it appeared Marcus had his own agenda with reviving Joshua and contacting Hobbs however in season 2 it appears all this was done with Anna's knowledge as Anna is aware of Joshua's revival however, Joshua is back missing memories and human emotions and is no longer a member of the fifth column, nor does he remember working with them. Marcus takes orders from Anna and then blackmails Hobbs into carrying them out.

What happens to Ryan in season 2?

In season 2 Ryan's main goal is to be with his daughter. Anna seperates him from his daughter and simply sends him back to earth planning to use the hybrid child to force Ryan into spying on the fifth column .

Does Anna experience any more human emotion?

Throughout the second season Anna struggles to control and hide her human emotions.

Why is Anna so interested in Tyler?

Tyler's humanity comes into question as Erica connects complications with her pregency with Tyler to materials in the red sky.

-----

When V returns in November, we'll see Diana imprisoned on the mother ship in a cell designed to look like the reptilian visitors' home planet. (Don't ask Badler to describe the details, as they'll all be added via special effects.) Who sent her there? None other than daughter Anna! "I'm the queen in exile, locked away in a dungeon for 15 years," says Jane. "It's mother abuse!"

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Whaaat??? :wtf: :rofl:

Just when I think this show can't get any dumber...

Nothing about this article gives me renewed hope for this series' future.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I won't be watching...not even for Laura Vandervoort. :lol:

:sigh:

4. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, literally everything in those spoilers sounds absolutely terrible. An impressive feat.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

V is filmed where I live, and a few weeks back they were filming an episode right outside my office - I took a picture of a scene they were shooting, everyone lying dead outside their cars - it looked pretty creepy:

[​IMG]

6. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Got any more?

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't remember any characters names besides Anna, Tyler, and Erica. Piss poor characters.

8. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I think I'm done with this one. Actually, I should have known I was done when I decided I didn't care about spoilers.

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're not dead. V is going a new direction with everyone around the world blacking out at the exact same time. And if that doesn't work, they will introduce an alternate universe. :p

10. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Sadly that's the only shot I have - they've been filming all around downtown Vancouver lately though, shutting down entire streets, seems like they're going big.

:lol: It could work....

11. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

Wow the spoilers do sound horrible lol

I will continue to watch this for Morena. However I may fast forward through annoying emo-kid scenes.

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The other thing that annoys me: once again, the Visitors do something awesome for humanity (bringing fertility to deserts, not the breeding bit), giving us yet another reason to not root for the Fifth Column. :lol: Who are the villains on this show, again?

13. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

That'd be the writers. :techman:

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

That sounds so stupid! :lol:

I hope the writers realized that this is their last season and to wrap up the story.

15. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh snap. :rofl:

16. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I bet Rosenbaum thought he was going to impress everyone and bring back the fanbase by spilling the beans on these spoilers instead of letting the audience see for themselves. There's not a single thing there that sounds interesting, and a lot that sounds completely ridiculous.

17. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

I would pay top dollar to see what goes on in V's writers room. Seeing how they come up with such silly plotlines and character arcs would be extremely fascinating. The wheels keep turning but nothing ever really happens. I assume the writers themselves are smart enough to realize that they're not actually telling any sort of coherent or interesting story.

I wonder how much of it is network interference.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think part of the problem is that the current staff was saddled with an idea that was ill-conceived from the start. Heck, even the original staff acknowledged that what they came up with was lacking in focus. I think the problem is that this didn't come from a writer's inspiration -- it came from ABC executives going, "Quick, we need to find a sci-fi show to replace Lost, so let's flail around for some big-name genre property we can reinvent." So they latched onto V and gave it to some producers to develop, and there was none of the original allegorical or philosophical intent, no vision beyond trying to churn out a Lost surrogate. So they just slapped some things together and it didn't actually work, because those elements removed from the original Holocaust allegory and grafted onto some modern terrorism allegory just didn't have any logic or cohesiveness. And then when others were brought in to try to salvage the concept, there was just too little there at the core, too flimsy a foundation to build anything worthwhile on.

Although, let's face it, the new ideas that have been added have been even worse than what they started with. Like this stupid cliche of emotionless aliens being infected by "human emotion." That's always annoyed me, this glib assumption that any emotion must automatically be human emotion. It's corny, like something out of a '50s B-movie. This is the kind of thing you get when people who don't understand SF are put in charge of SF shows -- rehashes of things they saw in old movies. It's also simplistic, black-and-white storytelling: "Feelings good, brain bad, ug ug!" And it's inconsistent because the Visitors have been clearly shown to possess emotions all along.

19. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I protest this "new direction"! Who's with me? We're not going to take this lying down!

;)