Retro Review: Meridian

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by TrekToday, Oct 5, 2012.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On a planet that phases into a different dimension for the better part of each century, Dax falls in love with a man she can only stay with for a week – unless she chooses to stay for a lifetime. Plot Summary: While performing a survey in the Gamma Quadrant, the Defiant crew is astonished [...]

More...

2. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always found Tiron, as creepy as he is (and he is wonderfully creepy) to be less creepy then Dax's squeeze.

3. Admiral_Sisko

Admiral_Sisko Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The "B" plot of this episode is better than its counterpart, and it the only reason I watch it now. For Jadzia to fall in love with someone she just met was completely out of character for her, as was Sisko's decision to allow her leave of absence from Starfleet.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Poor Bashir, that guy just got her in like 5 minutes.

5. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't stand this episode in any capacity .It is one I usually skip when rewatch the DVD of Ds9.

6. scotthm

scotthm Vice Admiral Admiral

It's hands down the worst DS9 episode.

---------------

7. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The B plot is somewhat entertaining. I would put the episode above "Let He Who is without Sin..." and "Profit and Lace", and on par with "The Muse"

Its still a bad episode, but I am not sure it is the worse of DS9

8. Tom Riker

Tom Riker Lieutenant

Meridian: Ship’s Log: In direct violation of the Prime Directive and Starfleet Procedure, not to
    mention the demands of the Dominion that we stay the hell out of their space, I’ve taken the
    Defiant on a survey mission into the Gamma Quadrant. These idiots are gonna start a war.

9. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, they know there's gonna be a war anyway. Why not go and cruise and bruise some enemy territory beforehand? It seems the Dominion knows everything there is to know about the Alpha Quadrant, while Starfleet knows nothing about the Gamma Quadrant. Something ought to be done about that. And a heavily armed and cloaked "science vessel" is the best way to go.

Timo Saloniemi