Heroes, anyone?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SVD, May 31, 2009.

1. SVD

SVD Captain Captain

The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
    Does anyone here watch Heroes?
    (the show on NBC that made Zachary Quinto a big name as the superpower snatching serial killer, Sylar)

2. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stomached the first 10 episodes and lost interest.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

yes, quite a few people do.

5. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

I have stuck with it, although it's been a painful ride. The Volume One was great, Volume Two was okay, but Volume Three was pretty awful. Then along comes Volume Four and redeems my faith in the show.

Although I'm sorry that his own show got canceled, I'm really glad they have Bryan Fuller back. He's one of the best in the business. I have great hopes for the new season.

6. SVD

SVD Captain Captain

The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
    I've always had faith in the show. best to worse volumes for me: One, Four, Three, Two. Volume Three, my thoughts were "Where is this ship bound?":eek:

Fuller back on heroes is good, but they lost director Greg Beeman:( , who was a boon because he wrote a blog entry about each episode of the season, even ones that he didn't direct.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Nope never heard of we know nothing here at TREK BBS we live under rocks :cool:. Seriously I watched season 1 in a 72 hours (god I loved that weekend) enjoyed season 2 though weaker than season 1.

SEASON 3 was mixed to say the least, got better as it went on especially the Fugitives arc but the season finale was AWFUL on so many levels I want the show to end after season 4.

8. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Season 1 was good, season 2 was OK and I gave up after 8 or 9 episodes in season 3. It got dumber than I can stand.

9. Bri

Bri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yup, turned to total crap after season 1, then got redeemed slightly after Fuller came back.

Bri :rommie:

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, I watch. When the show is on, we have a pretty lively weekly discussion here (so check this place out next fall).

Even the iffy writing can't run me off, because the characters are a lot of fun. And it's rare that anything can compensate for iffy writing in my mind - for me, that's usually a fatal flaw.

Fuller did great stuff on Pushing Daisies and was involved in the very good first season so I still have hopes that he can continue to turn Heroes around, put an end to all storylines-to-nowhere, completely out-of-character characterization, lack of proper dramatic resolutions, lack of character development that makes any damn sense, fanboy nonsense, lack of any overall point to the series, and all the other ills that have been dragging what should be a fine series down into the dumps and driving viewers away en masse.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I did. Not any longer. I don't have time to waste on crap TV.

12. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Not anymore. I'd be surprised if Quinto came back after his success with Star Trek. Why would he want to?

13. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did. Past tense. Won't again.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yep, same here.

The only reason I watched any of Season 3 was because I was already on that channel because of "Chuck." About 5 episodes into Season 3, even that stopped being enough of a reason to watch it.

15. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

I may tune in the the next season just for Sylar's stuff, the rest is pretty unwatcheable.

I was a big fan after season one, train wreck since then.

16. Temis the Vorta

Loyalty. Greg Grunberg introudced him to JJ Abrams in the first place. Sure, it would be the Hollywood way to scram and not look back, but I get the feeling he's not so much the Hollywood scumbag type (yet). :D

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I want to try some of the drugs the writers were using when they made Sylar go from good to bad to good every episode in volume 3. It must have been wicked! :rommie:

Hopefully they use the characters better next season.

18. Temis the Vorta

I think I know what they were going for there (and with all the other good/evil pingponging they put the characters thru). Something to do with the notion that the powahs!!! are too much for mere mortals to handle, and it leads them to do evil things either through carelessness, naiveity, rationalization, or in Sylar's case, because his powers are a good/evil on/off switch that he is helpless to control.

Interesting idea, actually. But wow, they had no idea how to execute it. And in Sylar's case, it required blatant contradiction of previously established "facts" about the guy.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I do watch Heroes but it's often a frustrating experience. Whenever they can't think of a way to explain why character X can't use power Y to solve a problem, they just depower that person.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Heroes is done in 17 more episodes so why not stick around for one final paycheck ;) and then release a few book saying I am Sylar, I am Not Sylar :lol: