Trek 09 question..

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Pawleygirl, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indoors, but doing what? Scotty was manning some sort of a workstation, equipped with generic devices dedicated to processing information. What was he doing if not paying attention to the biggest event in local history?

And Vulcan would stay gone. If Scotty was worried about not having chat partners, shouldn't he be particularly worried about losing his daily "Vulcan Space Central testing communications with local station Delta Vega, over", even if it were always delivered with emotionless monotone?

Timo Saloniemi

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure he was manning anything. Just dozing at a desk piled with junk, surrounded by bits of machines he'd seemingly been disecting. We don't even know what the Delta Vega outpost was for, except that it's automated to the extent that being assigned there is punishment duty. I assume an automated mining station, like the one on it's namesake in "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

3. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

And yet the first thing on his mind when he meets Kirk and Spock is getting a decent meal! ;) This guy is either very self absorbed or very unobservant. Either way, I no longer find it strange that he could over look the escape pod! :lol:

4. Timo

This does raise the question of how knowledge of Vulcan's fate propagated in the Federation. While the process was ongoing, Nero's jamming would prevent the news from getting out. The Enterprise in turn might still be unable to communicate due to the damage suffered (and for that reason couldn't tell Delta Vega about the castaway, either). Would the supposed Vulcan escapees be able to contact the media?

If there was no immediate coverage of the event, we might still consider Scotty reasonably alert and deduce that the skies above Delta Vega did not feature any calamities of note. If there was coverage, then Scotty is far from alert and might have missed Armageddon next door.

Timo Saloniemi

5. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

The only weird item I had about the whole thing was that Sulu's parachute cables were so tough that fire couldn't destroy them thus having him cut them in order to escape the fire but the cables are not strong enough to hold two people. It doesn't make any difference though...I loved every second of it.

6. Timo

I wouldn't consider that complex rewind mechanism particularly reliable under fire. Seems that rather than snapping in the middle, the cables failed at that particular point...

Timo Saloniemi