Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mutai Sho-Rin, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Chris2005

Chris2005 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'd just get the blu-rays... one time payment and you get all the episodes in full 1080p quality.

I have Season's 3-6 on blu-ray... I'll get 1 and 2 after 7 is released.

2. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

Looks like TrekCore is going to be updating their season 1 and 2 SD/HD comparison slides to video!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0eXOV1D7I[/yt]

3. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't even notice CBS-D forgot to zoom in the film when Torres is being frozen. You can see the jets from the fire extinguishers or whatever they used.

4. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fun fact I just read on IMDB: Shatner didnt want to reappear as Kirk, so they gave him (and Nimoy) a raise for Star Trek 4. This raise was cut from the budget for the first season of TNG. :)

*shakes fist at Shatner*

5. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    ^^

I'm shaking my fist as well. haha. I was a big fan of the first season when it premiered, and would have wondered what the crew would have done with a bigger budget.

Season 1 TNG is on my list to buy on blu-ray, I wonder. I haven't read the 103 pages in this thread since time is very precious, but I was interested if there were any extras or deleted scenes offered on the disks.

(Of course, I could check Amazon.com for the answers as well...)

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

That doesn't make a lot of sense. TNG was announced in October 1986. Shatner signed a deal to appear in Star Trek IV in the first few months of 1985.

There's a new documentary on the season one Blu-Ray. No deleted scenes -- although later seasons have them.

7. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

But it's on the internet! It must be true!

8. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So the trivia section on IMDB is generally full of shit. I heard it here first.

9. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Not to mention that TNG had a pretty sizeable budget for an 80s dramatic series. They weren't hurting for money.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

This. Besides, wouldn't the TNG budget have been footed by Paramount's TV arm with the movie money coming from the movie division?

11. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. TNG looked lush for a TV series, even more than the original did.

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since your time is so precious, you could have just googled it. It would have taken much less time than writing a post and checking back to find the answer...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TNG_Season_1_Blu-ray

http://trekcore.com/blog/2012/04/full-tng-season-1-blu-ray-bonus-features-revealed/

http://trekcore.com/blog/2012/07/exclusive-tng-season-1-bonus-feature-details/

http://trekcore.com/blog/2012/07/trekcore-review-tng-remastered-season-1-blu-ray/

13. Start Wreck

Start Wreck Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Amazon UK - Season 1 - £18.00 GBP (approx. 29.00 USD, excl. shipping - region-free!)

As reported by Trekcore, many Star Trek blu-ray sets are currently reduced on Amazon.co.uk. I have no idea if this is temporary or permanent, but I thought it worth sharing.

14. Start Wreck

Looks like the promotion is coming to an end, but S1 and 2 have dropped a little further. Great deal if you're quick! S1 now £14.50 GBP (about $23 USD!!). :o

Three week delivery, but still...

EDIT: Ah, gone back to normal price for now.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Nah, Googling takes precious time as well...

However, it seems that you did the work for me.

Xiexie...:techman:

16. Mykeprime

Mykeprime Ensign Newbie

I just got season 1 along with 2-6, but it's missing the card slip cover. All the others have one and s1 looks really out of place on the shelf without it :(

I'm emailing Amazon to see if it was lost in picking/packing, but does anyone have an idea of how to get one?

17. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Exactly the same with my collection, apparently the slip covers were only on the first few batches. I think you can buy the slip cover on eBay.

18. Mykeprime

Mykeprime Ensign Newbie

So Amazon sent me another. Despite being assured that it was checked and would come with the card slip cover, it didn't :/

19. Start Wreck

No slip cover on mine, either. Maybe they just don't have them anymore?

Amazon was kind enough to refund me 20% of the cost of the set, since I agreed to keep it. (Meaning I've paid a ridiculous £11.60 for season one! :lol: )

Is there any way I could contact the distributor directly? I haven't seen any card sleeves on eBay.

20. Mykeprime

Mykeprime Ensign Newbie

Managed to get one with the slip cover on ebay with very little wear for £30!:hugegrin: