Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think movie blogs can safely lie about having an inside scoop about Fassbender being cast in any movie. There's like 50% chance it'd be true. :lol:

2. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Say I hear Charlize Theron could be in this. ;)

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, a short cammeo. A Mos Eisley hooker, they say.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Not counting Grey's Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Don't know about GA, but the latter was barely even a guest appearance. More like a syfy celeb cammeo, like LaVar Burton in the last one.

Firefly, The 4400, TSCC, Dollhouse, The Cape... Doesn't look good for Alphas either. Talk about a track record. :lol:

6. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

She and Lindsay Lohan as a pair of aging hookers who "entertained the troops" during the "Empire years."

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Bad news, everyone... :(

Vulture: Arndt's treatment features a "Son of Jar Jar and Chewbacca" sidekick

Highly-placed sources within Lucasfilm are telling Vulture that Michael Ardnt's "Sequel Trilogy" treatment features a wacky child sidekick-type character who's the love child of Jar Jar Binks and Chewbacca. The "Gungie" hybrid, carried to term by Chewbacca's sister-in-law, was purportedly added at the request of senior consultant George Lucas, in order to "help the sidekick character motifs of the three trilogies rhyme". These same sources also tell us that, as a highly personal request that is one of Lucas' few contributions to the new trilogy, franchise steward Kathleen Kennedy is likely to be be "fiercely protective" of the character in future consultations with Lucasfilm's new Disney overlords.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Humor. It is a difficult concept.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

He knows it's a joke.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

We all know it's a joke. The question: is it funny?

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

But hey if Spielberg directed it the sidekick would be sporting a backwards baseball cap. Things can always be worse.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who would have an extensive backstory developed in the EU.

Is it wrong that I actually like this idea?

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Maybe Carrie Fisher will return and play 'Leia The Hutt'

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh haha.

16. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

So if pre-production has started, it must mean that concept artists are busy at work on Episode VII right now. Who are these people? Ryan Church? Ian McCaig? Warren Fu? Feng Zhu? Who's schedule has been totally cleared for some undisclosed project?

17. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

YES!

Seriously, if that's true this idea alone should be enough to kick Lucas out the door and have a standing order at Lucas Film to ignore everything he suggests from now on.
    I don't have problem with a comedic sidekick as long as it's not an annoying crap character like Jar Jar, after three movies the damn gungans should never appear again, they're awful. And it's not enough that they might be back, Lucas wants to add their stink to the awsomeness that are the wookies.

I don't even get why it's important for the sidekick motifs to rhyme ... Chebacca and Jar jar were polar opposites, nothing about them rhymed. If he wanted them to rhyme he should have started when he did the prequel trilogy and not squeeze two characters that had nothing in common into a third one.

If the new trilogy features a wookie with floppy ears who steps into poop and acts like an idiot I don't think I'll survive that, the wookies are to awesome for a fate like that.

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course Chewbacca and Jar Jar didn't rhyme. Jar Jar rhymed with Han Solo.

The social outcast, in trouble with the law, vest-wearing troublemaker who somehow helped our heroes to find a way around their enemies' position, only to lose hope and have a change of heart during the big battle. Jar Jar in Episode I is Han Solo in Episode IV. And it becomes even clearer once you realize that the original concept for Han Solo was that he was some kind of amphibious alien.

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I never made the connection.

But it fits.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

And now I must find a large rock to bash my head on so that I might forget it. :scream: :p